Aqua class on Constellation

ceba

I'm hoping for some opinions on the best location for the Aqua class staterooms on the Constellation. Being new to Celebrity I'm not familiar with her ships. Are all the M class ships layouts the same? We are booking early in hopes to get a great location!

I had 9125 on the Millennium (sister ship) and it was great because it was under a quiet corner of the buffet, not the pool, and close to the stairs and elevators. The best part was that the support beams that go up to deck 10 had a gap around 9125 so it had a wider unobstructed view. I wish I had taken a picture for a comparison.

I have not seen a review of the new Aqua class cabins added to the Constellation since the drydock.

I know the AC cabins are on deck 9 and 11. I have one on deck 9 for cruise in Jan.I know the balcony is below the overhang, so do not know if it gets any sun?

Waiting for a Constellation update from someone who sailed in AC on the Constellation since April.:confused:

Read about any discussion about the AQ cabins on the Summit. They should be the same.

Stay away from the cabins near the suites in the middle of the ship. Those adjacent have a very small balcony.

Edited by miched

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I'm going to take the 11th deck. It seems there might be less of an issue up there with anything that might bug me than on the 9th! I dearly wish I was one of those people who were content to be anywhere. I think its a control thing...

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I'm going to take the 11th deck. It seems there might be less of an issue up there with anything that might bug me than on the 9th! I dearly wish I was one of those people who were content to be anywhere. I think its a control thing...

I have 1101 on the Infinity booked for Europe and 1138 on the Connie in February. I think I'll like the high deck. If you do go with deck 9, look to see what is directly above you. Anything noisy could be a problem.

Still waiting for a post or review by some who has been on the Constellaion in AC since she came out of drydock in early April.

Thanks for all the feedback form others who have sailed on other M class ships.

We're booked into an AQ balcony under the Aquaspa Cafe. Hoping that it's quiet!

It should be pretty quiet. However, if you are a late sleeper, you might hear the rolling of carts as they set up for breakfast early AM. or some of the kitchen noise. We were on the exact opposite side of the ship and had no problem with noise. We thought we might hear them setting up the lounge chairs, but didn't.

I would not suggest the cabins below the whirlpools as the motors do make noise and have heard some complaints.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I have not seen a review of the new Aqua class cabins added to the Constellation since the drydock.

I know the AC cabins are on deck 9 and 11. I have one on deck 9 for cruise in Jan.I know the balcony is below the overhang, so do not know if it gets any sun?

Waiting for a Constellation update from someone who sailed in AC on the Constellation since April.:confused:

I have the AC cabin number 9079 on deck 9 with balcony on the constellation or the Baltic Cruise on 2June. Our cabin is just beneath the bar on deck 10.

I am worried as I can find no reviews. Did you go on the cruise in January?

What was the number of your cabin?

Did you have much noise at night?

Do you know what type of bar there is on the cabin number I mentioned please?

Were you sea sick on deck 9?

Can you kindly answer some of my questions please?

Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Deck 11 is quiet and the overhang is much smaller than on deck 9...in fact, some find it too small to block the sun.

On deck 9, we book 9108 or further back which is under the dining area rather than under the pool. The dining area is carpeted, the pool area isn't so if someone drags a chair at the pool, you get noise. I would not advise being under the pool bar or under the uncarpeted aqua spa.

We have been in 9106, 9108 and 9110 (on the millenium and infinity but they are identical to the constellation). 9106 has some noise from above because there is a waiters prep area...9108/10 and further back are quiet other than some fan noise which isn't intrusive and may just be the A/C blowers.

For some reason on most decks, there are always those that seem to thinnk that shouting down the hall at 2AM is OK. Given that deck 11 is much smaller and never acts as just a hallway for folks trying to get somewhere, it's inherently less noisy. With the "free" upgrade from A2 to A1 for captain's club select members and above, I'd pick deck 11/A1 over deck 9 (which is what we just booked on the infinity).

Hope this helps.

Read about any discussion about the AQ cabins on the Summit. They should be the same.

Stay away from the cabins near the suites in the middle of the ship. Those adjacent have a very small balcony.

Good advice...we got stuck with one of those once...only 1 person could fit on it.....also the suite people can look right at you. Now those cabins are marked in the brochure deck plans with a warning.

we booked an AQ cabin a few away from the suites on Connie and hope it will be fine.we moved from one that was forward with a larger balc...but decided we prefer closer to midships...

Looking at Cabin 1133 aqua1 Aft for Scandanavia in the Spring, anyone had this cabin ?

We loved deck 11. The aft facing cabins are wonderful and there is a private staircase to the sunset bar.

My parents had cabin 1133 on their recent cruise. We were all together for the March 31 sailing on Constellation. Afterward, DH, DS, and I went home while Mom and Dad sailed B2B and stayed on Connie for another round. For the second sailing, they moved to cabin 1133.

