Recommendations for hotels in Sydney

Hi Disco Duck,

In January of this year we stayed at Pier One Sydney Harbour. We had their Heritage Room and it was perfect. It was a very easy walk to the Overseas Passenger Terminal to board the Diamond Princess and we are also staying again next month for our cruise. Our room was spotless and the staff were absolutely amazing - we were even offered a glass of 'bubbles' when we were checking in.

http://www.pieronesydneyharbour.com.au

Hope that helps.

Vicki :-)

Depends on your length of stay. Any more than a few days I would suggest you look for an apartment many of which are similar in price to a good hotel room. Just Google Sydney accommodation and fine tune it to Circular Quay or The Rocks area. Heaps to choose from that suit all budgets.

PS When you narrow your search down check on Trip Advisor or even start your search on it.

Edited by happysnapper

We enjoy the Four Seasons at Circular Quay - very easy walk partly undercover to the ship.

Also stayed at the Marriott near the quay & a little further up the road the Radisson Blu Plaza which were both nice.

Depends on how much you are willing to spend for proximity to Circular Quay & what sort of hotel appeals to you, but if you book ahead you can often get very good rates for most of the hotels on one of the many online booking sites. :)

Depends on your budget and length of stay.

pier 1 (mentioned above is nice, but expensive).

Park Hyatt is even nicer but $$$$:eek:.

we like Holiday Inn the Rocks, the night before we sail, it's right opposite the OPT.

Some nice ones around at Darling Harbour.

Four Seasons is good too.

Thank you so much for all these great ideas. We booked a few weeks ago at the Pier One. We decided to stay another day and when I went into change the date the price jumped an additional $400. I thought I was seeing things. I have been looking at the apartments also but I read that if the person you write to wants you to send them money via Western Union not do to it. It might be a scam. I found a really nice one and that is what the person wanted me to do so I never wrote back to them. I would hate to get to Sydney and find out that we don't have a room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Totally agree about the Western Union. Scammers heaven. I don't know why they continue to operate like that.

Any reputable apartments will have normal payment facilities. The nice one you saw probably stole the photos from someone else. Accommodation search websites will have apartments listed.

Edited by goodycruising

Western Union need to make some changes.

We've used them to send money OS when we knew the recipient.

It's when you don't know the person on the other end that it's an issue, once they pick the cash up you have no recourse if they're a sham.

In a nutshell a Goid way to send money as long as you have trust in the recipient if you don't know them.... No way.

Thank you so much for all these great ideas. We booked a few weeks ago at the Pier One. We decided to stay another day and when I went into change the date the price jumped an additional $400. I thought I was seeing things. I have been looking at the apartments also but I read that if the person you write to wants you to send them money via Western Union not do to it. It might be a scam. I found a really nice one and that is what the person wanted me to do so I never wrote back to them. I would hate to get to Sydney and find out that we don't have a room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Out of curiosity can I ask how much Pier One was, even never seen it much under $400 a night.

Great Hotel, great location, high price.

Well, we've booked an ensuite double room at the Sydney Harbour YHA for $188....

Not swish, but neat, tidy and close....

Nothing wrong with YHA, got a friend in her 70s stays in them all over the world.

A Goid position in The Rocks too, if that's the one you're at.

Disco Duck - I'm sure you will not be disappointed in Pier One, we really enjoyed it at our last stay and we are there again next Month. Mr Gut, we paid $330.00 for their Heritage Room, which I thought was fairly reasonable, given it's location.

Have a wonderful cruise Disco Duck!

Vicki.

Disco Duck - I'm sure you will not be disappointed in Pier One, we really enjoyed it at our last stay and we are there again next Month. Mr Gut, we paid $330.00 for their Heritage Room, which I thought was fairly reasonable, given it's location.

Have a wonderful cruise Disco Duck!

Vicki.

That's a great price.

Never seen one that good there.

Depends on your budget and length of stay.

pier 1 (mentioned above is nice, but expensive).

Park Hyatt is even nicer but $$$$:eek:.

we like Holiday Inn the Rocks, the night before we sail, it's right opposite the OPT.

Some nice ones around at Darling Harbour.

Four Seasons is good too.

Hi Gut2407, we have booked the Holiday Inn at the rocks, for our Golden to Asia. Is it easy walking from the Hotel to the OPT with a suitcase each? Thanks Barb.

Well, we've booked an ensuite double room at the Sydney Harbour YHA for $188....

Not swish, but neat, tidy and close....

We've booked the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport for $152.. We fly in late, I thought it'd be best to just go to bed and then get the train direct to Circular Quay from Mascot in the morning, rather than muck around with travelling late at night.

Hi Gut2407, we have booked the Holiday Inn at the rocks, for our Golden to Asia. Is it easy walking from the Hotel to the OPT with a suitcase each? Thanks Barb.

G'day Barb

Literally across the road maybe 50 yards down George Street to the entry road then about another 50-100 yards down to the terminal.

I spent five years in a wheelchair (been out about a year) have real mobility issues, and can do it, so I suspect you will have no problems at all.

AND if you want you can go up on the roof of the hotel, or over the road and watch your ship arrive in the morning before you embark.

We have already booked for December, and may yet book for February.

We've booked the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport for $152.. We fly in late, I thought it'd be best to just go to bed and then get the train direct to Circular Quay from Mascot in the morning, rather than muck around with travelling late at night.

Your plan will work and it is easier for you. Besides it is cheaper than in the Sydney's quay area anyway

Edited by MicCanberra

When we got in on Radiance last year we decided to stay a couple of days in Sydney before flying home. I grew up there and have been back and forth over the years. We could not change the flights but was shocked at the prices for accommodation.

I ended up joining AirBnB and had a look there. Ended up in a great place. We had a very nicely furnished flat with Bedroom, Bathroom/Laundry, Lounge and Kitchen in a heritage listed house. They picked us up and dropped us to the airport. A great breakfast was included. All this for two nights at a cost less than one night in a small room.

When we got in on Radiance last year we decided to stay a couple of days in Sydney before flying home. I grew up there and have been back and forth over the years. We could not change the flights but was shocked at the prices for accommodation.

I ended up joining AirBnB and had a look there. Ended up in a great place. We had a very nicely furnished flat with Bedroom, Bathroom/Laundry, Lounge and Kitchen in a heritage listed house. They picked us up and dropped us to the airport. A great breakfast was included. All this for two nights at a cost less than one night in a small room.

Nice score.:D