How many appetizers and entrees do you eat?

Food is one thing I look forward to on the cruise. I've never been bashful when it comes to dinner in the MDR. If something looks tempting, I order it. Even if that means ordering 2 or 3 appetizers and 2 or 3 entrees.

I'm not a glutton by any means (but I can eat quite a bit sometimes), but I just think cruising gives me an opportunity to try things that I typically wouldn't try at a normal dinner in a restaurant.

Does anyone else do this?

Usually two appetizers because they're small and often I like to have a chilled soup with another appetizer. I think the first night they had the Vidalia Onion Tart and spinach salad, and I ordered both.

Entrees I've only ordered one.

I usually have 2 appis also. The onion tart is so so good.

Entrees, it depends on what they have, if I cant decide, I might order two. But on Lobster night, I always have 2!

You did not ask about dessert, but I sometimes get 2 of those also.

:p ;)

I like to order an appetizer portion of a pasta entree to go along with a 'main' entree somtimes. I have been known to order 2 entrees also..

Two appetizers and two desserts are not uncommon either!

I'm not a big eater,,why am I always so hungry on a ship??

I have done 2 apps, sometimes 3 in lieu of an entree. My husband has done multiple entrees (especially lobster night). My favorite was this past cruise. My husband ordered 2 shrimp entrees one night, so...there were nights following where he was automatically brought a "side" of shrimp...and they were eaten very quickly

I have done 2 apps, sometimes 3 in lieu of an entree. My husband has done multiple entrees (especially lobster night). My favorite was this past cruise. My husband ordered 2 shrimp entrees one night, so...there were nights following where he was automatically brought a "side" of shrimp...and they were eaten very quickly

Funny you mention that - many of the waiters that I have had would start to automatically bring me out 2nd and 3rd entrees that they thoughht I should try. It was a nice gesture and they usually had good suggestions.

Fist off I love the bread, especially the Savory Bites... yum yum :p

I usually do 2 appi's and 1 entree unless its the lobster night, then I order the lobster and the filet and do surf and turf and sometimes another lobster as they are small. Sometimes 2 desserts. This is why we stay in the Aft...to walk it off....:D

It depends on the menu for a particular night. There is one menu that I really don't like so I'll order just about every appetizer on that menu and a salad for dinner and then have a dessert. Some nights I'll have 2 apps, sometimes 1. But I try to have fruit or soup and salad at a minimum. Never more than 1 entree or 1 dessert.

I usually just get one salad, appetizer and dessert. But one memorable night, I was torn between 3 desserts and asked our waiter which he recommended. The dear, darling prince of a man brought me all three so I could choose for myself. :)

OK, it's time to lay it all out on the table, pardon the pun...but I diet for a few months before the crusie and try to lose about 7-10 pounds. At cruise time I am about 5'4" 135lbs. Not heavy not skinny, just right for me. Post cruise I have put about 5 back on (spmetimes a couple more ona 10 day). My dinner experiences involves 2 appetizers, only because I won't eat a salad on a cruise (they try to fill you up on the cheap stuff!). I always eat at least one entree usually two, three once and I was rolled out of the dining room. On lobster night I eat at least 3-5 tails and leave the sides on the plate. I know its a waste, but it's lobster night come on! And always 2-3 desserts!!!! I am a chocolate freak! So overall, gripe as you wish but I love cruise food! It's different and I don't have to make it! Dine on!

I usually do 2 apps and 2 entrees- depending on what they are featuring that day. At first, I thought the idea of having so much was appalling! But after a few nights of my server telling me, "Oh, Miss Lisa, if you can't decide, have them both!" I just went along with it! (and usually finished near everything!)

We always order something different from what we all got and pass it around so we all get to try it. Sometimes there's something I just want to taste and this works out well. If you don't mind sharing-we do all use a clean fork or spoon to take our bite. We do this for each course.

I'll have one appetizer, one entree and usually no dessert. However, the last cruise we went on we were with our two teenage sons and my two twenty something nephews. They each had 2 or 3 appetizers and desserts and one or two entrees. And, they ate every bit!

I think its wonderful when people are really enjoying the variety and trying new dishes. I just don't like to see waste.

one appetizer, & salad every night & main course--no dessert but maybe a specialty coffee

on lobster night I would usually want a meat meal with a side order of the lobster (surf & turf)

guess it balances off with those who eat alot more.... mayre they burn off the extra calories in the gym!

A few years ago I traveled with 7 friends. All of us in our early-mid twenties. Lets just say we needed a much bigger table for the amount of food that we ordered. When the waiter asked for our order one friend replied "I will take the appitizers and the entrees" our waiter gladly brought him all of them

Whille we skip the rolls, butter, and starches, we do order extra steamed veggies. When I have a steak in the MDR, I ask for two as they are on the small side. I always stick with sherbert for dessert, especially if it is pineapple!

Archived