All things "Victory"

richbum

• 3 weeks later...

I am a first time cruiser and have already booked for May 27, 2012. We have booked room 1002 (the very front of the ship). When I tried to find pics of the room, the rooms at the front of the ship were the only ones that didn't have pics. If anyone has any pics of that type of room, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam

I am a first time cruiser and have already booked for May 27, 2012. We have booked room 1002 (the very front of the ship). When I tried to find pics of the room, the rooms at the front of the ship were the only ones that didn't have pics. If anyone has any pics of that type of room, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam

Do you mean stateroom 1202? (There are no cabins that begin with 10 on the Riviera Deck).

We had stateroom number 1250 on the Riviera Deck. Our stateroom was near the front of the ship. Our stateroom is 12 cabin's down from 1202.

Here are some photos of our cabin.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Do you mean stateroom 1202? (There are no cabins that begin with 10 on the Riviera Deck).

We had stateroom number 1250 on the Riviera Deck. Our stateroom was near the front of the ship. Our stateroom is 12 cabin's down from 1202.

Here are some photos of our cabin.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Odds are Adam is asking about cabin 1002 on deck 10.

A coworker of my wife just got off the Victory and had that cabin Also their first cruise. She was sea sick most of the cruise. All she said when going out to the viewing area it was very windy when at sea.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Odds are Adam is asking about cabin 1002 on deck 10.

A coworker of my wife just got off the Victory and had that cabin Also their first cruise. She was sea sick most of the cruise. All she said when going out to the viewing area it was very windy when at sea.

Paul

I was midship (nearer to forward) my last Victory cruise and felt some motion but for some odd reason it just rocks me to sleep. Now I'm taking my grown children on Victory this May and have booked three of the forward picture window cabins on Upper deck. Do you think there's a HUGE difference in the motion or just a little difference? I don't think a slight increase would bother them. I don't get sick but I'd hate for them to be.

This will be our 4th cruise out of San Juan this time we will be on the Victory in February. Each time we have been able to buy alcohol after check-in but before you go through security as long as you put it in your check in bags. I have heard this might not be possible anymore. Any one that has been on the Victory in the last several months will you please confirm what we are able to bring on. This was one of many reason we love sailing out of San Juan. :p

I have enjoyed by New Years day dreaming of our upcoming trip, thanks to all you wonderful people!!

Pam

I need to block out some time to plow thru this thread because...

we just booked a cabin:Dour 1st southern itinerary, so psyched!!!

Wanted to try a 4J but they were all spoken for, went with a 6B OV midship for $70 more that PVP said he enjoyed in the past. Any thoughts on the location? It appears to be located under grey area between lobby & DR.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked this ship too, we are coming from the Liberty 2.0 with upgrades. I hope we like the Victory!!

The Victory is dated. It does not have steakhouse, fish and chips, 2.0. She has been serving the southern caribbean itinerary for some time. I wish Carnival would reposition and bring a newer ship to PR or take her into drydock for 2.0.

Is this a good cruise for a family with 20-26 year children?...opinions please

When I went this past November there were a LOT of twenty somethings onboard. It's such a busy itinerary that young people love it because they're never bored! I'm sailing her again this coming May and taking my three twenty something daughters and their friends. They are completely psyched about all the ports!

The Victory is dated. It does not have steakhouse, fish and chips, 2.0.

She has been serving the southern Caribbean itinerary for some time.

I wish Carnival would reposition and bring a newer ship to PR or take her into drydock for 2.0.

Victory' been doing this Southern Caribbean loop since Nov. 2nd. 2008 (I was on the very first cruise out of P.Rico!)

so it may be time indeed for a change of ship while she goes on dry dock for an up-grade.

Edited by aplmac

There's supposed to be a new piano bar guy starting this past week. Has anybody heard a name?

Just got off the Victory yesterday. I probably can find his name in the Fun Times once I get unpacked. I checked several evenings during the week and the place was ALWAYS empty so we didn't stick around.

I was also under the impression that the piano bar was now non-smoking, but I know there were a couple of people in there smoking when I stopped by (they were the only two in there however.)

Loved - absolutely loved our Victory cruise two weeks ago. We like the many ports. Nice to have one sea day.

Not sure about the liquor, but know the wines can be taken on if you get off and on more than once. When we got back on, our carry on bags were tagged and there was no way we were getting in without handing it over. We had no liquor as we had done Bon Voyage, but he inspected our wines and let us go. If we had liquor, I believe it would have been taken. So much is true when people say it is who you get. Fellow passenger said his rum runners were confiscated.

Again, great trip and we absolutely LOVED our excursion with Calabaza in Barbados. Best ever and hope you will google them.