Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

He is right, I was there too on that cruise. It was PACKED both in CL and overflow.

Suzanne, I believe you and Kewl Guy about the overcrowding on that particular Explorer sailing - I had other friends on that cruise and they told me the same thing and how bad it was even in the overflow lounge. They also told me that cards weren't being checked, etc. It only takes a few people to tell other people that no one is checking and then everyone just trys to get in - that's human nature!! We have used the overflow lounge on the Explorer on 2 different sailings. The first 12 nighter the overflow was in the Chamber (which I don't like) and there was hardly anyone there. The 12 nighter we took last month (March 15th), the overflow was in Cloud Nine and it was only crowded the first night during sailaway. It was pretty much empty the rest of the cruise. We had 2nd seating so I can't say how it was before 1st seating but when we would go at 7 or 7:30 it was empty - there were nights that I could count about 12 to 15 people in there.

I really think it's because they were more organized than on that November sailing that you were on. Jeffrey and Marek were checking seapass cards - of course they didn't check ours after the first time but if someone walked in and went to get a drink they asked to see their card. Pehaps that's why it wasn't crowded.

I think every cruise will be different and I honestly think that when things get out of control the way I understand they were on that November sailing, perhaps it was RCCL that allowed it to happen by not taking control of things.

Patty

Does anyone think that this nightly "dedicated VIP party" might be given on ships that never had a concierge? Like Monarch, Majesty, etc. I've read the email a couple of times and I can't tell if that might be the case. If so, that would be a significant expansion of this benefit.

Bob

You know, I was happy to have the letter. At least someone is listening and trying to make things right again. I can handle wine and champagne.....sounds good to me! And a 25% discount is seet, IMHO.

It will be forever before I reach Diamond Plus. Glad I will be on Freedom next....there are both lounges there:)

Barb

But, still, the one thing I really wanted was the gourment/specialty coffee, and that we did not get back. :(

So, I'm not ashamed of myself for saying that this was the only perk I used and the only one of importance to me that I lost. It was the single element that added the "class" to my experience. Sure, I'll buy a coffee if I want it (and drink it in my ritzy paper cup), but I don't feel ashamed for expressing my slight disappoinment.

If you'll reread my posts, for me, my disappointment with recent changes is more a culmulative effect of the combination of RCCL's declining food, declining service, increasing "in your face" sale of everything, combined with an attitude that suggests they really think they are better (and the ratings sure don't support this) that strikes me the most.

The coffee was just the final "straw" for me.

iflyjets,

Thanks for all your support. This isn't over yet. There are many Diamonds who enjoy the coffee as well. RCI is obviously going back to the drawing board to rethink the whole C & A cuts and needed more time to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. They HAD to get something out in print to stop the Bleeding from all the cancellations (resulting in refunding all those deposits) and loss of future bookings (resulting in fewer new deposits).

So free speech is powerful and money talks!!!!!

The best thing for RCI right now would be to CAREFULLY think this thing through and get as much feedback from as many sources as they can in formulating a new, overhauled C & A program. This is a good sign and may be a very valuable lesson for RCI going forward.

Happy Cruising,

Colleen

OK............here goes. I wrote to Mr. Goldstein several weeks ago......and have never received an answer from him. That's OK!

I asked........as I have stated in several posts here.........that I think it would behoove RCCL to open another venue for Diamonds........and give them drinks at a 50% discount.

What Mr. Goldstein came back with........is free wine and beer, and 25% off of .........what I assume to be well drinks.

I will be aboard the Mariner of the Seas this coming Sunday. I know how RCCL pours drinks..........and so far.........they have never poured me anything "watered down"! I will see if this has changed from my last voyage in February.

I think that what is being proposed.......starting with the fact that RCCL is asking for a bit more time while they figure everything out.........ie.....no changes till September 1st.

I wonder how many of you canceled for August.......and now can't get the same accommodations that you once had??

Mr. Goldstein has met about 75% of my expectations.........far beyond what I thought that Royal Caribbean was willing to step to the plate to do.

So........continue the writing........but I would encourage a bit of congratulatory attitude..........as I read his letter............Diamonds are once again in a class............and given things that newer cruisers are not.

If it's about the free drinks...........go find another cruise line.........because the other........and I have their names.....charge about double the price of RCCL.....to sail and enjoy a great cruise.

Rick

Rick, agree with your points but your use of.............. is very distracting and a bit hard to read.

Does anyone think that this nightly "dedicated VIP party" might be given on ships that never had a concierge? Like Monarch, Majesty, etc. I've read the email a couple of times and I can't tell if that might be the case. If so, that would be a significant expansion of this benefit.

