Cabana rental Grand Turk

bunchesofun

I am still confused. The description reads as if per cabana but when you add it to your cart, all guest names come up and it appears to be priced per head. I am sorry. I am dense. Can someone spell this out for me? 129 per cabana, or 129 x 4 for all of us to use it?

Per cabana. Just pick one person's name to put it under. It is worth every penny. You can lock it so when you go to the beach or in the pool you don't have to worry about your stuff. Our waiter was great and was always available. You just push a button and he was there. Food is pricey but if you've eaten at a Margaretaville before, you know what you're getting.

We have one on our upcoming cruise, not that it is used much but we like to lock our things up and walk around the port area and like to eat our lunch in it because it can be quit hot and humid in Grand Turk. It is also great for ordering drinks since the bars get quite full with the cruise gang. We always get off early so that we can choose which one we want. Price is per cabana

We always rent a cabana at Grand Turk. As stated above, the price is per cabana, and you pick it when you get there. FYI - there are only 10 cabanas, with # 1 being closest to the swim up bar, and #10 being closest to the Flowrider and beach.

Jamman is the GT and HMC cabana expert! :D :cool:OP, you are going to LOVE Grand Turk. We have been there 1/2 dozen times. Have never rented a cabana, preferring to go back and forth from beach to pool, but it's the greatest place! BON VOYAGE! We are going back again in May. Can't wait! :p

I am going on the Splendor in June- the cabana's are sold out for GT and Half moon already:( I did the cabana in GT as my sister just finished chemo/radiation and couldn't be in the sun. It was definitely worth it. There was 8 of us and we just paid for 1.

Thanks for all the info. I hadn't even seen the cabanas for GT before yesterday but we have one rented for HMC. So I went ahead and booked one for GT. I think just being able to lock up your stuff would almost make it worth it. We never get to all go in the water at the same time because someone has to watch our "stuff". Plus being able to buzz for drinks or food when we want it.

We are going to Grand Turk for the first time in November. I know about the cabanas at Half Moon Cay but didn't know they had them in Grand Turk.

Can anyone please tell me about GrandTurk and what all there is to do?

Give me reasons why we should rent a cabana and maybe reasons why we shouldn't?

There will be about 10 of us including kids - would we all be able to use the cabana? I'm sure the kids will stay in the water the majority of the time.

Thanks in advance.

We are going to Grand Turk for the first time in November. I know about the cabanas at Half Moon Cay but didn't know they had them in Grand Turk.

There will be about 10 of us including kids - would we all be able to use the cabana? I'm sure the kids will stay in the water the majority of the time.

Thanks in advance.

I have extensive segments about Grand Turk in my 8/13 Splendor and 8/14 Liberty reviews which contain many photos and should answer most of your questions. The links are in my signature.

I have extensive segments about Grand Turk in my 8/13 Splendor and 8/14 Liberty reviews which contain many photos and should answer most of your questions. The links are in my signature.

Thanks Jamman - I love to read your reviews anyway and I'll definitely check these out!

Thanks in advance.

In the ports of call board there is a section dedicated to all things GT, great information there.

The cabanas there surround the pool, if you are beach people they are of little use to you since you have to constantly walk back and forth.

We thought about getting one (we did in HMC-totally worth it) but were glad we didn't in GT. We spent maybe an hour at the pool and easily found chairs in the shade. Later headed for the beach for water play and exploring. Also went to Jack's Shack for food and hung out there for several hours while our kids played in the sand and surf right in front with the island dog.

Oh you aren't technically supposed to have over 4 in a cabana, and you wouldn't fit comfortably anyway. However if you're just planning to store people's stuff it's not really a big deal.

Edited by Lerin

Thanks in advance.

We've rented a cabana in Grand Turk several times. Well worth the money especially if you have a group. The cabanas are much nicer than the ones on HMC because they lock and are fully air conditioned. There are three sofas in there so they will definitely accomodate 6-8 people comfortably. We always sail with a group of friends and family and have never had less than 12 in our group so we split the cost and just rotate going in there. Its great for storing your stuff or getting the kids out of the sun for a bit. We also pack our own water and pop (from stash we brought onto the ship) in a small collapsible cooler and drink that inside of the cabana.

• 2 weeks later...
There is no problem sharing with other family and friends? That would make it very reasonable. It would be great to be able to leave our belongings locked up while we are all in the water together.

You can absolutely share a cabana.

One of the couples with whom we cruised and we rented a cabana on Grand Turk. I was not excited about it at first. But when we arrived, we realized how convenient it was. We were steps from the pool and a very short walk from the beach. We were given one key, which was on a ring and had a safety pin on it so one of us could attach it to our bathing suit. We loved being able to lock up our stuff while we enjoyed the pool. When we wanted shade, there was more than enough room for the four of us. When were ready for a drink or food, we just pushed a button inside the door frame and our server came to take our orders.

I wouldn't hesitate to book another cabana next time we go to GT.

I am so tempted to book one of these ... if I do but then decide no... can I cancel online?

Yes, when you book it will appear on your "manage my account" at the bottom of the page. There is a cancel option

We have ours booked for May cruise, air-conditioned so great to eat lunch in, we have even had one of the guys take a nap on the couch. Love the little button that summons the waiter, who delivered our drinks in the pool as the swim up bar was packed and you can lock everything up and check out the port stores. We had our own shower so we could get the sand off after we ventured down to Jack's Shack for a drink