Puzzle Room on Anthem

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but I'm sailing Anthem tomorrow and was unable to book puzzle room ahead of time. I'll be one of the first to board and was looking to see where the best place to go would be to make a reservation. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Would be interested to find out how the OP made out. Were you able to book the Puzzle Break or not? Some say that you can book on the app, but we weren't able to do so earlier this year. This post all about the puzzle break says sometimes you can book at Guest Services as well as the Sea Plex. Was that the case? We had to book at Sea Plex, and it was a nightmare getting a time and spot. Hopefully, it has improved.

On anthem now and the puzzle room doesn't show up on the IQ app or in any compass etc. it seems to be a need to know basis. Luckily I was able to signup online before the cruise. Our group finished with about 16 minutes left. It was fun but hard and not as good as one I did in philly, but good for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On anthem now and the puzzle room doesn't show up on the IQ app or in any compass etc. it seems to be a need to know basis. Luckily I was able to signup online before the cruise. Our group finished with about 16 minutes left. It was fun but hard and not as good as one I did in philly, but good for free

Do you remember about how far out it showed up for booking online before you sailed?

It showed up for a few days about a month before sailing. I checked my email confirmation and I booked it July 5 for August 11 sailing. Dates and times were very limited

Do you remember which section of the online cruise planner it showed up in? I'm guessing under Entertainment, near the IFly and North Star links?

Thanks.

Do you remember which section of the online cruise planner it showed up in? I'm guessing under Entertainment, near the IFly and North Star links?

Thanks.

Yes, that's where it is on the online cruise planner. For us it showed up about a month out as well.

For us it showed up about a month out as well.

Seems like there's a lot of variability here. My email confirmation says I reserved it on July 1, for my September 8 cruise. I remember checking back a day or two later and it was sold out, so it booked up fast.

If you can't book on the planner pre-cruise, make it a priority once onboard, before eating, etc. We ate a quick lunch in WJ and were looking for the desk to sign up by noon. We were directed to go to the theatre on deck 4, but the line was a mile long and I figured it wasn't worth it to wait.

I heard several people saying they could not get it.

OT activities note: iFly was booked solid and had a waiting list of 140 people.

NorthStar bookings early in the week were cancelled due to weather. Those people had to wait standby, some for a very long time.

Edited by marci22

How does this work - you are with a group of strangers and have to work together to "escape"?

Yes, although you can try to sign up with friends.

I did it with "strangers" on the Anthem, but after an hour, we were friends! ;)

How does this work - you are with a group of strangers and have to work together to "escape"?

Having just come off the 8/11 Anthem sailing, this was my experience. Nearly everyone in the puzzle room when we did it was with a friend, spouse, partner, etc. But that's dependent on whether or not there are enough slots available when you book. Even if you do it alone, it's still fun. As as Merion Mom said, you make friends quickly.

It's hard to describe in any detail without spoiling the surprise (as far as I know, it's the same setup for every session, every cruise) but basically you're in a room with pictures and locked boxes and charts and puzzles and anagrams and all sorts of seemingly random things. You have to solve a series of things, and they all eventually lead you to something else, which leads you to the 'key' to get out. You do have to work together, but not necessarily everyone at once. We all kind of split into different small groups of 2 or 3, working on separate things, and then putting it together as we went along. Most of us didn't really see what other groups were working on until it all came together in the end. You'd never be able to finish in time if everyone worked on each thing all together.

I made the reservation on board. We boarded around 11:00 AM, and I went to the Seaplex as was advised here, but there was no one there yet from the crew. (perhaps someone showed up later)

So I ended up on a rather long line at the Royal Theater. (if I'd gone there directly upon boarding, it probably would have been shorter). I think you can do it at Guest Services as well.

I waited about about 35-40 minutes in line, but I did get the reservation. IF you can do it on the app, that would be easiest, but it's not always possible. On the day we boarded, the app didn't work in the terminal and in fact, didn't work at all anywhere on the ship until after 1:00 PM. And I guess the length of the line depends on how early you board.

In any case, it was great fun and I would definitely recommend to anyone to try to do it.

I'm on Anthem in September, and reservations for our puzzle room opened about 2 months before sailing, but sold out within about a day or so. I was checking the cruise planner every day, sometimes twice a day for all the activities to open for booking, but might have missed it if I hadn't seen someone mention on my roll call that it had opened for booking, so I was lucky and booked right away.

I'm sure there will be lots more availability once onboard, but I'm glad I got everything booked in advance so I can enjoy the ship once we board. This class of ship sure does require advance planning!