Dutch royals targeted in deadly crash

SakeDad

This is a horrific story out of the Netherlands that I thought people would want to see as Queen Beatrix is the Godmother of HAL. I personally held the flowers she was holding during the Eurodam's Inagural as I was there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30495873&GT1=43001

We should send our thoughts and prayers to all those effected.

Thanks for posting this Nathan! The suspect, while still trapped in his car, admitted that he was targeting the Royal Family, passing by at just that moment in an open air bus on "Queens Day". He got very close to his target and, so far has killed five innocent bystanders and injured several

IMG_8061-2.jpg?t=1241129678

The Queen after Eurodam's dedication and tour of the ship in Rotterdam last year on 02 JUL 08

How terrible! I know the Queen and her family are not only shaken but grief-struck over this. How can a human being do this??????

How can a human being do this? Think Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma City) - how could he justify involving total innocents? Oh yeah that's right, he referred to them as "collateral damage". There must be a special place reserved in hell for lost souls such as his and there they should stay thoughout eternity.

My heart goes out to the families of those who were killed for no reason other than that they were there in the wrong place at the wrong time and I'm sure that God has a special place for their innocent loved ones in Heaven.

Valerie

The Royal family in Holland is so revered. I briefly saw Queen Beatrix when I accompanied my father to the 60th anniversary of the Liberation of Holland celebrations a few years ago. It was amazing to see the reverence she has.

The Royal family in Holland is so revered. I briefly saw Queen Beatrix when I accompanied my father to the 60th anniversary of the Liberation of Holland celebrations a few years ago. It was amazing to see the reverence she has.
I read an article today that referred to the Netherlands as "deeply divided", but it didn't make clear over what. Is there also a strong anti-royal segment?

The dutch people are very shocked by this. All was seen live on TV.

At the moment the deadtoll is 7, which are 6 people watching the celebration and the ""attacker"himself.

I am not defending what this guy did...just wondering what drives a guy to this level of madness. It is easy to judge when all we get is a short article in the newspaper or on the news. There had to be signs that this guy was going to break. Sad for all involved.

On our Eurodam cruise, I took a picture of the picture of Queen Beatrix christening the ship in July 2008. When looking at the photos, my wife wondered why I took a picture of a smartly dressed older women. I had to tell her it was Queen B. She was much more appreciative of the photo after watching the news last night.

One of my BIGGEST regrets...I held those flowers for at least 20 minutes before handing them off to the Steiner kids to give to her....I had a camera and NEVER thought to have a friend take a picture of me with Queen Beatrix's flowers!:eek: I won't make THAT mistake again!

Archived