Help from loyal MSC Cruisers

jimdicap

I booked a cruise on the Seaside for May 2018. My DW however, has been reading tons of horrible reviews and now wants to cancel. Is there any reason to think the Seaside will be different? Specific areas:

Food Quality---the fact that Roy Yamaguchi is there isn't impressing here since reviews mostly echo poor food

Service

Debarking at ports

Thanks!

I booked a cruise on the Seaside for May 2018. My DW however, has been reading tons of horrible reviews and now wants to cancel. Is there any reason to think the Seaside will be different? Specific areas:

Food Quality---the fact that Roy Yamaguchi is there isn't impressing here since reviews mostly echo poor food

Service

Debarking at ports

Thanks!

How about reading some of the good reviews. it seems you choose to only read the bad ones.

How about reading some of the good reviews. it seems you choose to only read the bad ones.

Its NOT me...its the DW...and I did go down that road but there just aren't enough good reviews. Only 46% for the line...BUT of course, reviews don't really matter since the ship is new and designed for Miami--thus the question becomes why should she believe that the line will be different.

Its NOT me...its the DW...and I did go down that road but there just aren't enough good reviews. Only 46% for the line...BUT of course, reviews don't really matter since the ship is new and designed for Miami--thus the question becomes why should she believe that the line will be different.

Cruise many times with all of the cruise lines and today MSC is my favorite. Have 4 weeks booked over the course of 2018.

U never know until u try.

If u don't take the cruise - you will never know

Remember people are more likely to post a negative review to vent as opposed to a positive review. Just human nature. Also read between the lines of what people are complaining about.

IMO - these are just main stream cruise - need to go with flow. On a 2 week cruise - are all ur 42 meals going to be stellar? - probably not - sorry, but not on any cruise line.

MSC is unique to all the other North American cruise lines. Some people embrace difference - other can't - this is where u primarily see negative reviews. For example - a lot of Americans can't accept they they only populate 40% of the clientele on the DIVINA - however others embrace the difference.

Again. I personally think ur missing on a great opportunity if you cancel your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had a great time last year; so much so that we are going again this year, and likely will look to book Seaside in 2019; that's the front runner.

I think a lot of the lower scores are from people who are or were loyal to other brands and were enticed by price but were shocked to find things did not happen exactly like they did on their one beloved line.

If you sail many lines and enjoy the differences and nuances to each, you're likely to have a great time. MSC run a nice cruise and the ships are immaculate. The entertainment is very good and, for us, so was the service even in a basic interior cabin.

If you find you are loyal to one line and like/expect to know exactly what is going to happen on vacation because you have sailed with a line for years and do not handle change well, cancel. It is no reflection on MSC. Some people would write similar reviews stepping out of their comfort zone with brand X and going to brand Y, whatever it may be.

As far as Seaside; could not tell you, the ship is not finished yet. All, ALL, new ships have teething issues their first few months as crew learn the ship. So for me, no new ships until 6 months in service. But Seaside looks awesome and with a design that puts more focus outwards, which I like. With status match and current MSC pricing, booking for my family for 2019 is almost a foregone conclusion.

What turned me around was a few "key" reviews where people went through all of MSC Divina (Chubby and away blog/vlog).

For me they managed to take the focus from "omg I had such a horrible disembarkcation" to; things are not always amazing, but all over very good. Breaking it down and setting expectations for what is to come.

After reading/seeing their review I was okay booking with MSC. My wife as well is very much looking forward to MSC; just showed her the same review.

I think a lot of the lower scores are from people who are or were loyal to other brands and were enticed by price but were shocked to find things did not happen exactly like they did on their one beloved line.

If you find you are loyal to one line and like/expect to know exactly what is going to happen on vacation because you have sailed with a line for years and do not handle change well, cancel. It is no reflection on MSC. Some people would write similar reviews stepping out of their comfort zone with brand X and going to brand Y, whatever it may be.

I really agree with you on this.

