MTD Questions I Can't Recall Being Discussed Before

Six of us are cruising at Thanksgiving on the Liberty OTS. We decided a few days ago to switch from Early Dining to MTD. Our travel agent switched us over and the new invoice says we are wait-listed for MTD. I'm not sure what this means exactly as I thought anyone could have MTD.

Does this mean we might not get MTD? If we don't get MTD does that mean we will be put back to Early Dining, or has our Early Dining spot been given to someone else already? Is it possibly with all of this that we might be thrown into Late Dining in the end? Does being a Diamond member really help when wait-listed? Should I call someone at Royal's C&A and make demands (which for me means ask nicely)? Or, should we wait for boarding day and get it resolved then? I hate having dining issues that first day, been there, hated that...not the best way to start a cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is very possible for MTD to be full and be waitlisted. They do have limited space allocated for MTD diners.

Call your Travel Agent back and have them confirm directly with RC what dining you are currently assigned to. Even though you are waitlisted on MTD, you will still have an assignment for early or late. My guess is that you are still on early since that is what you had originally but then wanted to switch to MTD.

Unless your gratuities are pre-paid you will not be able to switch to MTD on board. Get it resolved before you go.

Royal no longer requires pre-paid gratuities for My Time Dining.

Unless your gratuities are pre-paid you will not be able to switch to MTD on board. Get it resolved before you go.

Prepaid gratuities is no longer a requirement for MTD.

If you are wait listed there is a chance that you won't get it. If you are dead set against late seating then I would try to get my early seating back (but it may be gone already) and then try to get into MTD once you're on the ship.

Good luck!

Last cruise we were confirmed for early main dining asking for a table for 2. When we boarded we were given late main dining at a table for 8. When to MDR to ask for change noting that we had confirmation on all of our pre-sail documents. We were put on a wait list, and given early main dining but still at a table for 8. By day 2 we had our table for 2 in early main dining. Ask nicely when you board at the MDR. Might not happen on day one, but there is a chance you will be assigned your request.

I think diamonds do get preferred treatment for dining times, so that may help you clear the wait list. Booking direct, the CSR's have often told us they'd call the dining dept to get us from wait list to confirmed. It might be worth a call to your TA or C&A to see if they can do anything to get your dining confirmed.

Royal discontinued that requirement many months ago.

we have always been waitlisted for MTD. so far we have always gotten it once we board. ( now watch for our December cruise on Liberty we will be stuck with early which of the three is my least desired but what we are currently assigned as that was all that was open when we booked)

each of the three options( early, late, MTD) have capacity limits.

I have but not very often:p (And only because Bob was otherwise engaged)

Just HOW does he do it? :confused:

Is he like someone wataching the stock market with numerous screens so he can jump in right away? He can read, type and respond faster than I can read.:o:D

I have but not very often:p (And only because Bob was otherwise engaged)

Just HOW does he do it? :confused:

Is he like someone wataching the stock market with numerous screens so he can jump in right away? He can read, type and respond faster than I can read.:o:D

Thanks for the support. I was feeling a little inadequate. Lol. But the reminder that Bob is the cruise critic ninja is comforting.

We had our first experience the other week at booking a cruise that was about 2 months out, and I was disappointed to have to go for 8.30 slot. We will go and ask to change, but otherwise we will take our selves off the 8.30 table. We just don't like to commit to that time, and we are happy to have a couple of speciality nights and buffet nights, and sometimes we go for afternoon tea knowing we will give the dinner meal a miss. I would imagine we will not go hungry! ;)

Thank you for all the advice and suggestions.

My TA says that we have our Early Dining secured and we are on the wait list for MTD...so, at least we have that to fall back on. 8:30 pm is just too late for kids to eat!

Hopefully we will get put into MTD before we leave, but if not I will head to the dining room and ask pretty please...maybe flash my Diamond status. :)

Worse case scenario, we do specialty restaurants and Windjammer. We will be on a cruise, how bad can it be??? :D

Thank you for all the advice and suggestions.

My TA says that we have our Early Dining secured and we are on the wait list for MTD...so, at least we have that to fall back on. 8:30 pm is just too late for kids to eat!

Hopefully we will get put into MTD before we leave, but if not I will head to the dining room and ask pretty please...maybe flash my Diamond status. :)

Worse case scenario, we do specialty restaurants and Windjammer. We will be on a cruise, how bad can it be??? :D

Good plan and absolutely great attitude. Good luck and have a fabulous cruise!

Yes, if you are wait listed you remain with your initial assignment until such time as a switch can be made.

We had this issue a couple of weeks ago on Allure. We called our travel agent and they called RCI. We were told MTD was full but to call travel agent (so they can call RCI) one week before we cruised. We called and they changed it to MTD. When we boarded our sea pass cards said early seating so we went to dining room and they confirmed we had MTD.

We had this issue a couple of weeks ago on Allure. We called our travel agent and they called RCI. We were told MTD was full but to call travel agent (so they can call RCI) one week before we cruised. We called and they changed it to MTD. When we boarded our sea pass cards said early seating so we went to dining room and they confirmed we had MTD.

Thanks, I will have my TA recheck availability a week or so before cruise.

We recently had a situation like this. A group of nine and we wanted early dining, so we got wait listed. All the reservations are linked together for dining. When I checked a few weeks later, the 4 diamond level were given early but no one else. Needless to say that won't work for this family group. So I called and got everybody on MTD. So be very sure your whole group gets the SAME dining, no matter when it is.