What show would you like to see on board?

Duke Mazer

Ok, I think the general consensus, seeing that half the people don't make it past intermission is that CATS is a bust on a Oasis.

so was thinking for fun....

What would you like to see? Suggestions for Ovation and Harmony of the Seas.

I'd LOVE to see "Les Mis".

How about you?

I like your Les Mis idea.

Les Mis is too long. If you think people are walking out of CATS, they would run out of Les Mis. I think an abridged version of Chicago would be good.

Sue

Edited by shofer

I love broadway plays, but they lost me afters 15 minute of Jellicle cats. Could not understand a thing. I think it can be a bit long as long as it has a good plot and good tunes.

Best time I had on broadway was seeing Avenue Q right after they won the Tony. BUT I think the show may be a bit risky for general public and kids might want to see and it's for sure not PG.

They need to be shows that are not very recent, medium casts, and that are accessible (Mamma Mia and Abba, Hairspray/Chicago and the Films).

I think that "All Shook Up" would be a great choice. It is a Shakespearean story with all Elvis music. It is fast paced, humorous, has great dance numbers (Elvis), and is above all fun!

I also think that Grease would be a good choice.

Edited by NicNac4498

Book of Mormon and Jersey Boys would be great. Though of course I know Book would probably not go over so well with parents with younger kids, and I'm not sure about Jersey Boys

Book of Mormon is still selling out on Broadway with little to no discounts, successfully running in London, as well as two national tours. As much as I would love to see it onboard it will not happen for many years. Same with Wicked.

Edited by NicNac4498

Jersey Boys would be awesome for a cruise show. Such fun and upbeat music. We saw a headline act on the Voyager several years ago called "The Unexpected Boys", a Jersey Boys type show and it was great.

I love Les Mis and the other musicals mentioned but I prefer shorter shows on a cruise.

I can not believe Cats is on the Oasis and we are sailing her for the first time this December. Hope they change it by then. We walked out of it on Broadway and from what I read, lots of people leave at intermission on Royal too. What a poor choice.

Book of Mormon and Wicked would be great to see on a ship!

Book of Mormon is hilarous, but if they are trying to attract families, then this is not a good choice. (Likewise, I don't think Chicago is a good choice for Allure). So somethign family friendly. The currently selected Hairspray and Mamma Mia are great. Perhaps Wicked although I think it might be too complex for a cruise ship with the set and costumes.

PS - I agree that although Cats is family friendly, it's not the most exciting musical.

Edited by LuCruise

Although it seems most replies to this thread are focusing on the 'Broadway type' shows that are a feature on the Oasis class ships....my reply is much more basic.

I would like a good magician. On our recent Indy cruise, when we knew that the entertainer was going to be a juggler, we did not go to see him. People the next day, said he was good.....but I have seen enough jugglers in my life.

A magician will always amaze me....and there are tons of different types of magic tricks, that it 'for me' would never get old.