Bob

It means that for those of us sailing on ships (like the b2b Rhapsody for me this October) that have no Concierge Lounge OR Diamond Lounge, we will get a free wine/champagne Happy Hour dedicated to Diamonds and D+ in one of the ship's bars or lounges. This will be EVERY NIGHT instead of the one time Diamond event they usually have on each cruise.

Its not about the money, its about the money.....I drink vodka, so free beer and wine mean nothing. A buck off a drink, big deal. They are still making money off it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - (In truth, I haven't gotten the 1st letter - nor this one - yet I have 2 cruises booked on RCL this year and 1 for 2010. We are diamonds - movin' towards + and had booked suites for the 3 cruises.). My past reaction - though not a Champion - was based on my loyalty (I, myself, question it now) - I never looked at any other cruises..only did other lines when group I was cruising with insisted on "their chosen lines" and I was the jerk that wore all my 'advertising RCL' clothes while being on Princess.... ) Anyone that questioned heard about why I would rather be on RCL "but Princess is nice"...was a sentence I wish I had a nickle for, everytime I stated...When the announcement came - we made decision to cancel all 3 cruises ( though we were not affected by them) ...but felt the loyalty was not appreciated. I especially laughed at the reasoning given and it insulted me.

So now - not a full disclosure or apology - but an attempt...??? I am going to have to ponder... I will decide in next few weeks whether to follow through with cancelations ( Grand Suite and Owners suite may become available if anyone is interested ) .....I was definitely canceling all cruises with RCL until I read this tonight.......We leave in a few days with X and I had decided to elimate cruises with anything connected with the company and throw all my business to Princess while considering others....after this cruise. I anm the 'loyalty old broad' that everyone wishes to have a few hundred of I guess?

Georget,

Yes we "Whiners" stuck together on this and had to put up with constant attacks even though we were trying to get something done. Most folks don't know this but early on (a couple days after the announcement) I was in fact "Banned from CC" for a week for "disruption". Somebody sure wanted to shut me up.

It would have been much easier to walk away and not put up with the stuff we "Whiners" had to put up with. But there was a princple involved that really had nothing to do with any one perk. And for some of us it was worthwhile.

So thank you to ALL of the WHINERS. If it wasn't for the shear numbers of you that came out in support it would have been difficult to keep this on the front page. And believe me I spent a lot of my precious time keeping it on the front page and fieldinsg insults as did many others. Plus there are still some who are banned as I post this.

Thank you also to those folks who are not Diamond yet or who are Diamond Plus but joined in the Conversation and voiced their opinons without ridiculing and attacking and calling us "Whiners".

So I am still going to keep up my conversation with RCI in the various ways I have until this whole situation is truly resolved in a manner which is best for the company and for its long term, frequent and loyal customers.

Colleen

Colleen, congrats!!!! You and many others stuck with your convictions and have been successful.:)

So glad RCCL realized what an important group their diamond members are.

Rick, agree with your points but your use of.............. is very distracting and a bit hard to read.

Rick, I think your use of ............... makes your post easy to read.........LOL

See, there will always be different views on a subject - that's what makes the world go around.

Glad to see that RCCL is paying attention..........that makes me happy to see that they are listening to what their customers and saying.

Yeah, but let's all be honest. The reason for the delay until September is so that RCCL does not lose any business oveer this issue during the profitable summer cruise season, which, along with Thanksgiving and the December through New Year's holiday season are prime profit-making times for all cruise lines.

I'll be curious to see if there are any more changes (losing privlieges or canceling the daily D drinks on all class ships) after the summer season finishes up and the $$$$ have been spent.:cool:

I don't care WHY they did it; I'm just glad they did it!!

Rick, I think your use of ............... makes your post easy to read.........LOL

See, there will always be different views on a subject - that's what makes the world go around.

Glad to see that RCCL is paying attention..........that makes me happy to see that they are listening to what their customers and saying.

Ha ha, you used..........correctly!;)

Kathryn.........those are called my pregnant pauses!! Sorry that you don't like them. I'm not a writer.......just a poster, and it's now become my trademark, so to speak.

I'm sorry that you find reading in thoughts........hard to read!:D

Rick

LTMETELLYUWHATAZHRDTOREAD......BUTIFUCNPTUPWITDADOTZILKEPPSTING.

OK.......take your pick of my dots, or just verbal garbage???:eek::rolleyes::D

My..........it must be late.........and time for my bed!! I normally don't spew that type of garbage......and just will continue to work on a thicker skin! :)

Was there ever any doubt about that? :eek:

It certainly wasn't about the overcrowding, as there are plenty of lounges on each ship that could easily handle the past passengers every night.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Overcrowding????!!! Easily solved. Move to another dedicated location. Lord knows these ships have the room.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$

Will they still be offering appetizers or is that cut too? I kinda liked a little finger food with my wine before dinner.