I quoted the second comment because the fact of the staircase to the Sunset Bar was a positive for Zenith Cruiser and they loved deck 11 as they said, but my parents didn't. Mom was grateful that she had booked it for a short 5 night cruise to experience it, and wouldn't be interested in booking it ever again.

In trying to just give facts, and recognizing that facts swing both ways, that is, what is positive for some is a negative for others...

There are two stair cases to the Sunset Bar from the aft of Deck 11, one on either side of the ship. The doors to these staircases are exterior doors, and very heavy, and whenever anyone would use the door, it would generally slam shut...and when it slammed shut, cabin 1133 would shudder with the impact.

This wouldn't be bad in general...but if, by chance, there are children that live on Deck 11...and if, by chance, they decide that it's a fun game to race each other using the inside stairs and the outside Sunset Bar stairs down to the buffet...and back...and again...today, tomorrow, yesterday...well...it gets annoying. You might not think there would be many children on Deck 11 because of the AQ cabins, but there are 6 interior cabins on Deck 11 and this is where the children lived during Mom and Dad's cruise.

If there is an entertainer at the Sunset Bar...you get the pleasure of hearing them perform, even inside your cabin. A speaker is mounted right underneath the balcony of cabin 1133. Great if you are in the mood and enjoying, pretty annoying if you aren't.

The balcony is bigger than a normal balcony. However...it isn't a private balcony experience. The last two rows of tables at the Sunset Bar can easily see up in the balcony...indeed, they can see into the cabins. And some guests like to purposefully look up at the cabins and balconies to check things out. They aren't trying to be rude...I think...just curious. You cannot entirely escape being on display for this reason...

Cabin 1133 is on the smoking side of the bar. For my parents' sailing, there were a tremendous number of cigar smokers on board. It was impossible to escape the smell.

The Sunset Bar is open from 6 am to 1 am.

If you generally take the stairs...you will generally walk through to buffet to get to anywhere. The interior stairs only go down to deck 10...and you land right in the middle of the buffet. Same with the elevator if you exit at deck 10.

You can just take the door outside to deck 11 towards the bow side of the AQ cabin section of deck 11 to avoid the buffet.

There is a canvas covering for the Sunset Bar. It moves if there is wind and the noise can be bothersome...the straining and the creaking of the rigging under stress in the wind. Likewise, when the flag for the Connie is up the pole...the flapping of the flag and the noise of the rigging for raising and lowering the flag can be a bit annoying as well.

Deck 11 feels very removed from the Paradise Gardens and the fitness facility. One of the ideas behind AQ on the S class ships is this idea of proximity to these amenities. You just walk up the interior stairs from Deck 11 to Deck 12 and land right there at the spa/gym. This concept works for Deck 9 AQ because you can take interior stairs to the spa/gym...but for Deck 11...it's just different...generally, through the buffet.

If these amenities aren't a motivation for you to book AQ...and you are more interested in dining in Blu and not so much interested in spa/fitness...then you might not be as bothered by the traffic pattern that you must take from Deck 11 in general. Those that are more fitness/health minded and booking AQ to have a more health conscious cruise may not appreciate passing through the buffet.

My parent's experienced the rocking and rolling of the ship in a way that they never have before...staying aft Deck 11. Granted, their sailing was VERY rough...so rough that it affected the way the captain drove the ship. He went as slow as possible with the stabilizers on full blast during service times...come 1 am...he lowered the stabilizers and "floored it" so to speak to make up for lost time. He needed to do this because service was seriously struggling to not have spillage disasters because of the rough seas. Still...the higher deck and aft had a lot more movement than other parts of the ship for sure...but more than the average sailing for my parent's sailing.

As I stated...Mom and Dad didn't love the true aft Deck 11. Their friends were in a side aft Deck 11 AQ and didn't have the noise/smoke issues. They had no issues at all and enjoyed their cabin. They weren't interested in the Paradise Gardens or the fitness facility and also didn't seem to be bothered by walking through the buffet all the time.

Everyone and every cruise, even, is different. What is a negative for some on one cruise may be of no account to another on another sailing.

My parent's have sailed AQ Deck 9 on the Summit. Enjoyed that tremendously.

Edited to add: I forgot that there an exterior light at the top of the stairs from the Sunset Bar to Deck 11. It is always lit. ALWAYS. It affects the balcony of cabin 1133. If you like to stargaze off your balcony...doesn't happen.

Edited by Anita Latte

I was on the sailing with your parents, and we were 1140, 1141 and 1138. Seas were VERY rough, especially days 3 and 4! It took me several days to find my 'land legs' after we returned. Our friends in 1141 were also bothered by smoke. We were 1138 and had no problems. Those exterior doors were difficult and loud due to the wind, and several times, I couldn't even open them! Having said that, I don't mind motion, and I LOVED the proximity of our cabin to a quick snack or our favorite, the Sunset bar. Also loved the view and of course, the great bedding and new cabin. We have booked 1140 for our Summit trip and 1138 again on the Connie next year.

