How tight is 6 people (4adults and 2kids) will it be in a Dawn SJ?

Jrw118

I have a SJ suite booked for my family of 4 and I am considering adding my inlaws to make it 6 people. It would be 4 adults a d 2 kids 10 & 7. How tight will it be? Also with the promotion, would the 5&6 be entitled to the UPD And UPB?

6 people in an SJ? I wouldn't, but it can be done. I couldn't deal with 1 bathroom for 6 people! Keep in mind it is basically 1 big room with a curtain around the main bed. Not much privacy. I'm not sure about the UDP, but only the first 2 get the UBP; the rest get soda packages.

Everyone will get the dinning package, but only passengers 1&2 will get the beverage package. Like the other poster stated, the others will get the soda package. As far as it being tight or not, I wouldn't do it. The promo makes it very tempting to add on more ppl to your cabin, but you also need the think about the quality of your vacation. I'd lose my mind with 6 other ppl in my space lol. That being said, only you and your partner can decide whether or not you'll be able to tolerate such close living quarters.

We were a family of 4, kids were 6 and 4 at the time and we had plenty of room. If we had to add another small child no problem.

4 Adults and 2 kids...

You have a King Bed, a murphy bed and a couch bed. Assuming the kids can sleep together then maybe it's possible. Which adults get the sofa or murphy?

It will be tight.

I wouldn't do it personally

We booked an SJ with 5 (3 adults 2 kids). Its me my sister her hubby and her two boys. We did it because I get a comp from CAS and she asked me if,I could do this for them. If it was my real vacation I probably wouldn't but since I'm doing it for her to save $2,000 I'll "suffer" through that cruise lol.

Fwiw most people tell me I'm crazy to have six in an H 4 which is larger than the SJ. But I did look into the SJ on the dawn for our family of 4 with my parents but we have no problem traveling together and are very used to sharing hotel room. A SJ is probably the equivalent of a normal hotel room that you would have so you'd have to think if you can't stand to all be in the same living space for a week or not.

kind of depends on the people, I suppose. For some families, a whole house feels too close for comfort.

Regarding the one bathroom, if necessary, showers can be taken in the gym/spa area.

Not terribly good - the SJ suites are on Deck 12 forward - the gym and spa

are all the way aft on decks 12 and 11. One would have to run the bathroom

robe gauntlet thru the buffet all the way to the other end of the ship.

The closest alternate restrooms are on Deck 13 forward near the elevators

and stairs.

Would do this only for a short cruise 5 days or less.

We booked an SJ with 5 (3 adults 2 kids). Its me my sister her hubby and her two boys. We did it because I get a comp from CAS and she asked me if,I could do this for them. If it was my real vacation I probably wouldn't but since I'm doing it for her to save $2,000 I'll "suffer" through that cruise lol.

That was very nice of you to do. I'd probably go and get myself an inside cabin though, and suffer through that since it's not your real vacation. Sleeping in one room with your sister and her husband and their kids sounds a bit much. It'd be different if her husband wasn't going to be in there.

Frankly, it all depends on how big the kids are. If they're smallish 10 and 7 year olds, and one of your inlaws would share the murphy bed with one, the other would be willing to sleep on the equivalent of the pull out sofa, and the other child would sleep in bed with you... maybe. I would not call that the suite life, however, no matter how much of a bargain it was!

If your inlaws are small adults, they could probably share the murphy bed (snugly). If they're larger, it could be an issue.

Would you be willing to have both kids in bed with you all week? That's pretty much the only way it would be remotely tempting for your inlaws, in my opinion.

I have a SJ suite booked for my family of 4 and I am considering adding my inlaws to make it 6 people. It would be 4 adults a d 2 kids 10 & 7. How tight will it be? Also with the promotion, would the 5&6 be entitled to the UPD And UPB?

I wouldn't even consider it:way too crowded. Even 6 in a haven suite is tight if that many are adults.

Is it possible... yes:confused:

Is it recommended ... no:eek:

That was very nice of you to do. I'd probably go and get myself an inside cabin though, and suffer through that since it's not your real vacation. Sleeping in one room with your sister and her husband and their kids sounds a bit much. It'd be different if her husband wasn't going to be in there.

Well I told my sister I'm sharing the bed with her and her hubby has to sleep with the boys lol. I can't get myself an inside cabin they need me in the same cabin in order to use the comp and and save the $2000. It will all work out fine I'm sure.

Edited by FootballParent

Well I told my sister I'm sharing the bed with her and her hubby has to sleep with the boys lol. I can't get myself an inside cabin they need me in the same cabin in order to use the comp and and save the $2000. It will all work out fine I'm sure.

The first time I read this I was :eek: then :D after i reread it.

Edited by Out to sea!

I have a SJ suite booked for my family of 4 and I am considering adding my inlaws to make it 6 people. It would be 4 adults a d 2 kids 10 & 7. How tight will it be?

I guess if you're asking the question, you already know the answer. :p

In my opinion this depends entirely on you and your family. We grew up doing a lot of time camping (usually in a tent with the entire extended family), and to this day my parents love for all of us to "squeeze" into their RV. I'll confess - I love these times, but I'm use to it. If it was my first time, oh heck no... I asked my husband once if he'd like to go one on of these family vacations, and yes, his answer was, oh heck no! Plus if my relationship with the in-laws (or vice versus) wasn't so great, again, oh heck no.

A couple of things to use in your decision:

1) the average two car garage is 480 square feet which is a few more feet than the SF suite. Go stand in the garage to get a visualization of the space (now remember some of it's going to be used for bathroom and closet). It is a fair amount of space, but at night with all three beds extended it will be wall to wall bed.

2) right down the hall are public bathrooms which in a "moment of need" are easily reached. Plus as already mentioned there's always the gym for showers (not ideal, but doable).

Barbara

Edited by Girr

The Murphy bed looks to be a double, certainly not good for 2 adults or even 2 kids. Same for the sofa bed. How about bringing air mattresses? I would think they would more comfortable in the long run. You don't have to deflate them, just stand them on end to make room during the day.

I'd given some thought, briefly, about an all girls cruise. But I don't know how we'd all share that space for a week!

I think it's all relative, no pun intended ;). Growing up, we were a family of 7...my dad had his own bathroom and all 6 of us girls shared the other. Was it crowded before school in the mornings and did we have fights over the shower? Of course, but it was doable.

For us, affording the cruise will mean squeezing 6 into the suite. If the price of the owner's suite with 2 bedrooms or the 2 bedroom family suite drops, we'll switch, but otherwise, we will make it work. We are 3 kids and 3 adults, and at least 1 of the kids will be in a pack n play, so it's a little different, but I have no doubt we will have a blast!