Solstice Float Out Pictures

chessbriar

Rick - Those are great pictures. Thanks for posting the link. I don't know how you have time for all that web searching with little Nicole running around.
I find links during lunch at work and save them. They later come back to hunt me. I posted before she was awake this morning and she's watching Mickey as I type.

Andreas ~ THANK YOU so very much for taking such wonderful photos and sharing them with us. I can't tell you how exciting it has been to watch this ship come to life. It's amazing. Please let us know when you have more photos posted !!! Thanks again!

And thanks, Rick, for posting the link to Andres' photos....

Hi Everyone !

Andreas : Thank you for your wonderful photos !

We had a great time here on Cruise Critic last night, or should I say this morning ! About 15 of us chatted here on the boards, and watched Solstice make her outdoor arrival at 3:35 AM (Eastern Time). It was very exciting.

I cant wait to see her in person, on the Inaugural Sailing. I am counting the days !

Hi Everyone !

Andreas : Thank you for your wonderful photos !

We had a great time here on Cruise Critic last night, or should I say this morning ! About 15 of us chatted here on the boards, and watched Solstice make her outdoor arrival at 3:35 AM (Eastern Time). It was very exciting.

I cant wait to see her in person, on the Inaugural Sailing. I am counting the days !

You are very lucky! Have a ball. Wish it were me!

This is soooo cool. We've been cruising for nearly 10 years and never got involved with watching the "birth" of a ship. And it's "our ship" in only 168 days!! Thanks for all the pictures, hard to choose which is more fun, Solstice or the Olympics.:D

You are very lucky! Have a ball. Wish it were me!

Thank You. I will be sure to report back when I return home. I am sure many of our Cruise Critic friends will do the same. We will keep you posted !

So what is next for her? Does she stay there to continue finishing and decorating?

I have just started following her....

She will stay besides the shipyard until September 27. . In this time many interior works and tests will be done. On September 27. she will pass the small river Ems to Eemshaven in the Netherlands and it will be finalized. I think in the middle of October she will be handed over to Celebrity Cruises.

Archived