WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Looking at the size of this tread, I cannot imagine why anyone would really care about who is the Captain, crew, officers etc.

Do people actually book a cruise ship only when there "favorite" captain or cruise director on board?

Like most threads on here it's only interesting to the people that are interested in knowing who's onboard... the great thing in life is we are all different [emoji106]

I'd say most people don't book because of a certain person but plenty like to see a familiar face of someone they enjoyed before whether it being a humorous captain a good chef or a great CD they arranged good events/shows etc, a lot of little things can go a long way to making a good cruise a great cruise [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know the senior staff list for the Silhouette for our upcoming Baltic Cruise departing May 19 from Amsterdam?

The captain will change tomorrow as well as the cruise director.

Change is the only constant.

Looking at the size of this tread, I cannot imagine why anyone would really care about who is the Captain, crew, officers etc.

Do people actually book a cruise ship only when there "favorite" captain or cruise director on board?

I have been on Cruise Critic for a long, long time and didn't know that this thread existed. When a friend told me about it recently, I was tickled.

Would I book a cruise because of a particular Captain? Yes! If there were two nearly identical cruises to our desired itinerary and time frame, I would jump at the opportunity to be on Captain Kate's ship. Her positive attitude filters down through the entire crew, making the cruise an even more pleasurable experience.

Conversely, I've been on ships where the attitude of the Captain negatively affected the entire crew.

AND, yes, I've conveyed these feelings to Celebrity.

Keep up the good work, and thanks to all contributors.

George

I have been on Cruise Critic for a long, long time and didn't know that this thread existed. When a friend told me about it recently, I was tickled.

Would I book a cruise because of a particular Captain? Yes! If there were two nearly identical cruises to our desired itinerary and time frame, I would jump at the opportunity to be on Captain Kate's ship. Her positive attitude filters down through the entire crew, making the cruise an even more pleasurable experience.

Conversely, I've been on ships where the attitude of the Captain negatively affected the entire crew.

AND, yes, I've conveyed these feelings to Celebrity.

Keep up the good work, and thanks to all contributors.

George

I do agree with you George

I think while all the senior staff are fully competent in their roles, there are some that are really outstanding

A really wonderful combination of any of the Master, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director can change a nice cruise into a spectacular one

I don't think (at least in my case) there are not any I would try to avoid, but there are certainly at least three Captains I consider home runs in the way they run their vessels, and at least as many Hotel Directors that their presence alone would entice me to join them on a voyage if I was sitting on the fence whether to take the cruise or not.

I do agree with you George

I think while all the senior staff are fully competent in their roles, there are some that are really outstanding

A really wonderful combination of any of the Master, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director can change a nice cruise into a spectacular one

I don't think (at least in my case) there are not any I would try to avoid, but there are certainly at least three Captains I consider home runs in the way they run their vessels, and at least as many Hotel Directors that their presence alone would entice me to join them on a voyage if I was sitting on the fence whether to take the cruise or not.

Here here you've summed it up in a nut shell. Couldn't agree more with you. Yes, Captain Kate is amazing and Jamie the HD on Eclipse is the best ever.

Entertainment includes:

Imperial Duo

Resident DJ Lenny (Sky Lounge)

Peter Rossetti (piano in Ensemble Lounge)

Soul Quartet

House Band: Sound Stars

Paul Eastwood (opening act in Eclipse Theater--Comedian )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millennium - May 7, 2017

Master: Captain Nikolas Christodoulakis

Hotel Director: Mark McSorley

Chief Engineer: Emmanouil Archontakis

Staff Captain: Kyriakos Matragkas

F&B: Mihai Olaeriu

Cruise Director: Steve Gayda

GRM: Roy Avidor

Exec Chef: Alexander Capella

Michael's Club: Aldin Buendia

CC Host: Graeme Kelleher

Guitar & Vocals: Voodeux Duo

Guitar & Vocals: Dale Ellis

House Band: Front Row

Dance Band: Inner Mood

DJ: RoXtar

Classical Sounds: Duo Allure

Here here you've summed it up in a nut shell. Couldn't agree more with you. Yes, Captain Kate is amazing and Jamie the HD on Eclipse is the best ever.

Ditto! I would not choose a cruise because of the staff, but if there were a choice, there are some I would definitely prefer.

Solstice - May 7, 2017[/font][/color]

Master: Captain Tasos Kafetzis

Hotel Director: Mario Valentino

Chief Engineer: Andreas Kavouras

Staff Captain: Ilias Stefanatos

F&B: Loren Arsovski

Cruise Director: Peter Baker

GRM: Monica Gomez

Exec Chef: Frank Pollak

Michael's Club: John ?

CC Host: Angeline Cammalleri, Rose is back on Solstice on May 17th

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Solstice - May 7, 2017[/font][/color]

Master: Captain Tasos Kafetzis

Hotel Director: Mario Valentino

Chief Engineer: Andreas Kavouras

Staff Captain: Ilias Stefanatos

F&B: Loren Arsovski

Cruise Director: Peter Baker

GRM: Monica Gomez

Exec Chef: Frank Pollak

Michael's Club: John ?

CC Host: Angeline Cammalleri, Rose is back on Solstice on May 17th

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the updated info. This must be the staff for the Alaska season. We will see them in 5.5 weeks.

Thanks so much for the updated info. This must be the staff for the Alaska season. We will see them in 5.5 weeks.

[emoji5] Mike, you are awesome. Thank you for this thread. See you next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most threads on here it's only interesting to the people that are interested in knowing who's onboard... the great thing in life is we are all different [emoji106]

I'd say most people don't book because of a certain person but plenty like to see a familiar face of someone they enjoyed before whether it being a humorous captain a good chef or a great CD they arranged good events/shows etc, a lot of little things can go a long way to making a good cruise a great cruise [emoji106]

I agree with Mr T from Canadia , although I would look for alternatives if the Hi de Hi CD was on a cruise I was considering.

Last August 28 Summit cruise,the CC Hostess was Angelina.She left for vacation in November.Does anyone know if she will be joining the Summit anytime soon?

Tom

Edited by Spf12