Denise -- Next Sail 5/12/2009

Colleen, congrats!!!! You and many others stuck with your convictions and have been successful.:)

So glad RCCL realized what an important group their diamond members are.

Hi Kathryn,

Yes and thanks to you as well. I just wanted to get it out about me being "banned" and all the attacks I (we) put up with. It was pretty stressful (on me at least). Plus I was working hard to keep the thread front and center on the front page. Not necessarily an easy task. That is part of why I reacted to you when I misunderstood your post. Glad we could work it out.

In all the six years I have been on CC I think the overwhelming majority of posters are helpful and informative and respectful of the feelings of others. Plus a lot of posters are really witty and downright funny which is always enjoyable!

So hope to see you on the boards Kathryn!

Colleen

Rick, I totally agree with beachbuddy.

Your posts stand out and I know it is written by you before I see the name!

Most importantly however, you always make alot of sense.

Keep up with your great posts.

Kathryn.........those are called my pregnant pauses!! Sorry that you don't like them. I'm not a writer.......just a poster, and it's now become my trademark, so to speak.

Rick

OK.......take your pick of my dots, or just verbal garbage???

My..........it must be late.........and time for my bed!! I normally don't spew that type of garbage......and just will continue to work on a thicker skin! :)

Oh no:eek:, no need for thicker skin, I did like your points and I'll just ignore the...in the future. So sorry if I hurt your feelings.:o

You and me both. Maybe the new head of C&A will be able to figure out who should be on their mailing list.:rolleyes:

You are not alone. I still have not received the first letter nor this one sent today?

I should definitely be on the mailing list too?

Plus I have 2 cruises booked for Nov/Dec 2009, so this is of interest to me.

EDIT:

I will take that. :D

Rick

OK.......take your pick of my dots, or just verbal garbage???:eek::rolleyes::D

Rick,

I have always liked your ..........it makes you unique on CC and even before I see Henry and your CC name I know it is you from your..............!

Now make nice with Kathryn (Oville) and lets all be friends again.

Colleen

Suzanne, I believe you and Kewl Guy about the overcrowding on that particular Explorer sailing - I had other friends on that cruise and they told me the same thing and how bad it was even in the overflow lounge. They also told me that cards weren't being checked, etc. It only takes a few people to tell other people that no one is checking and then everyone just trys to get in - that's human nature!! We have used the overflow lounge on the Explorer on 2 different sailings. The first 12 nighter the overflow was in the Chamber (which I don't like) and there was hardly anyone there. The 12 nighter we took last month (March 15th), the overflow was in Cloud Nine and it was only crowded the first night during sailaway. It was pretty much empty the rest of the cruise. We had 2nd seating so I can't say how it was before 1st seating but when we would go at 7 or 7:30 it was empty - there were nights that I could count about 12 to 15 people in there.

I really think it's because they were more organized than on that November sailing that you were on. Jeffrey and Marek were checking seapass cards - of course they didn't check ours after the first time but if someone walked in and went to get a drink they asked to see their card. Pehaps that's why it wasn't crowded.

I think every cruise will be different and I honestly think that when things get out of control the way I understand they were on that November sailing, perhaps it was RCCL that allowed it to happen by not taking control of things.

Patty

Oh they definitely needed to take control on the 11/30 cruise! lol:D It was a BAD situation on that one and I'm telling you if we had a couple more days at sea a riot may have broken out as people were just nuts on that one. But the lounges have been crowded on my other cruises too only at night never during the day and never like the 11/30. Ricky used to keep a tight control over the CL but we always had an overflow lounge except on the 5 night Bermuda cruises. They always had the least amout of D's onboard for some reason as the CL would be pretty quiet.

Another thing that I think has added to the crowding in the CL in 2008 at least on the Ex. is there are more people going to the WJ then ever before on my last few cruises. This gives them more time in the CL and with the new MTD I can see that increasing too as people do not feel rushed to be at a dinner time anymore. The CL used to have a nice flow to it and people went off to first seating about the time late seating people were coming into CL but no more. No matter what CL people are in, the concierge/staff definitely has to check passes everynight. It would be impossible for anyone to remember faces with the amount of Diamond/pluses onboard now so checking cards everynight would make a big difference too I think:)

I received the same letter about the compromise to the C&A benefits today. I am a platinum member and found that the letter had nothing that really benefited me as a member. It only seemed to apply to Diamond and Diamond+. So i am wondering if I missed something that applied to me and if there was nothing why did they send it to anyone below Diamond. Sorry if this is dumb but sending a letter to someone it didn't apply to isn't much better.

Robert :)

Archived