We have been loyal to NCL but have no problems to handle change so we except to have a great cruise!

Compared to to cost for a week on Norwegian Epic we save almost $4000 to cruise on MSCs new ship Meraviglia and we are prepared to try something new!

How bad can it be, it's a cruise!!!

MSC is unique to all the other North American cruise lines. Some people embrace difference - other can't - this is where u primarily see negative reviews. For example - a lot of Americans can't accept they they only populate 40% of the clientele on the DIVINA - however others embrace the difference.

marcoigna ... I am with you on this one,any review I write gives the good and not so good and the things that people should watch out for, sadly some of the above take those as a negative review because they want to be told that everything seen through Rose tinted glasses is great.

The only way to see if a cruise line fits you is to try it, if not nothing lost because you have still had your holiday.

As I have posted on other threads people want to pay MSC prices and then expect a Celebrity cruise!

You can't really use any MSC reviews when it comes to Seaside. Seaside is being built and the "service" designed for the American traveler and the Caribbean so they are making huge changes on what they produce/serve, etc. versus their European cruises for that ship. Sure some things may be the same, but until the first few sailing happen no one can accurately provide a review on what will happen on Seaside.

My husband and I absolutely love MSC. We have cruised Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, Holland America and just find the Italian /European influence on MSC ships to be what we love. One of the things we truly appreciate is the lack of constant sales Of services and amenities one is confronted with on other lines. We find the ships to be so elegant and beautiful. We celebrated our vow renewal on the Poesia in a large ceremony 4 years ago and the way in which the crew went over and above any expectations we may have had, was just incredible. It is so refreshing when still today, years later, the staff will still recognize us from previous ships and cruises. We have sailed the Divina many times and are now looking forward to our January 2018 cruise in the yacht club on the Seaside.

I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser. I had previously been a loyal Royal cruiser. However, just as I attained a certain status level with Royal they changed some of the perks. I was disappointed but Royal also pointed out that my loyalty level with them would transfer to Celebrity. I had never sailed Celebrity. So I did. Got hooked. Love the Solstice Class ships. We have now become Elite Plus on Celebrity. When I wanted to cruise in the Caribbean in September and Celebrity did not have any sailings from Florida I tried NCL. We loved that new experience. I was enticed by some great fares on MSC Divina so we cruised her in a regular balcony cabin. We thought the ship was beautiful, the food excellent and the shows fantastic. We've since sailed in the Yacht Club three times. Divina is a stunning ship. I like the fact that there are multiple lounges and bars playing various music at night. IMHO you would have a great time on MSC!

Service

Debarking at ports

Thanks!

Well MSC way better than NCL . Not even a free cruise will make me to cruise NCL again. I found MSc better than Carnival as well and much more fun than Celebrity. I did not found any difference in debarking at ports between all lines I been on.

Cruised for many years on Celebrity (Elite+), HAL (Copper), Princess (Elite), RCI (Diamond+), NCL (Silver), MSC (Black). Reviews are someones personal opinion. What you may like someone else may not. We are not loyal to any cruise line. They all provide an experience and they all provide something different. Food is very subjective as are shows, ships, etc. Last year we cruised Celebrity, Princess, RCI, NCL and MSC. Which one was the best or worst? None, we enjoyed them all.

Try a different cruise line or ship. It is your experience that counts not what someone else thought of a specific cruise.

JMHO!

I actually booked and sailed on the Divina last October based on the negative reviews I read. 😀 " Not enough American type food, too many Europeans, language difficulties etc.. The ship is beautiful met fantastic people from all over the world who I he Ave remained close contact with and booked again to go this May..

Sent from my Z988 using Forums mobile app

Bingo. Many people assume the food is terrible if it is not the standard. I watched one Sea Cruiser episode where they didn't eat in the MDR bedside there was not anything they liked. Then they went to get a cheeseburger.

Is "Sea Cruiser" a TV show, webcast, etc--I would love to see that