2017 Rates- PRICEY!

packyourpixiedust

Where did you find the pricing for 2017. I couldn't find anything, or it could also be me.

Thanks,

Rachel

Well I did find some prices on their consumer site on my phone- although that appeared to not list all of the information. I looked this afternoon. The remainder, and entire itinerary I found on the site for TA's.

I booked the 14 night South America around the horn cruise for Jan 2017. Compared to the prices of 2015, it looks like it will only go up. We're doing the Concierge class (C3), it is pricey but with the perks it's only a $50 difference between a veranda.

2017, first half, Carib itins and others are up on Celeb website...most are same old itins, but no short Connie itins and one very interesting Mardi Gras western itin..,

most have higher prices but they are pushing inclusive perks...did not book anything....will wait to see if new ships are available for 2017...otherwise we'll pass for awhile...but as noted, prices will likely go up rather than down

We've booked Antarctica from Buenos Aires for Feb 2017 and, while the prices are up, cabin selection is what we wanted and the prices may come down later ... but if they don't, we have the cabin we wanted. Either way, we're happy.

Prices for the 14-day Antarctica in Concierge for 2015 are currently $2799, in 2016 - $6,049:eek:, and 2017 -$3,999:).

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

I noticed drastic price increase on some itineraries for 2016 and 2017. Usually I book something, but so far in advance without decent pricing , there is no advantage for me to book. 123 promo does not justify 20% increase on some cruises. I get prepaid gratuities anyway from my TA and I can get OBC from shareholding benefit. Beverage package does not interest me. I think I will experiment with booking after final payment. I have all 2015 booked up.

Will see if my gamble pays out.

Edited by ISABELLA

We've booked Antarctica from Buenos Aires for Feb 2017 and, while the prices are up, cabin selection is what we wanted and the prices may come down later ... but if they don't, we have the cabin we wanted. Either way, we're happy.

Prices for the 14-day Antarctica in Concierge for 2015 are currently $2799, in 2016 - $6,049:eek:, and 2017 -$3,999:).

Cheers!

historically, the south america cruises have only gone up...so booking them early is a good idea. Of course, if the prices go down, you can cancel and rebook or just get the price adjusted. Little to lose by booking early other than tying up your deposit..but in many cases the deposit is only 50% of the normal deposit.

There aren't a great number of options for the antarctica....so book it now and see what happens. It's a little different for those in the UK/Europe where they might lose their deposits...but you seem to be in Arizona so cancellation before final payment date costs nothing.

Edited by ghstudio

I was looking at the prices for 2016 and 2017 and made the comment to my wife that we may not be sailing anymore because of the prices. We have 4 more cruises booked thru Sept 2106 with Celebrity and will probably transfer two of them but we are really considering just canceling and taking the loss of deposit if we have to. We just completed a cruise and it is losing its luster due to many reasons. With all of the changes, and cutbacks we feel that our dollars can be better spent elsewhere.

Just our feelings and opinions that really don't mean much.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I think you are not alone in your opinion. The quality of Celeb is still very good...but the new all inc perks pricing means other options could easily offer a better value for us...

We have 3 booked through fall 2016 and will reassess anything new...would be interested in booking one of the new X ships...but may have a long wait for that

Cheers!

We have also booked this cruise. I stayed up late to book it. We have Aqua 1140 and 1138. It would be cheaper to travel in 2015 but we are off to China then

Chris

We spend winters in Tucson

Interesting how Celebrity is raising prices by adding products/services which may not be wanted by all passengers to book a cabin category.

We sailed to Antarctica and it was a great cruise. Hope everyone has a great sailing. We missed Elephant Island and Falklands though due to weather. We enjoyed snow one morning while sailing. Antarctica was a National Geographic Day.

Edited by shipshape sam

I was looking at the rates on a penthouse suite on a TA and from the day that it came out to about a week later the price jumped 4000.00

Michael :cool:

Anyone else noticing the rates for 2017 are pricey?!!?! I was pleased to notice the pricing and itineraries were out. But man- it is expensive!

Lots of inclusions for concierge and above, but you are paying for them! On the other hand the cabin selection is pretty amazing right now! :)

We have also booked this cruise. I stayed up late to book it. We have Aqua 1140 and 1138. It would be cheaper to travel in 2015 but we are off to China then

Chris

We spend winters in Tucson

So, are you in Tucson now?:)

I was able to book Antarctica 2017 as soon as it was available and also got the 1-2-3-Go for our Concierge Cabin so, we thought, the price turned out to be pretty good.:D

You can join the roll call for this cruise here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133933

Enjoy China!

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

I was looking at the rates on a penthouse suite on a TA and from the day that it came out to about a week later the price jumped 4000.00

Michael :cool:

A similar thing happened when the 2015/16 season cruises were released. The price of our PH in the Caribbean went up by over 9% within two weeks of the cruises opening. I noticed [then] that some cruise prices started high and others more "reasonable". The "reasonable" prices then increased quickly. Since then, for the cruises I have been watching, the prices of the RS and PH stayed high.

Prices for the 2016/17 Caribbean cruises appear to have been in line with the higher prices of the 2015/16 cruises. Again, this is only for the cruises I have been looking at and for RS and PH.

Perhaps Celebrity experimented last year with higher prices for the new suite perks. When those prices held up, they are doing the same with other categories with the 123 perks. Just my theory.

2017, first half, Carib itins and others are up on Celeb website...most are same old itins, but no short Connie itins and one very interesting Mardi Gras western itin..,

most have higher prices but they are pushing inclusive perks...did not book anything....will wait to see if new ships are available for 2017...otherwise we'll pass for awhile...but as noted, prices will likely go up rather than down

They've already said, no new ships until 2018. Doubt it will be earlier as these launches are scheduled well in advanced based on yard space and in general only get pushed back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

We booked the Carnivale 2017 cruise for 2017 and its $2200 less than 2016 and we get the 123go inclusive, think we booked when we should! And we are doing 3 B2Bs and got the same cabin so couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by davwen81

Interesting how Celebrity is raising prices by adding products/services which may not be wanted by all passengers to book a cabin category.

And for those of us that prefer to book inside cabins the prices have increased and come without extra benefits......