What was your best desert on HAL????

YeaYeaYea

I liked the bread pudding in the LIDO and have to say it was some of the best I have ever had. The Gran mariner< how ever you spell it> was my choice for #1 in the Vista. I also liked the pound cake with the vanilla sauce.;)

I would highly recommend that you take the time to sample all of them and make up your own mind.

Bread pubing has a very high egg content is a must....

Ruth & Jim

Note

We sample all of them and still lose weight on the cruises.

Breadpudding, lots of it!~...............................OK, just kidding;)

Haven't seen them for a while, but probably the Tom Pouce, a Dutch pastry

743px-Tom_Pouce_Dutch_pastry.JPG

I'll need a glass of milk with that John...............even the plate looks good!!!

I'll need a glass of milk with that John...............even the plate looks good!!!

Got that right! The only place you can get them is at a Dutch bakery/store if you happen to have one in your neighborhood. Plus poster Ine's got a connect but she's in Holland

My favorite dessert is.....sniff.....gone from the Holland America menu. At least I haven't seen it for quite a while, and the waiters don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

So, if anyone from Holland America is reading this thread.....Bring back the chocolate tulip!

In the main dining room the best was the chocolate/coffee bombe.

I also had a Grand Marnier souffle served at a suite dinner many years ago. It was wonderful.

The worst was the Volcano Cake. I know a lot of people love it but the one I tasted was like a hockey puck. :eek:

I used to like the bread pudding -- but haven't had it in a long time. Seems like whenever I got it the bread part was cold and the sauce was watered down.

The best bread pudding I have had has been on the Amsterdam -- they had the chocolate melted in the bread and there was a chocolate sauce -- nice and thick.

The baked Alaska dessert in the Pinnacle Grill (Westerdam) was the best I've ever had. They flamed it at the table and it was delicious. If you have a chance to go to the Pinnacle Grill during your cruise you won't regret it. If I ever go back on the Westerdam I will make sure to book several nights; it was far better than the main dining room (which was fine but nothing out of the ordinary).

I like the creme brulee in the Pinnacle BUT now I am wondering if I should try that souffle! Dang! I might have to spring for two nights. I really am not a dessert person. I do get the bread pudding at lunch once in the cruise. A few times though, on the Vistas, people have made a mess of it and I prefer having the server give out the portions.:D

My favorite HAL dessert - hands down, the Chocolate Espresso Bombe.

Not to be missed. :D

It's the first thing I look for when we get the menu each morning. If they are having it for dessert that evening, we are going to the dining room!

Archived