Twenty Years on

derbylane

450 and I got both on-line and paper copy via u.s. mail, but single supplement +200% so another once in a lifetime opportunity missed. Want my invite?......:rolleyes:

Over to the Carnival,...bring on the wet shirt contests and baked Alaska on last night.....and Karaoke ,yahoo.....all for $399... Inside cabin....

Three out of three of our British friends got this "invitation/promotion". Five out of five of our American contingent of SS pals got it. All of us have a wide variety in the number of days sailed. I truly do not get it. Some loyalists are happy (me) but I'm beginning to think this has ticked off more people than have been pleased. If this exciting cruise had been offered months ago, people would have been thrilled. It looks like what it most certainly is; an awkward attempt to fill up a ship at close to the last minute...at least for Americans, Canadians and the Australians. We're just lucky that we will already be in Europe, otherwise it is extremely doubtful that we would be able to join in.

Feeling less joyful by the minute.

Three out of three of our British friends got this "invitation/promotion". Five out of five of our American contingent of SS pals got it. All of us have a wide variety in the number of days sailed. I truly do not get it. Some loyalists are happy (me) but I'm beginning to think this has ticked off more people than have been pleased. If this exciting cruise had been offered months ago, people would have been thrilled. It looks like what it most certainly is; an awkward attempt to fill up a ship at close to the last minute...at least for Americans, Canadians and the Australians. We're just lucky that we will already be in Europe, otherwise it is extremely doubtful that we would be able to join in.

Feeling less joyful by the minute.

Why? You are not responsible for the joy of others. That is their responsibility.

The Lady R. and I both received the e-mail from Silversea. We have just under 60 days sailed and two cruises ahead booked and paid for. The Andrea Bocelli cruise isn't one of them. How Silversea decides, I don't know.

The Lady R. and I both received the e-mail from Silversea. We have just under 60 days sailed and two cruises ahead booked and paid for. The Andrea Bocelli cruise isn't one of them. How Silversea decides, I don't know.

I would encourage anyone who didn't receive the email to check the silversea website/mysilversea/my contacts and make sure that their emails are listed under "email list." We have three email addresses listed there and all three received the mailing. It may very well be that the Venetian Society uses that information as their mailing list.

We did receive the e-mail on the first day. But I would echo Herman the Cat. Silversea may very well use the "My Silversea" information for the mailings. Go to the Silversea site "My Silversea". On the main screen click "Profile" then "My contacts". This should list your e-mail address if you provided it. Also on the main screen is a button for "Communications".. Click this and it will list all of the e-mail promotions they have sent you. Mine shows the e-mail for this cruise promotion as the most recent.

It's also too late for us to book. We will be on the Whisper September into October, which is enough for the remainder of this year.

Derbylane, my feeling less joyful is due to a flood of emails from a growing number of SS friends who have not been able to book this extraordinary cruise. Either they are already booked on another trip, and/or they can't rearrange their schedules at such short notice. This situation is very disappointing to friends I really care about, and to a lot of friends I barely know and people I have yet to meet. When others are unhappy I feel a little less joyful...simple as that!

Just wondering what the criteria for receiving the invitation were. Obviously 350+ VS days do not cut the mustard here in the UK.

Less than 50 days on SS, they have us as UK based guests and we received the invitation last Friday.

My parents in law have 500+ days with SS and received no invitation.

SS certainly are very good at messing up these things.

Edited by Nigella

Had a big problem with the London office about 18 months ago about emails and getting another couples mail to our address. Eventually sorted and had a commitment that both my wife and myself would get all email offers. Guess what, since that time she has received a big fat nothing.

They have had my email at least 5 or 6 times over the last few months, including for both our upcoming cruises. So no excuses, just completely useless Customer service.

Less than 50 days on SS, they have us as UK based guests and we received the invitation last Friday.

My parents in law have 500+ days with SS and received no invitation.

SS certainly are very good at messing up these things.

