How Do you Book Your Cruises

worldchallenge

I was thinking of booking a cruise directly off the Carnival website. as It gives out a good deal when I put in the details etc.

I like to ask what other methods have you all booked your cruises from?

Best Deals etc?

thanks

I usually find what I think I want online and then call the cruiseline to ask if there are any sales/deals I'm not seeing and double check my cabin location and book with them.

I always use one of the large online travel agents because they include some onboard credits, in my case $100-$300 per cabin while matching the price offered by the cruiseline.

I have read some comments from your fellow Canadians who have reported using a U.S.-based online TA to get on board credits, which apparently are not offered by Canadian TAs (?)

I should note that we are low-maintenance cruisers and are well-experienced. We do not need a TA to virtually "hold our hands" during the process and we never have any special requests. Basically for us it's: 1)book a cruise, 2) pay for it, then 3) take the cruise, with no need to contact the TA after step 1. We all have different situations.

We have been using the same local travel agent since we started cruising.

When a cruise line informed us that they sold our cabin twice and the cruise line asked if we would change our date we said no. Long story short with her help cruise line changed us from a 7 day cruise to a FREE 10 day cruise in same region of travel. We told her we would not accept the cruise lines FREE 10 day cruise without the cruise line giving us OBC. She went back to cruise line and got us the 10 day FREE cruise with OBC.

How many internet or cruise based order takers would have done that for you?

We have always used a local TA but this year after being on a cruise in June and hearing about all the fantastic deals that everyone else was getting apart from us we are going to look on-line for a US TA for our next cruise. We aren't allowed to make any changes after our final payment etc and get no OBC but I realise now American passengers can make changes ie upgrrades after final payment.

Archived