WIFI on Caribbean Princess

pcsunlover

Can anyone who has recently sailed on the Caribbean Princess tell me if they had Wifi in the cabin, and if so, what cabin were you in? We recently sailed in C706 with no wifi and are currently booked in March in C5xx area.. We need access during the cruise without having to go to the internet cafe if possible.

I will switch cabins if necessary but prefer not to switch ships unless I have too.

Thanks for your input!

All cabins have WiFi and have for many years. However, sometimes, if you use the Internet during peak times, it's difficult to get a signal. Two suggestions: use your computer or device before 7:30am, during dinner time or late at night. Open your cabin door. Often, that helps boost the signal.

If you're using Skype or other apps/programs that hog bandwidth, chances are you won't be able to use them.

We had C238 in August and did not have any problems getting a WIFI signal in our cabin. When we had a cabin that had difficulty getting a signal, I ended up taking my laptop to the atrium area to check emails and Cruise Critic. Early mornings were the best time to get a faster connection.

They are currently installing a better quality WiFi on the Princess Ships.They where rewiring the ship on our last cruise in Sept 2014.

That's good to hear. We just disembarked the Caribbean on 12/8. I hope the wiring will be updated between now and March.

We had C238 in August and did not have any problems getting a WIFI signal in our cabin. When we had a cabin that had difficulty getting a signal, I ended up taking my laptop to the atrium area to check emails and Cruise Critic. Early mornings were the best time to get a faster connection.

I'm hoping that we will have an easier time connecting in our cabin in March because we are more midship. My husband will need to connect to work several times and I need to be able to keep in touch with an ailing elderly parent and a pregnant daughter. It's just so much nicer and more convenient to connect quickly in the cabin rather than hauling our stuff to the atrium.

I need to be able to keep in touch with an ailing elderly parent and a pregnant daughter. It's just so much nicer and more convenient to connect quickly in the cabin rather than hauling our stuff to the atrium.

You have my sympathies. :( I've been there. I use my iPhone for email now and it works just fine in the cabin, where ever I've been. I don't mind sitting in the atrium for awhile either.

I'm hoping that we will have an easier time connecting in our cabin in March because we are more midship.

Being mid-ship is not what is required. How close your cabin is to the device (or similar one) shown below on the hallway ceiling is what matters.

100_2725052311Internetsignalrepeaterondeck12hallwayceiling_zpsd070f0d4.jpg

Being mid-ship is not what is required. How close your cabin is to the device (or similar one) shown below on the hallway ceiling is what matters.

100_2725052311Internetsignalrepeaterondeck12hallwayceiling_zpsd070f0d4.jpg

Ugh, I wish I would have known that before we left the ship last Monday. I would have checked to see if it was anywhere near the cabin we have booked.

I must say, we really missed the upgraded technology that was on our Royal Princess cruise last March!

We were in c234 two weeks ago. They have princess@sea that worked well. Had the best WiFi ever on a princess cruise. I was surprised at the download speeds. Better in the morning than afternoon as usual. First time I didn't use all my time. We were also on in September and it was bad. Remarkable improvement.

All cabins have WiFi and have for many years. However, sometimes, if you use the Internet during peak times, it's difficult to get a signal.

I think it is extremely unlikely that a router / access point would

run out of dhcp addresses to serve you. One would build their

network configuration to prevent that.

In my opinion, 'peak time' has no effect on connecting to wi-fi. It does, of course, affect what you can do once you connect.

As others have mentioned, opening your cabin door can help.

A cabin I had on coral was next to an electrical closet. Something

would turn on or off from time to time, and create so much noise

the it overwhelmed the wifi.

In the hallway, the access point was at least 15 cabins away.

In my opinion, 'peak time' has no effect on connecting to wi-fi. It does, of course, affect what you can do once you connect.

I have had times where a message appeared saying there were too many users to be able to connect me to the ship's internet and to try again later.