Weather at sea--Boston to Bermuda?

Recognizing this is highly variable, any recent reports on the weather at sea on the Boston to Bermuda route? Temp and sea height? Thanks!

June 9th sailing was colder than most 57f - 62f daytime & rainy .

Sea's were not bad.

Buoy info = http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44090

Edited by biker@sea

Chances are it might be cold and nasty, or very warm or calm, or just right.

It really varies week to week and sometimes day to day.

You can get pretty decent idea of weather for Boston and Bermuda at weather.com

Recognizing this is highly variable, any recent reports on the weather at sea on the Boston to Bermuda route? Temp and sea height? Thanks!

The weather at sea and wave heights change day to day. Recent reports are meaningless for predicting the future.

Edited by Charles4515

Synopsis for the SW North Atlantic including the Bahamas

AMZ101-230815-Synopsis for the SW N Atlantic including the Bahamas410 PM EDT Thu Jun 22 2017.SYNOPSIS...High pressure will meander along 29N/30N into the weekend as a weak cold front approaches the SE United States. Thehigh will gradually be absorbed into a broad central Atlc high Sun, with a ridge axis extending across the northern waters thereafter through Tue. A weak front moves off the SE United States late Tue and stalls over the far NW portion of the areaTue night.

AMZ115 Zone Forecast

AMZ115-230815-Atlantic from 27N to 31N between 65W and 70W-410 PM EDT Thu Jun 22 2017.TONIGHT...E winds less than 5 kt N of 29N, and NE to E 5 to10 kt elsewhere. Seas 3 to 5 ft. .FRI...SE winds less than 5 kt N of 29N, and E 10 to 15 ktelsewhere. Seas 3 to 4 ft. .FRI NIGHT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt N of 29N, and E 10 ktelsewhere. Seas 3 to 4 ft. .SAT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. .SAT NIGHT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. .SUN...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. .SUN NIGHT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. .MON...SE to S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. .MON NIGHT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. .TUE...SE to S winds 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. .TUE NIGHT...SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 ft.

June 9th sailing was colder than most 57f - 62f daytime & rainy .

Sea's were not bad.

Buoy info = http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44090

I was in the June 9 sailing too. While it was cooler then I would have liked, the sail away party on the pool deck was fine and not raining. First day at sea was beautiful. Sunday morning was rainy but by the afternoon we got to watch the Americas Cup from the bow of the Dawn. Monday, while at Horseshoe Bay Beach it rained. But sun came out later. Tuesday was beautiful. Wednesday at sea day was sunny and hot. Thursday started if chilly but warmed up a bit later in the day. I'd say weather was nice 80% of the time! Wish I was going again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was in the June 9 sailing too. While it was cooler then I would have liked, the sail away party on the pool deck was fine and not raining. First day at sea was beautiful. Sunday morning was rainy but by the afternoon we got to watch the Americas Cup from the bow of the Dawn. Monday, while at Horseshoe Bay Beach it rained. But sun came out later. Tuesday was beautiful. Wednesday at sea day was sunny and hot. Thursday started if chilly but warmed up a bit later in the day. I'd say weather was nice 80% of the time! Wish I was going again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

D.W. got us spa Passes where the weather was fantastic all week.

In Bermuda

We did Whale bay Monday.

Then the first NCL ferry to St. George Tues.

We loved Alexander Battery for seaglass and snorkeling then Tom Moor's jungle For the Cliff Jump and cave's :cool:

Edited by biker@sea

• 3 weeks later...
We were on this cruise with you. Did not get to the beach, but swam in the ship's pool. There was plenty do do, even though it was showery.

Barb, this Friday's cruise looks showery and cook. Did they do the sail away indoors?

At this time of the year the first night is mild but as soon as the ship gets south of the Gulf Stream the humidity becomes very notable. The last night of the cruise is north of the Gulf Stream and cooler. Unless there is a tropical storm nearby the seas are rather calm. If you happen to sail when there is a very large, strong, hurricane in the open Atlantic you might get a heavy swell, but that is a hit or miss thing.

I have taken this cruise 4 times in peak hurricane season and never had a rough ride.

Bermuda "rain" can be like a kid with a hose; hit and miss all at the same time. The rain is wet and the sun is hot.;)

We sailed 6/30 to 7/7 and Bermuda was exactly that - some parts of the island raining and others perfectly nice weather.

The weather, at sea, both down and back was calm with rain on the Wednesday of our return.

Barb, this Friday's cruise looks showery and cook. Did they do the sail away indoors?

Not on my cruise. Sailing away from Boston was outside, and the same when we left Bermuda.

However many years ago, we sailed away from Boston during a rain storm, and the party was inside. That was on the Majesty.

Bermuda "rain" can be like a kid with a hose; hit and miss all at the same time. The rain is wet and the sun is hot.;)

When we left the ship on Sunday afternoon, it was very rainy. The ship sold plastic ponchos near the exit.

Next time we'll bring our own, or small umbrellas for "just in case."