Phone message Majesty sail Tomorrow

I have not sailed RCCL in a few years. Is it normal to get a phone call or email telling you what time you should arrive at the port? It was based on your deck. Ours was 2:00. We planned to be there by 11:00. Help!! Do we have to arrive that late?

I have not sailed RCCL in a few years. Is it normal to get a phone call or email telling you what time you should arrive at the port? It was based on your deck. Ours was 2:00. We planned to be there by 11:00. Help!! Do we have to arrive that late?

Yes, it's normal, and the suggested arrival time is not enforced at US ports.

This phone call has been the norm for about the last year now. You can of course disregard and show up whenever you want. but remember, typically the ships published boarding time is not until noon or later... So although the ship may be cleared and you may be able to get on very early as others have discussed. Don't be upset or even surprised if you have to wait a long time before you get on.

The company sends out the message to try to spread out arrivals to avoid long lines and crowding. But everyone ignores the recommendations and then complain about slow boarding and the crowded Windjammer. Go figure!

I actually chuckle every time this comes up.

Problem: Customers complaining about crowds during embarking

Proposed solution: stagger boarding times

Customer reaction: screw that, I'll board whenever I feel like it

End result: still crowded, customers still complaining

I actually chuckle every time this comes up.

Problem: Customers complaining about crowds during embarking

Proposed solution: stagger boarding times

Customer reaction: screw that, I'll board whenever I feel like it

End result: still crowded, customers still complaining

I agree with you completely

THE "I will show up whenever I want, and then I will write my review and talk about how horrible the lines were" Never makes any sense to me.. (it's almost like you want to start your trip off angry.

I always just relax in my hotel and head over around 1 or 1:30pm. Although I may not show up at the precise time they have told me too, at least I wait until significantly after official boarding has begun. As opposed to standing there and waving at the passengers getting off the ship.

It's just like showing up at best buy at 4 am on black friday and being suprised that you cant walk directly inside. Never mind the fact that the store is not even open yet. "I am paying for that TV so I am going to pick it up whenever I want too" Or what about this. IF you made a dinner reservation for 7pm... would you show up at 4pm asking for your table????

The saddest thing about this process is that Many "newbie" cruisers will post this question.. They will get the response " your paying for that cruise show up at 9am and be the first one on" Then they stand in line for two hours or more... and They get an instant bad taste in their mouth about cruising before they have even gotten on the ship." I get it...The plane landed early, the hotel check out was 11 am, etc.... but that does not change the facts......

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

I have said this so many times. "I will show up whenever I want, and then I will write my review and talk about how horrible the lines were" LOL I could not agree with you more.

Whatever. You keep on showing up at the suggested time on the email and I will keep on arriving "whenever I want" which is around 1030 am and find myself being one of the first onboard around 11 am and already out of the windjammer before the masses get there.

I have said this so many times. "I will show up whenever I want, and then I will write my review and talk about how horrible the lines were" LOL I could not agree with you more.

The ones that kill me are the folks that sailed out of Southampton on Quantum. Pretty sure they had suggested boarding times and ignored them. There were a lot of D and better though. I think they are exempt

IF you made a dinner reservation for 7pm... would you show up at 4pm asking for your table????...

Of course not. I'm sorry but it's not even close to the same thing. The boarding times are merely suggested - it is not enforced.

Whatever. You keep on showing up at the suggested time on the email and I will keep on arriving "whenever I want" which is around 1030 am and find myself being one of the first onboard around 11 am and already out of the windjammer before the masses get there.

Hi Ryan, agree with you completely. Once we were onboard before the WJ was even open! It was awesome to be among the first on the ship.

I will continue to arrive at 10:30 as well. :)

The problem is no one ever leaves the WJ. And that includes their 3 carry ons. We don't show up until 12:30 (exempt D+ :D) so we can head to cabin

Of course not. I'm sorry but it's not even close to the same thing. The boarding times are merely suggested - it is not enforced.

Hi Ryan, agree with you completely. Once we were onboard before the WJ was even open! It was awesome to be among the first on the ship.

I will continue to arrive at 10:30 as well. :)

We can simply agree to disagree. because some will do what they want no matter what, and I prefer to do as suggested, just the way I was raised.

I also think that the ships crew works so hard ( thats why I tip extra) they are just getting everyone off the ship, frantically cleaning and getting ready for everyone.

and now, before they can even catch their breath, there is a line of people standing outside the wind jammer before it is even open? It just seems rude to me.

but then again, on my checklist of what to do on a cruise. NOWHERE is there a run to windjammer at 10:30am and gorge myself the first ten minutes I am on board. I prefer A nice leisurely breakfast on land first.

For me personally,

I wont go that early because I dont feel it the proper thing to do.. Just as I wont wear shorts or flip flops to formal night in the MDR because I dont think it's the proper thing to do... but certainly there are those with the "its our vacation, we can do what we want " and thats fine... overall I have to deal with these people for one cruise, and they have to deal with themselves for the rest of their life " Peace....

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

We can simply agree to disagree. because some will do what they want no matter what, and I prefer to do as suggested, just the way I was raised.

I also think that the ships crew works so hard ( thats why I tip extra) they are just getting everyone off the ship, frantically cleaning and getting ready for everyone.

and now, before they can even catch their breath, there is a line of people standing outside the wind jammer before it is even open? It just seems rude to me.

but then again, on my checklist of what to do on a cruise. NOWHERE is there a run to windjammer at 10:30am and gorge myself the first ten minutes I am on board. I prefer A nice leisurely breakfast on land first.

For me personally,

I wont go that early because I dont feel it the proper thing to do.. Just as I wont wear shorts or flip flops to formal night in the MDR because I dont think it's the proper thing to do... but certainly there are those with the "its our vacation, we can do what we want " and thats fine... overall I have to deal with these people for one cruise, and they have to deal with themselves for the rest of their life " Peace....

Chill out

"It's my vacation time and I paid for it"

Technically there are 168 hours in 7 days. I guess you can actually be on the ship somewhere around 166 if you board at 10:30 and stay on until 8:30 to depart. Personally I'd rather give up a couple of hous at either end. Board at 12:30 and leave at 6:30. I would only be on the ship 162 hours. That's really only 2% less time than those who want to board early and leave late.

"It's my vacation time and I paid for it"

Technically there are 168 hours in 7 days. I guess you can actually be on the ship somewhere around 166 if you board at 10:30 and stay on until 8:30 to depart. Personally I'd rather give up a couple of hous at either end. Board at 12:30 and leave at 6:30. I would only be on the ship 162 hours. That's really only 2% less time than those who want to board early and leave late.

yup, thats pretty much what I do...

(the path of least resistance)