Ovation review

pearlsz

Looking forward to cruising on Ovation in February.

Has anyone used the Royal iQ?

I've downloaded the app in readiness, thinking it would be handy.

I did my sailing without it, probably will the next too. It's not a necessity, but if it suits your preferences, go for it.

Mine is up along with others of the inaugural Australian cruise. Happy to answer any questions. I also have copies of the Cruise Compass but I can't seem to format them so they'll be small enough to upload yet readable - suggestions welcome.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=556608&et_cid=2861228&et_rid=17491418&et_referrer=Boards

Hi, did you receive a WOW band in addition to a Sea Pass card or does it cost extra?

Cheers

Hi, did you receive a WOW band in addition to a Sea Pass card or does it cost extra?

Cheers

Talk about "nickel and diming"! We received the wrist bands in our cabin without being charged for them. We didn't use them, but others did and loved them, especially the teenagers. Perhaps that is why they now charge, for all the ones that were never wanted. Shampoo, conditioner and lotion were available to all cabins, but you had to ask your cabin steward for them. Most passengers did not realise that. We won't cruise RCI again because of the penny pinching, Windjammer and poor service (except for Radiance), and will stick mainly to Celebrity. However, loved the cabins and Two70.

Incidentally, I thought all the balcony cabins on Deck 6 were classified DO? We certainly didn't mind looking over the top of a life boat. A great balcony class for an much lower charge.

Edited by Port Power
Thumbs up for cabins and Two70.

Photo in the Otago Daily Times today, headed "I'll wash my own undies, thank you", shows a passengers laundry hanging on a balcony, of the Ovation of the Seas, during her stay in Port Chalmers on Thursday.

Love it!

(BTW I wash my own also.)

Edited by MMDown Under

Photo in the Otago Daily Times today, headed "I'll wash my own undies, thank you", shows a passengers laundry hanging on a balcony, of the Ovation of the Seas, during her stay in Port Chalmers on Thursday.

El Capitano would not like that, his ship looking like a Chinese laundry !! lol. On the Princess ships a note about 'do not display your laundry on balconies' sometimes appears in the Princess Patter. Mmmm I wonder if we are allowed to adorn our balcony on QM2 with the 'unmentionables ? The Commodore would not like it.

One advantage of the in hull sheltered balcony perhaps ?

Glad you mentioned it..we do have a 'sheltered' balcony, mid ships on Deck 5 of QM2. We could somewhat hide the 'unmentionables' in there away from the Cunard Laundry Police surveillance lol.

Glad you mentioned it..we do have a 'sheltered' balcony, mid ships on Deck 5 of QM2.

Yes, we booked under the same deal...also deck 5.

My 3rd Cunard, but for my Sister-in-Law it's her first time ever on an ocean cruise (or should I say voyage).

She knows how to start out with the good ones.

PS: My husband reckons I'll be able to identify your cabin by the Billowing Balcony Bombay Bloomers.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

Glad you mentioned it..we do have a 'sheltered' balcony, mid ships on Deck 5 of QM2. We could somewhat hide the 'unmentionables' in there away from the Cunard Laundry Police surveillance lol.

We had one of these hull sheltered balconies and found when on the shady side of the ship, there would be a fair bit of condensation on the balcony.:D

and we are back

a full detailed honest review of Ovation to be put up in a day or so.... must state that I glad to be back in Sydney... another night on this bed and I would have 'killed' something !!! they were like sleeping on wooden planks :D

and we are back

a full detailed honest review of Ovation to be put up in a day or so.... must state that I glad to be back in Sydney... another night on this bed and I would have 'killed' something !!! they were like sleeping on wooden planks :D

Finally someone who agrees about the beds - thought we were going a little nuts there for a time: new ship = wooden beds???? Perhaps they are "futons"?

and we are back

I look forward to the review.:D

Finally someone who agrees about the beds - thought we were going a little nuts there for a time: new ship = wooden beds???? Perhaps they are "futons"?

I liked the bed hard, slept so well. Goes to show we are all different.:D

Yes, we booked under the same deal...also deck 5.

My 3rd Cunard, but for my Sister-in-Law it's her first time ever on an ocean cruise (or should I say voyage).

She knows how to start out with the good ones.

PS: My husband reckons I'll be able to identify your cabin by the Billowing Balcony Bombay Bloomers.

Keep your eyes on your fries, lol. K Mart jocks for moi and as for the boss's, no comment on the grounds it would incriminate me. lol.

Just look out for the Aussie flag hanging over the balcony, just to stir the Cunarders up.

Edited by NSWP

Cunard people call them "Hull Holes":D

The price was right David, buy an inside and free upgrade to Sheltered balcony. Did you call them 'Hull holes or HELL holes? lol. Going to be steamy through the tropics, Syd-HK.

Have to keep the fluids up, more cider and vino.

Keep your eyes on your fries, lol. K Mart jocks for moi and as for the boss's, no comment on the grounds it would incriminate me. lol.

Just look out for the Aussie flag hanging over the balcony, just to stir the Cunarders up.

Maybe you should get some Aussie flag grundies and that way you can kill two birds, so to speak.;)

Maybe you should get some Aussie flag grundies and that way you can kill two birds, so to speak.;)

You are a smart fellow Uncle Mic, all the people in the NATCAP are well educated people I would think. Not me, I left skool at 14 years of age.

Indeed Aussie Reg Grundies and wear them to the Britannia Restaurant on formal nights, I like it. The Pom Cunarders would be impressed. No doubt the Aussies embarking in Steerage Class @ Ye Olde Sydney Cove will be dining in the lower level of the Britannia MDR. The World Cruisers will have the best seats for their 118 days.

This is the biggest thread hijack ever, better return to the subject Ovation of the Seas...did they serve kippers for brekkie?

Edited by NSWP

That probably because Chinese love hard bed. My parents cant tolerate pillow top mattress. Dad used to put a plank of wood on top ao he can sleep. Claim soft bed givea him bad back. Cultural clash I guess.