To my HAL friends....THANKS! My pics were chosen by Fodor's!!!

SakeDad

As all the great folks here on the HAL board have been so supportive of my photography I wanted to tell you I'm so excited!!! Two of my pics were chosen by Fodor's Travel Guides to be used for their Alaska books this year! You can see all the winners at http://www.fodors.com/world/north-am...wsletter#_self I took one pic from HAL Noordam and the other as we were on an excursion in Sitka. Both of mine have photo credits and I will be published! Also I'm getting a couple of free guides from them. This just gives me more encouragement to enter some more photo contests...so maybe I'll be posting more prizes soon!:p

Thank you everyone for all of your kind remarks about my pics!!!:D

Nathan

Congratulations!:) :)

I had an artist tell me I should enter a contest with ONE of my pictures . I had shown a small group about 30 of my 300 pictures of Europe, and hadn't even realized at the time I took it that it would come out! VERY difficult to get a truly good pic.:(

Congratulations, Nathan! I'm thrilled for you. Now you know there's another career out there just waiting for you if you ever want to follow a different path.

It's great to have choices! :)

Nathan........what an honor to have not one, but two fabulous photos published in one of the top travel books/online sources !!!!! Congratulations. Now tell me: the whale tale: type camera and how far were you from this beautiful creature. Phenomenal shot !!! gg

Nathan........what an honor to have not one, but two fabulous photos published in one of the top travel books/online sources !!!!! Congratulations. Now tell me: the whale tale: type camera and how far were you from this beautiful creature. Phenomenal shot !!! gg

Thanks everyone!:D Ruth, I consider my pictures my retirement plan. I am in the works of getting a gallery showing together and if I can sell my pics for what I have seen at art shows (and mine are just as good!) I think it would be wonderful to make a living through my art and passion.

As for the camera, it's a Panasonic FZ20 that's a real workhorse for me! We were on a small, 6 passenger metal boat in Sitka and maybe 30-50 yards when this whale came up with the kelp!:eek: The whales were very active and I just shot and shot and shot that day! I got some awesome pics but that was one I knew no one else had ever gotten! I call it "Humpback Earring"

Awesome pictures, Nathan. Amazing. I actually spent about three hours looking through your galleries a few nights ago. Your talent is incredible, and you should be proud. I love your caption on the fluke picture in Fodor's. So perfect. Good luck to you in your future endeavors! (I also got the impression from some of your gallery captions that you could also write a book about your cruise experiences.)

Thanks everyone!:D Ruth, I consider my pictures my retirement plan. I am in the works of getting a gallery showing together and if I can sell my pics for what I have seen at art shows (and mine are just as good!) I think it would be wonderful to make a living through my art and passion.

As for the camera, it's a Panasonic FZ20 that's a real workhorse for me! We were on a small, 6 passenger metal boat in Sitka and maybe 30-50 yards when this whale came up with the kelp!:eek: The whales were very active and I just shot and shot and shot that day! I got some awesome pics but that was one I knew no one else had ever gotten! I call it "Humpback Earring"

Nathan, congratulations, I am not surprised you always post great shots. Was you humpback photo from the Esther G, we went on a trip with Capt. Davey after your posts, we had a great time despite crazy weather

Nathan, congratulations, I am not surprised you always post great shots. Was you humpback photo from the Esther G, we went on a trip with Capt. Davey after your posts, we had a great time despite crazy weather

Yes it was! I'm so glad you had a great time with him, he's a great guy and gives a great boat excursion in Sitka.

Archived