What is your favorite moment upon boarding?

mets550

My favorite moment is actually that period of time after being checked in but before boarding. I love the anticipation of knowing that my cruise vacation is but a mere moment away and that everything is all done to get myself ready. When they say that we can start boarding, I get a little giddy.

The sound of the horn as you leave port. There is no going back after that and it means you are truly on your way. Even though the horn usually scared the holy hell out of me, I never tire of it! :D

On my first cruise the captain blew the horn once, about 4 days into the cruise. I thought, "maybe its just a love boat thing"! Then FINALLY when leaving the last port, Capt. Trond layed down on it!!! Whooooo hooooo!! :D

My favorite moment is actually that period of time after being checked in but before boarding. I love the anticipation of knowing that my cruise vacation is but a mere moment away and that everything is all done to get myself ready. When they say that we can start boarding, I get a little giddy.

Espically after forcing yourself to wait until 10:30 to get the taxi to the port as you don't want to arrive too early. Otherwise, you would be there at 9:30 or earlier.

We're doing our first cruise on the 7th October (whooo hooooooooo) and I can't wait to experience all the things mentioned in this thread :D

You will find it to be an adrenalin rush of great emotions. I still remember how it felt and it was almost ten years ago.

That is why cruising is addicting.:D

What he said! I find that wait just after check in, and before boarding just full of anticipation.

:DI enjoy all the welcoming hellos from all the staff as you board. Never seen a grumpy face once when I've boarded.

That was my initial thought. Every crew member you encounter the entire first afternoon greets you with "welcome aboard", even knowing as they do that you're going to ask them to do something for you.

That's opposed to the look of dread we get in our everyday lives when someone in service (other than your friendly neighborhood mailman) knows you're going to ask them to do something for you.

Archived