What does the $4.95 surcharge get you at Johnny Rockets?

what do you get ? ... if you want a burger go to the windjammer 100% better and free.

I guess it is all a matter of taste and how you like your burgers cooked. I like mine juicey, not cooked like a hockey puck which is what you will find in the Windjammer!

I guess for the the BOGO milkshake would be better, because that is the only thing that I would want from Johnny Rockets anyway.

But, since the Sundae is included, could you technically get as many sundaes as you wanted (if you wanted more than one)?

Yes, you can sit there and eat all the sundaes that you want.

I guess it is all a matter of taste and how you like your burgers cooked. I like mine juicey, not cooked like a hockey puck which is what you will find in the Windjammer!

It is all a matter of taste. Some of us can tolerate far more grease dripping off of there food that others of us.

Do they charge the $4.95 if you just want carry-out. It would be great just to stop by and grab some onion rings.
Since I'm always looking for the most value for every dollar, I can add a little to this thought: Two people can eat carry-out for the $4.95 charge. With carry-out you can have any sandwich you want, a small hot dog or a triple burger. Order the triple burger, ask them to cut it in half, and you have enough for two people -- or, at least, you have enough for two people who had a big breakfast and intend to eat a big lunch.

Don't worry about missing the dancing waiters -- they may or may not be there. They weren't the last time we "ate in". Similarly, they do have dancing waiters at the Myrtle Beach JRs, but they don't have them at the Washington DC location.

Good deals at JR's:

Walk in and ask for a take-out draft beer. I forget the exact price, but it's about a dollar less than the other onboard bars, and the glass is 20 ounces instead of 16 ounces.

They charge for milkshakes "to go", but they do not charge for desserts "to go". Not very consistant, I know.

No cover charge for either of these items.

Are you saying they upgraded the burgers in the Windjammer to hockey puck status? If so thats a huge leap in quality.

They charge for milkshakes "to go", but they do not charge for desserts "to go". Not very consistant, I know.

Are you saying that I could walk up to the take out counter and order an Oreo Sundae and not be charged the cover charge? That would be big trouble for me if this is true.

Please forgive my ignorance and ineptitude for inadvertantly wandering on to your forum - mainly stick to the British ships forums, you know, what! what! stiff upper lip, roast beef, London Buses, Cor Blimey Gov'nor, God save the Queen etc.... but can you explain on the dessert menu it think it says apple pie with Cheddar cheese?

Is it customary for apple pie to be eaten with cheese? or have I missed something? could it be a type of ice cream? Thanks in advance - toodle pip!

Please forgive my ignorance and ineptitude for inadvertantly wandering on to your forum - mainly stick to the British ships forums, you know, what! what! stiff upper lip, roast beef, London Buses, Cor Blimey Gov'nor, God save the Queen etc.... but can you explain on the dessert menu it think it says apple pie with Cheddar cheese?

Is it customary for apple pie to be eaten with cheese? or have I missed something? could it be a type of ice cream? Thanks in advance - toodle pip!

Apple pie with cheese on top was quite common in our house! We lived in the southern U. S. Can't speak for other parts of the country (or world).

Apple pie with cheese on top was quite common in our house! We lived in the southern U. S. Can't speak for other parts of the country (or world).

Especially if the pie is still hot and the cheese melts a bit... YUMMMM :D

Haven't had that since I was a child. :(

It is all a matter of taste. Some of us can tolerate far more grease dripping off of there food that others of us.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM............................Burgers.............. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson.:D

We were on the EOS in April. We are platinum and each had a coupon book with a coupon for JR. We ate one day for lunch outside, had the dancing and singing waiters and waitresses and really enjoyed it. We did pay for DH a root beer and me a coke.

Are you saying that I could walk up to the take out counter and order an Oreo Sundae and not be charged the cover charge? That would be big trouble for me if this is true.
Yep, we did it multiple times on our last cruise; however, I think the apple pie beats the sundaes!

Good deals at JR's:

Walk in and ask for a take-out draft beer. I forget the exact price, but it's about a dollar less than the other onboard bars, and the glass is 20 ounces instead of 16 ounces.

The only ship I was on with a JR's was Sovereign. I know it's no longer part of the RC fleet. I only wanted a milkshake to go but was told that I still had to pay the cover charge ($3.95 then) plus the price of the shake. I ended up turning in a free JR's coupon so I only had to pay for the shake (I think that was around $4 plus 15% service charge back then). That was a couple of years ago so either RC has changed their policy since then or else it varies by ship. I got another free coupon from a CC member who didn't want it so tried JRs again later in the cruise. Aside from the onion rings, I wasn't impressed.

Funnyyou should ask as I believe the tradition of eating cheddar cheese with apple pie began in England and was brought to the "new world" by English settlers.

I would have said it's a very New England tradition, but time4U2go says they enjoy this in the south too.

In any event, it is quite common here in New England.

Oh boy!!!! Ok you eat all the pie and I will have all the sundaes.
Sounds like you and I'll get along just fine!
The only ship I was on with a JR's was Sovereign. I know it's no longer part of the RC fleet. I only wanted a milkshake to go but was told that I still had to pay the cover charge ($3.95 then) plus the price of the shake. I ended up turning in a free JR's coupon so I only had to pay for the shake (I think that was around $4 plus 15% service charge back then). That was a couple of years ago so either RC has changed their policy since then or else it varies by ship. I got another free coupon from a CC member who didn't want it so tried JRs again later in the cruise. Aside from the onion rings, I wasn't impressed.
We all know that consistancy is not Royal Caribbean's middle name!

I agree that JR's isn't all that impressive as a lunch spot, especially when you add in the cost . . . but we do enjoy them for their deserts and their lower-priced draft beer.

On our first visit I saw the apple pie and cheese but opted for ice cream instead. Maybe I will give it a try on the next trip.

Personally, I like the oreo sundae over the pie. The pie just doesn't compare to my MIL's, or mine, for that matter.

Funnyyou should ask as I believe the tradition of eating cheddar cheese with apple pie began in England and was brought to the "new world" by English settlers.

I would have said it's a very New England tradition, but time4U2go says they enjoy this in the south too.

In any event, it is quite common here in New England.

It is? I have to say that I had never heard of it before it was mentioned on this thread!

Archived