What was your best desert on HAL????

YeaYeaYea

My favorite HAL dessert - hands down, the Chocolate Espresso Bombe.

Not to be missed. :D

It's the first thing I look for when we get the menu each morning. If they are having it for dessert that evening, we are going to the dining room!

I agree...that's a good one. I also really like the Snickers Pie. They used to also make a flourless chocolate cake that was to die for. They still make one but it's mediocre at best.

I liked the bread pudding in the LIDO and have to say it was some of the best I have ever had. The Gran mariner< how ever you spell it> was my choice for #1 in the Vista. I also liked the pound cake with the vanilla sauce.;)

So the one who over ate the bread pudding was YOU? I see how you roll! (sorry, couldn't resist lol)

Hands down the best is the bread pudding. Delicious!

I don't remember getting the menu each morning. Is it in the announcements?

The evening menus are posted outside the MDR and the Lido during the day so one can check the listing for the evening, and also for lunches.

I like the creme brulee in the Pinnacle BUT now I am wondering if I should try that souffle! Dang! I might have to spring for two nights. I really am not a dessert person. I do get the bread pudding at lunch once in the cruise. A few times though, on the Vistas, people have made a mess of it and I prefer having the server give out the portions.:D

Agree about people making a mess out of the bread pudding -- one more reason I don;t get it anymore.

Some ships do not have it out front where people can hep themselves.

It's the first thing I look for when we get the menu each morning. If they are having it for dessert that evening, we are going to the dining room!

If that is the same as the Cappuccino Bombe, sad to say that we were told by our server on the Eurodam last month that HAL no longer offers it. He also said that people have been asking about it on every cruise. It is our favorite and I believe the last time we had it was two years ago. If anyone has seen it on a HAL menu recently, please let us know. Otherwise I think we should mount a campaign for its return.

DW and I are not big dessert-eaters, but feel that desserts (and salads) do not meet the same high standards as HAL appetizers and entrees. We tend to favor the fruits and sorbets. The Trio of Sorbets offered on the Tamarind's dinner menu is my current favorite.

I've got to go with any version of fruit on fire.:p

That is to say, crepes Suzette, pears Helene, bananas Foster, cherries Jubilee....

It's got to be topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the plate of course.

It was great when these deserts were prepared near the tables so pax could watch, but I suppose having open flames on a ship isn't the safest idea to come down the pike. They're lovely when prepared in the galley ,too.

Thankfully, neither one of us cares for the bread pudding, so we are leaving more for the rest of you!!!

My absolute favorite is the coffee ice cream/dark chocolate hard shell/bed of raspberry sauce--guess it is the cappucino bombe. Every time I have asked for it when I hadn't seen it on the menu, they brought it to me. One time to our whole table.

I will be sorely disappointed if it is nowhere to be found on our Alaska cruise next year!

I have a picture of that and it wil not load up for the life of me.......:eek:

If that is the same as the Cappuccino Bombe, sad to say that we were told by our server on the Eurodam last month that HAL no longer offers it. He also said that people have been asking about it on every cruise. It is our favorite and I believe the last time we had it was two years ago. If anyone has seen it on a HAL menu recently, please let us know. Otherwise I think we should mount a campaign for its return.

DW and I are not big dessert-eaters, but feel that desserts (and salads) do not meet the same high standards as HAL appetizers and entrees. We tend to favor the fruits and sorbets. The Trio of Sorbets offered on the Tamarind's dinner menu is my current favorite.

Yes, that's the one... I was having a brain malfunction and couldn't get "Cappuccino" to look like I spelled it right, lol!

We definitely need to lobby for its return - I think the last time we saw it was about a year and a half ago on Maasdam.

I'd have to vote for the Dutch appelgebak that was served during the sweets extravaganza on the ROTTERDAM's July 18-24 Rotterdam-to-Rottedam cruise. (About 95 percent of the passengers on that cruise were Dutch, by the way.)

What was your best desert on HAL????

I enjoyed the tour through the Moroccan desert. The scenery was a bit boring, but it was a unique experience.

Hmmm, the Gobi sounds good to me ;)

I like your humor!

I'm a real ice cream lover and on our first cruise on the old Noordam they would have a flambee of the day.

They had a big cooking station as you entered the dining room where they made the flambees. I had one every night of the 10 day cruise. I think my favorite was Cherries Jubilee.

Archived