Is there no more Code Orange?

djhsolara

We just boarded Eurodam and are completely serving ourselves in the Lido. Have they lightened the Code Orange as they had been doing for years?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We had no code orange on our August Eurodam cruise. I was surprised as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nothing on either segment of the Atlantic Adventurer on the Maasdam - the very first day, there was a sign up warning of the "Code Orange", but everything was out as normal. They weren't fussing about the hand sanitizer, either.

The one thing I won't miss about Code Orange is the beverage line in the Lido. Waiting to get something to drink took forever!

I would imagine that there was some evidence or proof that Code Orange didn't make that big of a difference when it came to noro outbreak prevention. At least I HOPE that's the reason it appears to have been discontinued!

The one thing I won't miss about Code Orange is the beverage line in the Lido. Waiting to get something to drink took forever!

I would imagine that there was some evidence or proof that Code Orange didn't make that big of a difference when it came to noro outbreak prevention. At least I HOPE that's the reason it appears to have been discontinued!

I agree with you.

Those lines to get water or coffee or tea, etc., were terrible.

On the Noordam in Nov/De and watched the Lido staff swap out serving utensils and wipe down counters every 10-15 minutes for at least the 1st 2 days. Asked a Lido supervisor that we knew from a previous cruise about this and he said that they received so many complaints about code orange, they were trying this to see what happens. He also mentioned it seemed to be working out okay.

Nothing on either segment of the Atlantic Adventurer on the Maasdam - the very first day, there was a sign up warning of the "Code Orange", but everything was out as normal. They weren't fussing about the hand sanitizer, either.

Also on this B2B those on the first leg did not have to go to muster on the second leg

On our Sept/October Westerdam b2b we had no code orange but we did have to do both muster drills.

Hoping that goes ship wide. We did have to go on our September/October cruise on the Prinsendam. Would love to skip it on the Westerdam:D

As to the code orange. On the Prinsendam, I noticed the first two days in the Lido it was the packets of salt, pepper, sugar, etc. But we could help ourselves. As others noted, they were cleaning, exchanging tongs, etc. It made things a lot smoother and I was pleasantly surprised.

With at least two segments on our upcoming cruise, I will be really happy if we don't have to worry about three code oranges:) I know, I'm selfish, sorry:p