Hump Cabin Warning

D&beach&J

I am writing this while aboard Brilliance of the Seas. We booked a hump cabin, #8088. Do not book this type of cabin if you want to sleep before 1 a.m. The bands that used to play in nightclubs now play in the centrum of the ship! The noise in this cabin is so loud! Horrible.

The guest relations person told me all ships do this now with bands.

This is why we like to stay at least 6 staterooms away from the centrum on Radiance and Vision class ships.

Good to know how far down to go. It is too bad because the balcony in this cabin is almost as deep as the cabin itself. It is the biggest one I ever saw.

Yikes. We just booked 8102 on Jewel the other day. It's just on the other side of the elevator as yours. I did my homework, and most people mentioned the noise, if they heard any, was over by 11. I really wanted a larger balcony.

All the afts on Jewel don't accommodate 3 people. I can't get a larger balcony there.

Can you tell me if you have lounge chairs on your balcony. I know it's a different ship, but hopefully Jewel will be the same if we don't switch cabins now. I'm so disappointed.

Yikes. We just booked 8102 on Jewel the other day. It's just on the other side of the elevator as yours. I did my homework, and most people mentioned the noise, if they heard any, was over by 11. I really wanted a larger balcony.

All the afts on Jewel don't accommodate 3 people. I can't get a larger balcony there.

Can you tell me if you have lounge chairs on your balcony. I know it's a different ship, but hopefully Jewel will be the same if we don't switch cabins now. I'm so disappointed.

Tonight it was disco music! Balcony has 2 chairs and one lounger and regular kind of table.

FB_IMG_1454735941528.jpg.58478a424218749e881dcc0dece77b2f.jpg

I have also booked 8102 on Radiance and I am so excited to have a large balcony. I have my heart set on laying on the lounger on the balcony reading my book. I guess the excitement is dampened a little bit by your news. We have 2 children so I won't be happy if they can't get to sleep before 1am. How loud is it? If you were to have your tv on low can you still hear the music?

I guess being a transpacific cruise we could just stay up and dance til 1am :D

I hope you can enjoy your cruise regardless.

We had a hump cabin on Brilliance and the noise from the centrum was very loud. The music was one thing, but what bothered me most was the cruise director screaming into the microphone over the music and between songs. I will not book a hump cabin on this class of ship again. Now on Freedom class that is my favorite spot!

We had a hump cabin on Brilliance and the noise from the centrum was very loud. The music was one thing, but what bothered me most was the cruise director screaming into the microphone over the music and between songs. I will not book a hump cabin on this class of ship again. Now on Freedom class that is my favorite spot!

I agree, on Freedom and Voyager class, there is no noise issue at all with hump staterooms.

I have also booked 8102 on Radiance and I am so excited to have a large balcony. I have my heart set on laying on the lounger on the balcony reading my book. I guess the excitement is dampened a little bit by your news. We have 2 children so I won't be happy if they can't get to sleep before 1am. How loud is it? If you were to have your tv on low can you still hear the music?

I guess being a transpacific cruise we could just stay up and dance til 1am :D

I hope you can enjoy your cruise regardless.

I was in 8102 on Radiance in 2014. We had no problems with sound. :)

We have stayed in cabins on GR and Vision a cabin or two away from the centrum and never found any issue with noise. We've had a hump cabin on EX and it was also quiet.

This thread is about Radiance class ships. Vision class do not even have "Hump Cabins"

Edited by FLACRUISER99

This thread is about Radiance class ships. Vision class do not even have "Hump Cabins"

I believe they were referring to being on the Centrum and the associated noise level. Vision ships do have Centrums.

Edited by John&LaLa

I agree, no humps on Vision.

However, we have experienced the excessive centrum noise issue on Enchantment. The bad was playing so loud that ship (middle of the day) that you could not conduct business at Guest Services without yelling.

Gee, thanks for the "info". :confused: I'm well aware of what this thread is about, but Voyager class was previously mentioned. I never said Vision had hump cabins. They do, however, have cabins surrounding the Centrum. Centrum noise is the real issue here and the fact that Radiance class ships hump cabins happen to be on the centrum doesn't really matter and isn't relevant to the real issue which is the Centrum. The supposed noise issue isn't because they are "hump" cabins, it's because of their location.

Edited by BND

Was in 7108 in May on Radiance and heard no noise from the centrum.

That is almost impossible. Unless either you didn't have your hearing aid turned on or they didn't play a band in the centrum. When a band is playing loud in the centrum of Radiance class ships you CAN hear it inside the cabins on the centrum. Period.

Edited by bouhunter

As we like to stay up late the nighttime noise won't be a problem in the evening.. What about in the mornings? Booming PA announcements? Thriller dance lessons? Any information on morning noise in these cabins would be greatly appreciated as we are In 8102 on the jewel Spring TA. Thanks in advance

We recently switched to 8102 on the Brilliance TA in April when it became available. My wife was worried about the noise. I said not to worry and the balcony would be awesome. I hope she does not read this thread! :D

We recently switched to 8102 on the Brilliance TA in April when it became available. My wife was worried about the noise. I said not to worry and the balcony would be awesome. I hope she does not read this thread! :D

Balcony outweighs the potential noise issues.

As we like to stay up late the nighttime noise won't be a problem in the evening.. What about in the mornings? Booming PA announcements? Thriller dance lessons? Any information on morning noise in these cabins would be greatly appreciated as we are In 8102 on the jewel Spring TA. Thanks in advance

We didn't notice any noise on Brilliance or Jewel in our hump cabins during the day. But at night when the band was playing you could hear it pounding inside our deck 8 hump cabin. We were usually just stopping in for a few minutes so didn't bother us. If someone wanted to turn in early and had trouble getting to sleep with noise it could definitely be a problem.

Just call the guest relations desk and ask for them to close the fire doors. Problem solved. There are fire doors all around the centrum.

Is that allowed? That would hinder traffic through the corridors. Fine for me, but how about a scooter

We didn't notice any noise on Brilliance or Jewel in our hump cabins during the day. But at night when the band was playing you could hear it pounding inside our deck 8 hump cabin. We were usually just stopping in for a few minutes so didn't bother us. If someone wanted to turn in early and had trouble getting to sleep with noise it could definitely be a problem.

Pounding at night?![emoji33][emoji33] at least it won't be hard

To find the party! Thank you for the input. This will work out well, as we are night owls. But I do love a good sleep in during the cruise.