What show would you like to see on board?

Duke Mazer

Book of Mormon would need to be severely edited and revised to make it on a ship. I think Phantom has an abridged version, like somebody said Jersey Boys does. Those two would be popular choices, I think.

A more "gettable" show that I haven't seen mentioned is Legally Blonde. That's a pretty harmless musical with some catchy songs and that people know the story from the movie.

Edited by Alter Ego

Book of Mormon would need to be severely edited and revised to make it on a ship. I think Phantom has an abridged version, like somebody said Jersey Boys does. Those two would be popular choices, I think.

A more "gettable" show that I haven't seen mentioned is Legally Blonde. That's a pretty harmless musical with some catchy songs and that people know the story from the movie.

Legally Blonde is currently onboard the NCL Getaway

Jersey Boys would be awesome for a cruise show. Such fun and upbeat music. We saw a headline act on the Voyager several years ago called "The Unexpected Boys", a Jersey Boys type show and it was great.

Agree with an upbeat show like Jersey Boys. We saw "The Unexpected Boys" on a recent cruise ( I think it was the NYE Freedom) and enjoyed it very much.

M

Jersey Boys.

I think Jersey Boys would be a great show for a ship - also I think they should be able to do something with the music and songs from Phantom of the Opera, great music. When everyone pretty much knows the story line it could be shortened and show the best parts and best songs. I would love either one. :D

A good Rock and Roll oldies show would be great.

We saw the Princess show "On the Bayou" and while it is specific to Princess, I have to say it was one of the better shows I have seen on a cruise ship. It would be nice if RCI would create more original shows.

Sue

A good Rock and Roll oldies show would be great.

We saw the Princess show "On the Bayou" and while it is specific to Princess, I have to say it was one of the better shows I have seen on a cruise ship. It would be nice if RCI would create more original shows.

Sue

Royal has many production shows that are done by their entertainment cast that are terrific. We just did an Indy cruise where they had three productions shows that were very entertaining.

On Her Majesty last November they had "Boogie Wonderland", which is very good as well.

Edited by Paulette3028

Agree, it needs to be upbeat and entertaining and it probably also needs to be something that can be staged in the 1 1/2 hour time range. I would favor "Little Shop of Horrors" or "Forever Plaid". Think they both fit the bill.

Edited by Don Pedro

I don't see how a play like Avenue Q or Book of Mormon would be appropriate on the ship. They need to select ones that don't offend certain demographics or appeal to families. (at least be PG-13!)

I think they need to go back a few decades and find something from the Classic Broadway era! I'm a little tired of all the movie remakes or band/genre compilation musicals on Broadway.

Book of Mormon would be perfect :)! (No way on earth, of course!)

My wife and I see a lot of Broadway shows when we can, although we've seen most of the newer musicals. Most just really wouldn't fit on a cruise ship.

Jersey Boys would probably work pretty well. A Chorus Line for something older.

It's way too new, and selling out most shows, but in 2-3 years or so, the funniest play I've seen in a loooooooong time: A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. Original, funny, generally simple staging, and did I say funny!

(Of course, I'm of the age that saw Cats! when it was new. And still like it, even though I probably wouldn't go see it again.)

I think that Stomp would be perfect for a cruise. It appeals to all ages, and each scene is totally different. I've seen a lot of shows in Chicago, and only Stomp and The Book of Mormon are two that I could see over and over again.

We loved the performance by The Unexpected Boys a few years ago. As a Jersey Boys type performance it was extremely well received! We also loved Forever Plaid as it has great music, humour and some audience participation. We were one of the couples on the Oasis that left Cats at intermission. It was not enjoyable for us. I had seen Cats many years ago and loved it. This was definitely not the same. In my opinion, shows with beloved music such as The Four Seasons, Abba, Beach Boys, Beatles, Elvis, to name a few, would make for excellent shows. Add comedy and it would be a hit! IMHO

Cheers, Betty