Second City on Breakaway?

Hoosier1439

I've read somewhere that the improv comedy show "Second City" is on Breakaway but I don't see anyone mentioning it in their reviews. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thank You!

Tried Second City more than four times on the Breakaway during my past three trips. I love comedy, but Second City's performances were not for me. I tried four times just to be sure that it wasn't an off night for the troupe or for my sense of humor --- Second City did not come remotely close to being funny for me. As a result, I quietly exited within the first 15 minutes. :(. .

Tried Second City more than four times on the Breakaway during my past three trips. I love comedy, but Second City's performances were not for me. I tried four times just to be sure that it wasn't an off night for the troupe or for my sense of humor --- Second City did not come remotely close to being funny for me. As a result, I quietly exited within the first 15 minutes. :(. .

I totally agree, I thought it was just us.

I've read somewhere that the improv comedy show "Second City" is on Breakaway but I don't see anyone mentioning it in their reviews. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thank You!

We just got off the Breakaway today. Would not even step foot in the venue that Second City was in. Last BA trip we tried it and didn't even last 10 minutes, they are horrible! I love the improv of "Who's line is it anyway" on TV, but this is NOTHING like those guys.

We just got off the Breakaway today. Would not even step foot in the venue that Second City was in. Last BA trip we tried it and didn't even last 10 minutes, they are horrible! I love the improv of "Who's line is it anyway" on TV, but this is NOTHING like those guys.

Just got home today too. The show we went to was impro and cruise ship jokes. They chose some older gent out of the audience to be a participant. That had to be the most boring show ever. Why they thought this man was so funny was beyond us. I couldn't wait to get out of there. We have tried this show before and always give it another try hoping it will be funny. Never again!

I saw them on a ship in the past and didn't like them but I'm not a fan on Improv. Therefore on my last 2 cruises on the Breakaway I skipped this show. They were on my last cruise (September 4) a few shows a night on a few different nights.

Glad I'm not fond of it either.

I am in another boat. I used to love Second City scripted shows in Toronto, where John Candy and many others started but always found improv "uncomfortable". I believe there are both types on the Breakaway. How do I know when the non-improv shows take place. Can I tell by the title in the daily? Which ones can be reserved?

I am in another boat. I used to love Second City scripted shows in Toronto, where John Candy and many others started but always found improv "uncomfortable". I believe there are both types on the Breakaway. How do I know when the non-improv shows take place. Can I tell by the title in the daily? Which ones can be reserved?

It tells you in the Freestyle Daily if it's scripted or not.

For example on my cruise on Day 2 they were in Headliners at 7pm and in the Daily it says:

7:00p The Second City: Scriptless

11:00p The Second City: Adult Scriptless (18+)

On Day 4 It's listed as:

9:00p The Second City: Scriptless

11:00p The Second City: Adult Sketch

Night 5

7:00p The Second City: Game Night

Night 6

7:00p The Second City: Totally At Sea

9:00p The Second City: Game Night

Night 7

7:00p The Second City: Scriptless

I personally enjoyed the one performance that I was able to get too.. but it's all relative isn't it. Many people on this forum absoutely love Howlin at the Moon but my husband found it awful and lasted about 10 minutes. Burn the Floor, very talented but found the show boring. Had I know that they were to perform on Saturday night in the Manhattan Room wouldn't have bothered with the show itself on Friday night. Would have been happy to see Cirque Dreams but didn't want to do so as a dinner theater. Enjoyed Rock of Ages and happy to see it on a ship but certainly wouldn't go to see it on Broadway.

Considering the size of the ship you would think there might be another entertainment option including a late night movie. We enjoyed Charlie Love and his group in Fat Cats the most.

I personally enjoyed the one performance that I was able to get too.. but it's all relative isn't it. Many people on this forum absoutely love Howlin at the Moon but my husband found it awful and lasted about 10 minutes. Burn the Floor, very talented but found the show boring. Had I know that they were to perform on Saturday night in the Manhattan Room wouldn't have bothered with the show itself on Friday night. Would have been happy to see Cirque Dreams but didn't want to do so as a dinner theater. Enjoyed Rock of Ages and happy to see it on a ship but certainly wouldn't go to see it on Broadway.

Considering the size of the ship you would think there might be another entertainment option including a late night movie. We enjoyed Charlie Love and his group in Fat Cats the most.

There IS a movie every night that starts between 10-11pm in the Atrium. Good luck getting a seat though. The atrium and the area upstairs at O'Sheehans is usually pretty full.

You didn't mention the nightly deck parties, game shows, and multiple locations of live music. Someone else already mentioned the movie. There are lots of entertainment options every evening.

Re: Howl at the Moon- it's certainly not for everyone, but 10 minutes isn't long enough to even see what it's about. These musicians change as often as every week or 2, and the quality of the show definitely will vary based on who you get. Live music in a bar focused on crowd participation isn't for everyone though. But I'd recommend anyone give it a second chance to get a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...

Second City used to be good years ago. We saw them on the Gem or the Dawn...can't remember which back in 2011 I think. They weren't awesome but they were good. Also, I don't get why they don't show the movies out at H2O ...where they have a giant screen and lots of room as compared to the atrium. Is there a deck party out there every night? Maybe that's why!

We enjoyed the Second City shows on our Breakaway sailing last week. We are big fans of improv comedy and hubby and I both thought the cast did a fantastic job. It's worth checking out! Performances are in Headliners and were usually at 7 and 9 pm, with one or two adults only/18+ shows at 11 pm.