Le club voyage & Club continent suite laundry bags

uktraveller

We were offered a paid loyalty upgrade to a club continent suite on this weekends sailing of the Journey...:D:D...so will get to sample suite life for the very first time.

I notice that a free bag of laundry is listed as a suite perk...will we get this in addition to the loyalty club laundry offer ( we are discoverer members)?

No. Just the suite perk laundry.

I suspect (hope) it was a mistake but on our recent Journey cruise we were only given one coupon for 11 nights although there were two LCV guests in the room. I'm hoping unless others tell me different that a 17 night cruise shoukd be 2 coupons each.....

I suspect (hope) it was a mistake but on our recent Journey cruise we were only given one coupon for 11 nights although there were two LCV guests in the room. I'm hoping unless others tell me different that a 17 night cruise shoukd be 2 coupons each.....

It's not going to work out so great for us next April/May because a 20 night cruise will still only get two free bags and the 17 night cruise after it will get two. Total 37 nights and only four free bags. Worthwhile asking and see if we can make a case for an extra one. I had the same issue in May/June. Did an 11 night and a 10 night and got one free bag for each.

There are some inconsistencies with Azamara's LCV program when comparing it to Celebrity Captain's Club and some of them aren't good!

Those at the higher levels of Celebrity's Captain's Club program will be surprised at how few internet minutes they get on the comparable LCV program. The number of minutes was reduced during the last LCV program change. Seems to make no sense for a premium line.:(

Those at the higher levels of Celebrity's Captain's Club program will be surprised at how few internet minutes they get on the comparable LCV program. The number of minutes was reduced during the last LCV program change. Seems to make no sense for a premium line.:(

Yep, that's one of them. I've made representations to Azamara on this subject before, but no luck so far. I plan another. There's too little differentiation between Discover (90 minutes), Discoverer Plus (120 minutes) and Discoverer Platinum (150 minutes). It's a huge jump in points to Discoverer Platinum for an extra 30 minutes. To the OP, you'll do comparitively well on the internet minutes because in a suite you'll get 235 minutes per person in the stateroom as a standard.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

A slightly off topic question but is it ok to mix colours in a laundry bag? I'm fussy about whites being washed separately.

some things i wash by hand. i mix colors in bag as you get one free bag per 7 nights. i have learned due to the very hot water that is used some clothes change colors. I had crew tell me the same thing.

some things i wash by hand. i mix colors in bag as you get one free bag per 7 nights. i have learned due to the very hot water that is used some clothes change colors. I had crew tell me the same thing.

I have to say that I have not an issue here and have sent a lot of clothes out for laundry. There's always a first time of course!

We think you should get your loyalty minutes (which you have earned through loyalty) in addition to those earned for booking a suite (which you have paid for). It doesn't seem right that you lose the loyalty minutes because you have booked a suite.

I have to say that I have not an issue here and have sent a lot of clothes out for laundry. There's always a first time of course!

German told me the laundry ruin some of his lovely dress shirts. I had an orange top turn?? still not sure.. finally trash it. .must have to do with dyes in the clothing plus hot water

We think you should get your loyalty minutes (which you have earned through loyalty) in addition to those earned for booking a suite (which you have paid for). It doesn't seem right that you lose the loyalty minutes because you have booked a suite.

two years ago we fought to get what internet minutes we now have and keep our free laundry. They were offering another new perk and wanted the above gone.. new perk is good but really for people who book many cruises on AZ. .in the past but all of us spoke on here and sent emails so i would take whatever and buy if needed more minutes. No way would a suite guest get both. .just the way it is.

i felt at the time and still do all hotels have free internet but not laundry.. I am happy to take what I can get.

I would never put anything I don't want to spoil in a ship's laundry. Our worst experience was with Azamara who spoiled a couple of items as the colour was bleached out of them because the wash was so hot and they actually lost one item which resulted in an extremely embarassing episode where I was made to feel like a criminal as they searched my room for said item before admitting liability.

I have sailed on Azamara twice and mostly had a wonderful experience but the laundry experience was a nightmare not to be repeated

I would never put anything I don't want to spoil in a ship's laundry. Our worst experience was with Azamara who spoiled a couple of items as the colour was bleached out of them because the wash was so hot and they actually lost one item which resulted in an extremely embarassing episode where I was made to feel like a criminal as they searched my room for said item before admitting liability.

I have sailed on Azamara twice and mostly had a wonderful experience but the laundry experience was a nightmare not to be repeated

I now say no bleach. but also write in the words no hot water. a cabin attendant also warned me about the laundry.

never been sure if it was the hot water or the bleach.. only send my oldest tops and things. else hand washed. .no problem with dry cleaning

This will be our first Azamara cruise in a suite. We sailed Princess in a PH suite & to our surprise; they provided unlimited laundry services. A wonderful perk! Everything was washed, ironed & returned the next day. Regent doesn't even do that! Kudos to Princess!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unlike Celebrity, if you buy the unlimited internet package there is no allowance or discount for LCV members so effectively you lose all the value of the perk.

Yes, that is a bugbear of mine too. With unlimited internet packages now being used more widely this is a deficiency. I've ended up giving my free minutes away when I've bought an unlimited internet package. At least they don't go to waste that way.

Yes, that is a bugbear of mine too. With unlimited internet packages now being used more widely this is a deficiency. I've ended up giving my free minutes away when I've bought an unlimited internet package. At least they don't go to waste that way.

I am surprised they are not linked to your LCV account and that you are able to do that!