Makeup/toiletry bags

ClassyGame

I have about ten various size toiletry bags that I have collected over the years. After I have determined what make-up and stuff I will be taking, I choose which bags will work. If I was starting from scratch, I would be getting these.

http://www.hsn.com/products/joy-mangano-biggest-better-beauty-case-3pc-birthday-set/7093463

I like the different sized zippered compartments.

Have to admit I keep a lot of it in zip lock bags to avoid a mess if anything breaks or opens. Good part about that is I can divide up the toiletries and fit them into different spaces in luggage and not have one big bag. I do keep make-up in a make-up bag, usually one that I get with one of the gifts from Estée Lauder. I was just looking at some packing cubes and did see a toiletry bag on ebags that I considered. I would check there or LLBean too.

This is the very best bag for packing! and the amount that it holds is unbelievable!

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638?productid=949939

I have 2 - one for make-up and one for other toiletries.

(My duaghter stole the first one I bought.)

I second this. We love our Ebags toiletry bags. Mine is a teal/aqua kind of color. Now they make a green which I would have LOVED had it been available when I got mine.

Edited by Athankfulheart

I have several bags. Last cruise I took a good sized generic toiletries bag - and it was a nightmare. No compartments meant that I had to constantly dump everything out to find an allergy pill or a hair elastic.

Next time I'll go back to the old standard Vera Bradley hanging organizer.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/hanging-organizer/moon-blooms/1000947_198228.uts?parentCategoryId=1088&subCategoryId=1148

I also carry a small makeup sized bag in my purse with essentials for travel day, and the liquids all go into a zip lock.

I also use Zip loks. That way I can see everything and easily get it. I have a ton of free bags from Sephora but I actually use those for underware and pack using the bundle method. The Sephora bag with the undies goes in the center of the bundle. I also bring a small drawstring bag also from Sephora on excursions for lip balm, suscreen, etc. I don't feel the need to buy a pricey toiletries bag. I have always found plenty of space in the bathrooms in the cabins.

I don't use a bag at all...I bought a small 3-drawer Sterlite storage container (Wal-mart!) and it holds all my stuff! Simply slip a large rubber band or hair band around it to keep the drawers from opening during travel! I keep it on my counter at home, everything I use is in it (a drawer for blush, eyeshadows, etc... a drawer for mascara, liners, lipsticks, and a drawer for brushes, eyelash curler, pencil sharpeners, tweezers, etc...

It's so much easier than digging through a bag, or forgetting to add something to the bag! Everything I use is right there, just like at home! And, no "unpacking" at your destination...just put it on the counter, and there....you're done!

I have about ten various size toiletry bags that I have collected over the years. After I have determined what make-up and stuff I will be taking, I choose which bags will work. If I was starting from scratch, I would be getting these.

http://www.hsn.com/products/joy-mangano-biggest-better-beauty-case-3pc-birthday-set/7093463

I like the different sized zippered compartments.

I have seen these on HSN a bunch of times and been very tempted to order. Glad I didn't. I saw one at Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon, and I really didn't like the "fabric" that they were made out of. It felt really plasticie. I still really like the idea of these bags, but would want the other surface made out of something else.

Lynda

I have seen these on HSN a bunch of times and been very tempted to order. Glad I didn't. I saw one at Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon, and I really didn't like the "fabric" that they were made out of. It felt really plasticie. I still really like the idea of these bags, but would want the other surface made out of something else.

Lynda

Awhile back, I had purchased these on HSN because they looked so perfect on tv. When they arrived, I knew I made a mistake and I sent them right back. I agree with you about the "fabric", too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I pack in a variety of cheap, thin bags. Favorites right now are cheap plastic mesh. Picked them up in San Francisco Chinatown, nested set of 4 for $1.

Problem with the toiletry kits is their weight. The one from ebags weighs 10oz.

I've been using the same one for 20 yrs and it is no longer available. It has 4 compartments and they are all see through when the bag is unzipped. It holds everything for both me and my husband (cosmetics, brushes, toiletries, implements, etc). I use a second bag with compartments for meds and over the counter drugs just in case.

I have a ziploc for liquids, a plastic zipped bag (from Samsonite - I've had forever and haven't seen another quite like it) if I need to check liquids, a small "standard" nylon dopp kit from eagle creek (I think I stole from my husband at some point) for non-liquid shower/bathroom stuff, then various small nylon bags (I have quite a few from lesportsac that come with the largers totes & duffels) for items by type - hair accessories, makeup, jewelry, office supplies etc. Easier for me to pack multiple small bags and I already have the bags, so might as well use them instead of a disposable option...

This is my dopp kit (or, very similar since mine is old) http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-specter-quick-trip/d/1245

Edited by Hoyaheel

I find that I need clear or net sections in these bags so I can see easily what's there, I also pack them flat ie unrolled as I find it's easier to pack the rest of my things in the case that way. It's good to hang in the bath room or even from a suction hook else where

Sandy in Spain

All toiletries other than make up go in zip loc bags. As soon as I unpack the clear over the door shoe holder goes up and everything goes into it for easy availability. I could not cruise comfortably without one anymore. I use one of the "free" bags I get from Clinique for my face make up.

My girls (4 of them) use the HSN bags when we travel. They use the smaller one for cosmetics and nail polishes and the larger one for toiletries. We occasionally only use the inside pouches. They love them and they have held up well. I like that the outside isn't "fabric" because they clean up much easier as they are. My husband and I share an ebags flat pack kit and my boys use one that I think was made by Travelon. The Travelon works for them because they don't bring much in the way of toiletries.

I also have a few different ones. I found some really cute ones from

Lesportsac on sale at Dillard's...they are cosmetic size....I found 2

different ones:) and have used them for my last couple of cruises:D

I also have some others too but I love Lesportsac...they have cute

prints and the nylon is lightweight and very sturdy.

I don't have any info for the bag situation BUT I see you are going on the FGL CRUISE!! LUCKY!!! Please come back on CC and do a review with lots of pictures! Have fun

Yes, I'm so excited! Although I've had some health issues pop up and I'm hoping I still get to go. But if I do, I'll definitely post a review! Sixthman puts on such great cruises. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I liked the thought of having a clear makeup bag, so I picked this one up on Amazon - just a Victoria's Secret bag from a couple seasons ago.

scw0hc.jpg

I'm still looking for a toiletries bag, but I really some of the hanging ones people have posted! So handy!

Edited by ClassyGame

Have to admit I keep a lot of it in zip lock bags to avoid a mess if anything breaks or opens. Good part about that is I can divide up the toiletries and fit them into different spaces in luggage and not have one big bag. I do keep make-up in a make-up bag, usually one that I get with one of the gifts from Estée Lauder. I was just looking at some packing cubes and did see a toiletry bag on ebags that I considered. I would check there or LLBean too.
That is exactly what I do :) I pack light and a bag full of stuff could be hard to fit in my carry-on luggage. Smaller bags can be tucked into shoes or small crevices. Everything in ziplocks!