Royal not won't honor web site price

t18c97

Thanks to all for checking. I've sent a note to my TA to see if I can call in directly about this, or do I need to go through her? Used to Disney where if you have a TA on the reservation you can't talk to them about changes. Besides calling the number on the web site anyone have a number for customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What about calling CA maybe they will help? Tell them you want to upgrade to JS because you are so psyched to get next tier. Website says it's X price can you do it for me or get a 3 way call with sales rep?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I can't seem to find this anywhere, but are drink packages refundable if you pre-purchased them? I know they aren't onboard, but like if I needed to cancel the cruise, could I get my money back?

The 30% off the refreshment package is very appealing to me, but I don't want to pre-purchase if it's not refundable. Anything could happen and I don't want to lose $162 (9 Day) for nothing.

Thank you. :)

You can cancel for a full refund up to 3 days before cruise. Just cancelled our drink packages for Nov and repurchased under the new promo and saved $50.

I see what you're saying. I also come up with the $3,139.08 price when not logged in; the details show:

Sea Class - Junior Balcony Suite $5,168.00

Deck 12 , Room 12226 Edit

2 adults View Pricing by Guest

Instant Savings-$50.00

Special Resident Rates-$2,202.00

PAYMENT SUMMARY

Subtotal: $2,916.00

Taxes & Fees $223.08

Total$3,139.08

It is entirely possible there is a Florida resident sale on this sailing (due to a large number of cabins still available), but the website is just incorrectly applying that pricing to every cabin.

Unfortunately since you're using a travel agent, you'll have to use them. You cannot talk directly to Royal. I would take a screen shot of what you're seeing and email it to your TA. At least they will have some proof to offer Royal. I might also see if your TA will do a 3-way conference so you can plead your case directly.

Personally, I would book the JS GTY for a few hundred bucks less (although this also shows the "Special Resident Rate"). Once assigned a room, you can always move within the category if you don't like your position. But since they're all mid-ship, there's not really a terrible location, except maybe on 14.

This happened to me before on a balcony room and when you go to make the payment it cancels out and returns you to main page. I called, they weren't getting that price or error. I tried repeatedly to book it but it failed and returned me to home page every time after entering credit card payment and hitting pay. I couldn't get that price through a TA, through Royal or on my own. It was a glitch that was infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is happening on several sailings. I just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite from a Grand Suite on the Oct 31 Freedom sailing and there was a different price on my ta site and royal.

I also see it on the Oasis 12/18 sailing I am looking at. When it shows on the Royal website it will have the lower price, but when you go all the way through it takes off the resident discount when finalizing the booking.

My TA was able to see the lower price on his website and honored it for the Freedom sailing.

You can always screenshot everything and email micheal bayley and someone in his office will review it.

This is what I would do as well.

There are a lot of screwups on the pricing with their system. That 12/18 OA sailing show a D6 for $617 and when you follow thru the total price including the balcony discount totals out to over $1800:eek:

When I called them it was $1375.

I've also noticed some crazy things on the website when doing sample bookings like a FOS 8-night cruise on 2/18/17 (for 2 people):

Choose Stateroom tab: $1,314 + 104.47 = 1,418.47 pp (E3 balcony)

Ship Location tab: Mid (no price change)

Choose deck tab: Deck 7 (no price change)

Choose room tab : 7270 (no price change)

Guest info tab: price jumps to $1,913 + 104.47 = $2,017.47 pp (increase of $600 per person) - what the heck??

Very glitchy or very deceptive website which will likely turn off many that aren't already very loyal to RCI...

Here are a list of the states and provinces included in the resident sale:

WY, KS, IA, IN, ID, HI, DE, CT, CO, AR, AZ, AL, AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA,WV, WI

I logged in without putting in any state, just looking at various rate codes. This is what you get when I click on the residency discount.

I'm in NJ, so this price is not available to me personally. Not sure what state you live in so if you're not in one that is listed above, you're not eligible.

I called in and went through the prompts saying I booked through a travel agent. She went through the pricing and came up with the same number I did and doesn't see any requirement for state residency. I'm back with my TA to see if she can force the issue.

Thanks for all the folks trying to see what they get. Helpful to know that it's not my computer or something I'm doing wrong to get this pricing.

WY, KS, IA, IN, ID, HI, DE, CT, CO, AR, AZ, AL, AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NT, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA,WV, WI

I logged in without putting in any state, just looking at various rate codes. This is what you get when I click on the residency discount.

I'm in NJ, so this price is not available to me personally. Not sure what state you live in so if you're not in one that is listed above, you're not eligible.

Is this on Espresso? If not, how did you see this?

This has happened on the TA I am on in November also. I call it Cruise Line Math. When you do a dummy booking it starts off looking good and then at final billing there is huge jump in price. Makes no sense, Same as the specialty restaurant package they offered. Small discount for early booking that magically disappears when you actually book it. The have some serious problems in there promotional department that need to be addressed, and soon.

Dave

this is happening on several sailings. I just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite from a Grand Suite on the Oct 31 Freedom sailing and there was a different price on my ta site and royal.

I also see it on the Oasis 12/18 sailing I am looking at. When it shows on the Royal website it will have the lower price, but when you go all the way through it takes off the resident discount when finalizing the booking.

My TA was able to see the lower price on his website and honored it for the Freedom sailing.

You can always screenshot everything and email micheal bayley and someone in his office will review it.

Sorry to get off topic here but, if you are on the FOS this year (October 30, 2016), join us on our informal roll call and meet a lot of fun folks!!;)

Just go here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2194959&page=33

See prior response for details. Pricing I get is $2,916+$223.08=$3,139.08. When TA called RCCL she was told the correct price is $3,804.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just did a dummy booking for this cruise and a JS Guarantee is $2,893.08 total :)

This has happened on the TA I am on in November also. I call it Cruise Line Math. When you do a dummy booking it starts off looking good and then at final billing there is huge jump in price. Makes no sense, Same as the specialty restaurant package they offered. Small discount for early booking that magically disappears when you actually book it. The have some serious problems in there promotional department that need to be addressed, and soon.

Dave

OK, what is the final billing? This pricing still shows up to the page where you enter your credit card information, I'm not going to go any further then that.

In my previous experience with this issue, after you do take that step and enter payment details, it acts as though it is processing and then it errors out returning you to the home page. Won't let you book it. Nothing gets billed/charged. When I called TA or Royal directly , they couldn't get that price. I couldn't get the price with my screenshot of the total either. Hope you do better, and let us know if you do [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming the OP's profile is correct, they are not eligible for this promotion either. It appears the price is good for all states/provinces except those that Royal sails from. Interesting.....

Looks like RCCL finally fixed their web site. My TA said she booked someone else today got one rate and then a little while later got e-mail from RCCL saying price incorrect, you own more money.

My TA said she booked someone else today got one rate and then a little while later got e-mail from RCCL saying price incorrect, you own more money.

wow, I didn't think they would do that.

I've seen quite a few glitches posted over the years, and very rarely do they seem to call you back and increase the price.

Edited by marci22

wow, I didn't think they would do that.

I've seen quite a few glitches posted over the years, and very rarely do they seem to call you back and increase the price.

This is what my TA said:

I had a client booked earlier today with the resident rate on this sailing that did qualify, and I just got an updated confirmation with a higher price stating they were ineligible. I contacted RCL and they corrected it once confirming he was eligible, but it would appear they have caught the error and are now going back over reservations made.

Just bad customer service.