A ? For Diamond/Diamond+ Members

My wife & I are new Diamond members. Can you bring a drink from the Concierge Lounge to your dining room table?? Thanks in advance. Jack

I have and nothing was said or done about it.

Jan

Generally you cannot remove drinks from the Concierge Lounge for dinner or for your cabin. We have, on occasion, been permitted to leave with a drink in a "to go" paper coffee cup. Not very fancy but I can see their point on removing drinks - could get out of hand.

Lou

The rule is that no alcoholic beverage leaves the concierge or overflow lounge. That being said........it's up to the individual concierge. On the Radiace class ships, there is a nice seating area just outside of the lounge, and sometimes, when the lounge is full, the concierge will allow people to use that area.

Obviously, they would not know if you sat there or took the drink back to your cabin to enjoy. ;)

Rick

My experience has been closest to Rick's.

The rules say "no" - drinks poured in the Concierge Lounge are for consumption in the Concierge Lounge.

Most concierges are quite strict about it.

Others are either too busy or they don't enforce the rule, and then you can carry a drink out.

When I was on the Serenade, we had a WONDERFUL concierge names Maritza. She was very nice and half the time I ended up tending bar because we had a relatively large group. But, I made drinks for everyone. On the day of the Glacier, she kept the hot chocolate coming and didn't care if we took it out.

I can't remember her scolding anyone for taking a drink out. But, we were all well behaved and felt like a family with almost everyone that came to the lounge so there were no issues.

To the OP question, How could you make it that far with a whole drink? I think it would be finished before you got off the elevator. (in my case) LOL

One of the main reasons that they do not like you taking "glasses" of wine or any other drink for that matter out of the lounge is then it is additional work for them to replace all those missing glasses.

That's what the beautiful Stefano told me on the Enchantment in 2005. He is responsible for all of the glassware in the Lounge. He was very scrupulous in making sure that it didn't walk out!

When we were on the Liberty in April, we walked out of the lounge with a drink just about every night. Our concierge nor the waiters ever said anything. Probably just depends on who it is, but we never had any issues at all.

and did you know that on Voyager class ships there is a CCTV camera watching the door of the Concierge lounge :D .

When we were on Navigator May/June this year there was a guy who used to come in, make himself a few drinks and walk straight out with them!!!:eek: . We were gobsmacked at the audacity of the man. One evening the concierge helped him out with his drinks then waved up to the camera as he was phoning security to say it was okay and he had approved it.

Our experience on this ship was a very positive one;) :D .

Just goes to show EVERY SHIP AND EVERY CONCIERGE IS DIFFERENT:) .

Carlos's main concern was that glasses were not being returned.

Archived