Would you dress formally still IF...

LMaxwell

If there were NO photographers for formal evenings would you dress formally?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. If there were NO photographers for formal evenings would you dress formally?

• Less inclined; we dress for the opportunity to have nice pictures done
    • Same; we dress formal because we enjoy it, with or without photos
    • More inclined; it would feel more special without photographers interrupting our dinners

We've never dressed in formal wear for photographers - we dress for each other and because we are very comfortable wearing our formal clothing. We have so few opportunities to wear sparklies & heels (me) and tux (DH), that we really look forward to being able to do so when we cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

If the ship requested/suggested formal attire, I would go along with their wishes. It would be disrespectful to the host otherwise.

YES YES YES

I wonder if I asked some people to me wedding and requested that they dress formal if they would just choose to ignore that request, or show up wearing whatever they pleased.

Good ole fashioned manners says that if the host requests something you comply. But I guess manners don't count for much anymore.

We've purchased two photos on Royal cruises. Both have us wearing jeans and jackets while getting off the ship in Alaska ports.

We bought other pictures from our first Disney cruise, but a 3 night doesn' thave formal night, so we weren't wearing formal clothes. The photographers came to the table and snapped the pictures. We didn't line up.

The clothes have nothing to do with the photographs.

I'm sad that so many think that formal clothes have to be uncomfortable! Find a nice suit/dress shop, find a great tailor, and get comfy AND formal clothing if you wish to get formal clothes! No reason to be uncomfortable just because you're dressed up.

Or insert the topic into threads about photographs.

The thread is about photographs AND formal attire. :)

I have two young boys. I need any excuse I can get to dress them in something other than T-shirts and gym pants. So yes, we dress up on dress up or not night on NCL and I love it! Sparkly dress and way too high heels for me, dress pants, shirts with buttons and ties for the boys, DH is in a dark suit.

On the photography issue, we have had some fantastic photos taken of our family by people who seemed to care about capturing us at our best. We now have a growing set of yearly photos of our family, which I'm sure will give me hours of pleasure reminiscing about the good old days when I'm retired!

It works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes because I've never, in the ten years we've been cruising, had a photo taken by the ships photographers, whether a formal portrait or any other kind. Each to their own but I loathe having my photo taken, wouldn't dream of submitting myself to it and *then* having to pay money for the result lol.

We always dress for formal night - I like dressing up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No.

Photographers or no photographers we pass on formal attire.

I agree with the above. I am not a member of a country club. I have never been a member of a country club. I have no desire to become a member of a country club. I do not wish to pretend to be a member of a country club.

I agree with the above. I am not a member of a country club. I have never been a member of a country club. I have no desire to become a member of a country club. I do not wish to pretend to be a member of a country club.

I was unaware that a country club membership was required for wanting to dress nicely every now and then...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was unaware that a country club membership was required for wanting to dress nicely every now and then...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can dress nicely without having to play dress up. I have no desire to relive my junior prom.

I can dress nicely without having to play dress up. I have no desire to relive my junior prom.

Anything intelligent to add, as opposed to those silly statements? :rolleyes: