Junior Suite Guarantee

I am sailing on the Anthem in a month and am looking into upgrading to a JS Guarantee. WE paid $2800 for a D4 balcony a few months ago. Currently the JS guarantee using military discount for a 12 day cruise would cost us approximately $4800 plus with tax. Would you pay that much for a JS? What is the average you have paid for a JS per day? WE have only sailed one time in a JS and normally stay in GS or above but sometimes in Balcony's. Right now, it would cost us about $203 pp per day. Is that to much for the Anthem?

Still to much, no GS available?

There are four available but RC wants to charge $8220.98. (including taxes) for two people (military discount). I think not.

The funny thing is, when we booked this cruise back in November, RC wanted over $7000 for a JS!

We have never paid over $4800 for an OS but most of the cruises were 7 day cruises. I am going to wait this out a little longer. I know they should start offering upsells and upgrades in a week or two.

There are four available but RC wants to charge $8220.98. (including taxes) for two people (military discount). I think not.

The funny thing is, when we booked this cruise back in November, RC wanted over $7000 for a JS!

We have never paid over $4800 for an OS but most of the cruises were 7 day cruises. I am going to wait this out a little longer. I know they should start offering upsells and upgrades in a week or two.

I heard if you have a good TA they are giving them away ;):eek:

Our last 3 cruises have been in a JS and for the two of us booking early with all fees, usually pay around $6500. Last Oct we included our daughter in our JS from Quebec to FT Lauderdale and paid $6600. I wouldn't not pay over that unless we ever decide to go to a FS or GS.

that seems a little high, i do realize they are long trips though. is that with airfare and lodging as well?

I was so close to doing it this morning and paying the $2,000 extra but think I'll hold out for another price drop. No one has taken RC on their price drop since yesterday. There are still 11 FJS and 9 SJS. I'm holding tight. Would love a GS but not for 8K. Not worth it to us since we are Diamond Plus.

I was so close to doing it this morning and paying the $2,000 extra but think I'll hold out for another price drop. No one has taken RC on their price drop since yesterday. There are still 11 FJS and 9 SJS. I'm holding tight. Would love a GS but not for 8K. Not worth it to us since we are Diamond Plus.

How do you find this out? I would love to consider upgrading but I have no idea how to see what is available. Once again I need help from all you seasoned cruisers. Thanks.

How do you find this out? I would love to consider upgrading but I have no idea how to see what is available. Once again I need help from all you seasoned cruisers. Thanks.

cruise fish dot net

Plus, I check the RC website several times during the day. Most times I noticed it before cruise fish does.

Edited by Colorado Babe

John last March of 2014, we were in a JS for the NZ & Transpacific, one 13 days the other 18 days. We dropped back to a D-1 for the Hawaii because they wanted $2,000 more for 6 less days and said nope.:) The Quebec to FT Lauderdale, there was 3 of us but had there been only DH & myself it would have been around $5300 with all fees. this did not include air or hotel. When we did the Australia trip, we ( # 4 adults ) stayed in Apartments in a 2 bdrm for 2 days pre NZ cruise then 9 post cruise before boarding the Transpacific.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

John last March of 2014, we were in a JS for the NZ & Transpacific, one 13 days the other 18 days. We dropped back to a D-1 for the Hawaii because they wanted $2,000 more for 6 less days and said nope.:) The Quebec to FT Lauderdale, there was 3 of us but had there been only DH & myself it would have been around $5300 with all fees. this did not include air or hotel. When we did the Australia trip, we ( # 4 adults ) stayed in Apartments in a 2 bdrm for 2 days pre NZ cruise then 9 post cruise before boarding the Transpacific.

Gay

Our Rhapsody TA in 2017 has Laura in a JS solo and me in an inside solo and it was same price as both of us in the JS. Gotta love that 150% supplement. ;)

I am sailing on the Anthem in a month and am looking into upgrading to a JS Guarantee. WE paid $2800 for a D4 balcony a few months ago. Currently the JS guarantee using military discount for a 12 day cruise would cost us approximately $4800 plus with tax. Would you pay that much for a JS? What is the average you have paid for a JS per day? WE have only sailed one time in a JS and normally stay in GS or above but sometimes in Balcony's. Right now, it would cost us about $203 pp per day. Is that to much for the Anthem?

CB, I am going to go against most of the opinions here.

You are accustomed to a GS.

IMO, roughly $200 pp pd in a JS on the Anthem will be worth it to you.

Should you "play chicken" with the price, hoping for a further decrease?

Well, that is up to you.

You may do better; you may regret waiting.

There you have my assessment.

:)

Have fun in the CL meeting your new best friend! ;)

one more thought:

Yes, as D+, you already have access to the CL or the DL.

But in a JS (but NOT in a balcony and "only" D+) you will be able to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen.

Coastal Kitchen was good before, but it is fabulous now. I could eat there every night and be happy.

You can't tell for sure what is actually left. The could have sold 19 guarantees and there is only 1 actually left but they may not have assigned the guarantees.

one more thought:

Yes, as D+, you already have access to the CL or the DL.

But in a JS (but NOT in a balcony and "only" D+) you will be able to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen.

Coastal Kitchen was good before, but it is fabulous now. I could eat there every night and be happy.

Apparently nothing but JS on Oasis from now on if Laura gets her way. Why is it fabulous now?

BTW, I don't think we tipped enough in April. Kinda feel bad

Edited by John&LaLa

Apparently nothing but JS on Oasis from now on if Laura gets her way. Why is it fabulous now?

BTW, I don't think we tipped enough in April. Kinda feel bad

On the Anthem, they started with one menu. Then they changed it halfway through.

Starting just a couple of days ago, they have a different menu each day.

Score!

:)