But they are French Nigella:D

Following all the comments above I checked my e-mail adresses and preferences on MySilversea as I could not remember having received any e-mails this year. All personal info up-to-date, but SURPRISE!

Clicking on Communications>>>Marketing e-mails I got:

Marketing Emails

For your convenience, all emails from Silversea will be stored on this page for easy retrieval and review.

The Bocelli Cruise was listed among four other emails this year. Are we now supposed to go on MySilversea and check weekly? :eek: (can't find any option to change that...)

With only 32 days on Silversea we both got the email invitation. I'm a big Bocelli fan and might have considered this cruise, despite a less than enticing itinerary, given the chance. For us the logistics of taking a Med or any distant cruise requires a bit of planning so we'd really need several months notice to put all the pieces together. Of course just a couple of months ago we finished 18 days on the Wind so it's not like we haven't had a recent cruise or vacation. The curse of still working is a double edged sword, the income allows us to take these cruises but limits the time we have to cruise. :)

Checked with 'My Silversea' and there are no emails listed at all. It may have something to do with Silversea's IT department unilaterally changing me into a travel agent! Guest Relations (if there ever was such a misnomer) said it was not their issue, and passed me onto Reservations who are going to get it fixed. On asling the question as to why I had not been sent the Bocelli email, the answer was 'we will look into it'.

Priceless.

I got the invitation via email but it was of no interest to me so it went in the trash.

A couple of weeks ago, my brother who has never sailed on SS or even made an enquiry, got a brochure via snail mail.

I didn't get the brochure.

I couldn't understand how SS could get his details and then it dawned on me that I'd put him down as an emergency contact for my last cruise.

Interesting that SS is now 'targeting' emergency contacts!

Cheers

Jennifer

Doesn't one just give a phone number for emergency contacts? How did they get the address?

I just this minute looked at my Silversea profile, I still have the page open, where you could indeed provide your emergency contact's address. I don't think it has always been that way and, in fact, I use my son and all they have is his phone numbers. The field for his address is blank. Maybe the next booking they'll make me complete the record but it's not filled out right now.

I just this minute looked at my Silversea profile, I still have the page open, where you could indeed provide your emergency contact's address. I don't think it has always been that way and, in fact, I use my son and all they have is his phone numbers. The field for his address is blank. Maybe the next booking they'll make me complete the record but it's not filled out right now.

My sister's address is included, although I don't recall providing the information. I doubt they looked it up so I suppose I did. No big deal to me.

I was pleased my passport number, etc. remains on file and I don't have to keep re-entering it. I think they're trying to get profiles current - which I appreciate.

Checked with 'My Silversea' and there are no emails listed at all. It may have something to do with Silversea's IT department unilaterally changing me into a travel agent! Guest Relations (if there ever was such a misnomer) said it was not their issue, and passed me onto Reservations who are going to get it fixed. On asling the question as to why I had not been sent the Bocelli email, the answer was 'we will look into it'.

Priceless.

Got to the bottom of why I did not receive the Bocelli invite and my wife did get it. It appears in My Silversea/ Profile / My Privacy Settings, she has checked to have her notified when specials come along and in my profile, it was selected to not send me specials. So now we both should get all the sales mailings. Not really sure if want to see all the silversea emails, but will see....

My sister's address is included, although I don't recall providing the information. I doubt they looked it up so I suppose I did. No big deal to me.

I was pleased my passport number, etc. remains on file and I don't have to keep re-entering it. I think they're trying to get profiles current - which I appreciate.

I honestly don't remember exactly what information beyond the basics I entered two years ago for my first Silversea cruise. Sometime last or early this year Silversea switched over to My Silversea with a new profile interface and transferred or imported at least some of the information from my older profile. I do recall having to change my passport information as we'd gotten new ones subsequent to our 2012 cruise on the Wind so at least that information transferred. I think it was discussed here at the time of the switch and I think some had better luck than others with the new My Silversea.

• 2 weeks later...