I have the AC cabin number 9079 on deck 9 with balcony on the constellation or the Baltic Cruise on 2June. Our cabin is just beneath the bar on deck 10.

I am worried as I can find no reviews. Did you go on the cruise in January?

What was the number of your cabin?

Did you have much noise at night?

Do you know what type of bar there is on the cabin number I mentioned please?

Were you sea sick on deck 9?

Can you kindly answer some of my questions please?

Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

We were in Cabin 9081, which I believe is right next door to your cabin. We did not have ANY issues with noise in the room. If you were out on the balcony, you could hear noise from the deck above-mainly music. I do not think it was necessarily a bar, just the pool area. It did not bother me, but if you want to sit there and have quiet, you would have to wait until later at night.

I am always sea sick, so I took bonnine and was fine.

I liked the cabin fine. The only issues I noticed were that you could hear all the pool deck excitement while on your balcony and that there was a major overhang so the balcony was shaded. But the shade was welcome IMO.

As wonderful as those aft balconies are we would never book one, too much light from the Sunset lounge makes star gazing impossible. Instead we stayed in 1116 on the side(non smoking side) which had a very nice sized balcony, 2 chairs, 2 foot stools, 1 table, and it was totally quiet and no light from the lounge. We LOVED the location, still close enough to slip down to the Sunset for a drink but completely private. If we find ourselves back on an "M" class we will try to secure the same stateroom!!!:D

We were in 1123 and the balcony of that, 1119 and the one on the other side of 1119 were a bit larger than the others. Loved the location - that said, we did book the aft 1133 and 1141 for our Alaska trip. Loved the aft stairs to the sunset bar. Would book deck 11 again! Agree with more motion though, didn't bother us but seas not that bad.

Hi Senga 1,

We 9056 and our friends had 9058 on the Constellation in Jan.

Both cabins were quiet. Never heard any noise. The balcony has a overhang, but I did not mind it. We even got some sun late in the day, when it was low in the sky.

Your cabin will be farther back on deck nine. The only bar I know of that far back would be the Sunset Bar on deck 10. Love that bar. It was usually very quiet back there in the late evening. they wash down the deck and the tables and chairs each evening very late, but they don't really move all the furniture around like they do around the pool. they also have some of the best waiters in the Sunset Bar.

I did not get seasick, but I am not prone to that. Never felt much movement.

I love the AQ amenities. Blu was fine but I also love the MDR.

If you have any more questions about the Constellation let me know. I hope Captain Tasos is back on board. He is one of a kind. Everyone looked forward to his sailways and his evening announcement.

Enjoy your cruise and please write a review when you get back.

Edited by Azulann

I just booked our first Celebrity cruise today, right before this thread was revived! I chose AQ cabin 1130 which is one of the extended balcony aft cabins. It sounds like perhaps I got lucky & will not be affected by smoke from the sunset lounge (we're on the starboard side of the aft). Smoke would definitely ruin the balcony experience for us! I appreciated all the reviews about this area. Hoping we're one of the ones who love it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Was just in 9046, under the Solarium or thereabouts. We weren't big fans of the overhang. Can understand benefit of shade (darkness since we sleep in, and less heat), but didn't think it made up for the "obstructed" views.

Never noticed much if any noise from above and general location was good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Hey Anita,

Thank you again for your thorough insight to deck 11 AQ's. :)

This wouldn't be bad in general...but if, by chance, there are children that live on Deck 11...and if, by chance, they decide that it's a fun game to race each other using the inside stairs and the outside Sunset Bar stairs down to the buffet...and back...and again...today, tomorrow, yesterday...well...it gets annoying. You might not think there would be many children on Deck 11 because of the AQ cabins, but there are 6 interior cabins on Deck 11 and this is where the children lived during Mom and Dad's cruise.

I was really surprised by this. I had not even noticed the Inside staterooms on Deck 11. :eek: However, I took a look at the deck plans and they are all for 2 persons, only...like the AQ's. If there were children staying in those staterooms, I guess the parents split the families up. :rolleyes:

If you generally take the stairs...you will generally walk through to buffet to get to anywhere. The interior stairs only go down to deck 10...and you land right in the middle of the buffet. Same with the elevator if you exit at deck 10.

Now I am confused. Looking at the deck plans, again, the aft elevator and stairs go to all decks below? Are the plans wrong, or did I read the above statement wrong? I recently stayed on Deck 6 aft, and recall using those stairs to go up and down. There was just no way to get out to the pool without going through the OV Café on Deck 10.

Now I am confused. Looking at the deck plans, again, the aft elevator and stairs go to all decks below? Are the plans wrong, or did I read the above statement wrong? I recently stayed on Deck 6 aft, and recall using those stairs to go up and down. There was just no way to get out to the pool without going through the OV Café on Deck 10.

There is a separate set of stairs all the way aft at the end of the Deck 11 staterooms that go down directly to the Sunset Bar.