Specific questions about cabanas on Nellies Beach

peacefrogdog

Couldn't find answers to these specific questions through search:

1. We have two over the water cabanas booked at Nellies Beach (booked under two different people). Ideally we would like them to be next to each other. As we are not suite guests we can not use concierge to make this request, so how can we go about making requests for specific cabanas?

2. I am traveling with a total of 15 (8 adults, 5 kids over 10 and 2 under ) divided among 7 cabins. Tthe maximum number of people per cabana is listed as 6, but does that mean 6 people in one cabana each time, or at any time?

3. Hoping to bring a Bluetooth speaker to play some music while we are relaxing in the cabin. Is that allowable provided we keep the volume down?

Couldn't find answers to these specific questions through search:

1. We have two over the water cabanas booked at Nellies Beach (booked under two different people). Ideally we would like them to be next to each other. As we are not suite guests we can not use concierge to make this request, so how can we go about making requests for specific cabanas?

2. I am traveling with a total of 15 (8 adults, 5 kids over 10 and 2 under ) divided among 7 cabins. Tthe maximum number of people per cabana is listed as 6, but does that mean 6 people in one cabana each time, or at any time?

3. Hoping to bring a Bluetooth speaker to play some music while we are relaxing in the cabin. Is that allowable provided we keep the volume down?

Get off the ship early and try to be among the first to check in. You can request them side by side at that point.

6 people total per cabana is the rule. They will only give out 6 wristbands per cabana for access to the cabana areas. You are over just with the adults. The cabanas aren't large enough for that many people to be in them at one time either.

The volume would need to be very low as the cabanas are pretty close together.

Edited by BND

1. I'm an overplanner and knew exactly what cabana I wanted. I was the first person off the ship and walked over to Nellie's, found the person that was in charge of cabanas and asked for what I wanted. No problem at all and I wasn't a suite guest.

2. They give out only 6 wristbands per cabana and you need the wristbands to be allowed in them.

3. You would have to keep the volume super low. Not that I'm a total biatch :p but if someone was playing music I didn't care for at a volume where I could hear it I'd probably ask the attendant to have them turn it down.

My family booked a cabana on our last visit to Labadee in February 2013. There was a total of 8 of us and they gave us all wrist bands..no questions asked. we were 4 adults and 4 18 year olds..the teens did not spend a bunch of time in the cabana but used it periodically throughout the day. I noticed that there were not a lot of cabanas in use so that might be why they didn't mind that we had two more people than what was allowed.

We have one booked just for the 2 of us. Have any of you brought your own alcohol or just had what they offered?

Since we can't bring our "own" alcohol on the ship, it's unlikely anyone brought their "own" alcohol to a cabana. ;)

You would have to be blasting your music for it to be heard...no worries.

What??

Please don't stay stuff like this.. totally inaccurate. The cabanas are quite close to each other.

I am confused as to why you need a wrist band. Since there is no private buffet and does

this mean without a wrist band you can't get in so the beach is private only to cabana rentals? So if you have a otw cabana and you see friends walk by they are not allowed

to stop and chat?

Thanks for any info.

We were in a Barefoot Beach hillside cabana and we played music all day. We didn't play it "Extremely Soft" as some have said to do, but we had it at an ejoyable level within our cabana without blasting it. :cool:

We had a cabana at Nellie's Beach in May 2014, they are no longer giving out wrist bands for these cabanas. Unless it was booked before a certain date (Oct 2013 I think).

There is no separate buffet for those staying in a Nellie's Beach Cabana. If you don't want to walk to the nearest buffet the attendant will call for a golf cart driver to take you where you want to go.

And yes the cabana's are close to each other.

Enjoy the day!

1. I'm an overplanner and knew exactly what cabana I wanted. I was the first person off the ship and walked over to Nellie's, found the person that was in charge of cabanas and asked for what I wanted. No problem at all and I wasn't a suite guest..

I'm going back to Labadee next year for the first time in a long time. Are the Cabanas at Barefoot Beach the ones that are for Suite guests?

Also do I remember the ones at Barefoot get the "better" buffet lunch than Nellies? But are the same price? Obviously I have a lot of research to do before going here again.

I'm going back to Labadee next year for the first time in a long time. Are the Cabanas at Barefoot Beach the ones that are for Suite guests?

Also do I remember the ones at Barefoot get the "better" buffet lunch than Nellies? But are the same price? Obviously I have a lot of research to do before going here again.

Yes, Barefoot is for suite guests and Pinnacle, and is booked via the Concierge. Nellie's is for everyone, and is booked via the website. Same price range for cabanas. The upgraded buffet is only for Barefoot beach patrons.

Edited by clarea

From what I remember the cabana's at Barefoot Beach were for suite guest……unless RC changed that.

Not sure about one buffet being better than the other……..we had BBQ food & salad, it was no biggie. The BBQ just saved us a trip back to the ship to eat.

We get off the ship as early as possible and head back to the ship around 1 PM. Was in Labadee in December and May…. both times it was very hot (90's) and humid.

We had an OTW cabana on Nellies 6/24/14. There were 5 of us. We were not given any wrist bands. We were never asked to show our wrist bands (or lack thereof).

Glad to hear that. I didn't think you had to have wrist bands to get in Nellies Beach, even

if you rented a cabana. It should be a public area. Thanks again for the report.

We had the same buffet as suite guests when we got the cabana on nellies I took pics let me see if I still have it.

That used to be Royal's policy, but it was changed about a year ago. Nellie's cabana guests no longer have access to the upgraded buffet.

Glad to hear that. I didn't think you had to have wrist bands to get in Nellies Beach, even

if you rented a cabana. It should be a public area. Thanks again for the report.

I think I know what I'm talking about since we've had cabanas 4 times, twice on Barefoot and twice on Nellies. You absolutely had to have wristbands to get to the CABANAS on Nellies, not on the beach on Nellies which is public space. The cabanas are behind a walled off area and not in the "public" space. They had attendants monitoring who went in and out of the cabana areas. Now, they may have done away with the wristbands, but the areas right around the cabanas are not open to anyone except those that have rented them. We no longer rent cabanas, partly because it's an expensive way to get shade, especially since they took away the upgraded buffet access for Nellie's.

On a rare occaison some of the cabanas do not sell out.

Then there will be a waiting list compiled by the Concienage.

On our last Allure sailing there were 2 cabanas available that never rented.

Fernando kept trying to get us to rent one, but, we were too busy and would not enjoy it............beach loungers under the trees suit us fine.

The buffet is different from the traditional other picnic lunches.

It includes everything on the regular buffet, plus, steak shrimp, wider selection of deserts (cookies) and salads.

Last time I wanted my steak a little less cooked (medium) and they cooked a new one..............pretty quick.

We liked it.

Some people will not care for the shrimp that is bbq, but it was a nice change from regular picnic food.

Enjoy.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I think I know what I'm talking about since we've had cabanas 4 times, twice on Barefoot and twice on Nellies. You absolutely had to have wristbands to get to the CABANAS on Nellies, not on the beach on Nellies which is public space. The cabanas are behind a walled off area and not in the "public" space. They had attendants monitoring who went in and out of the cabana areas. Now, they may have done away with the wristbands, but the areas right around the cabanas are not open to anyone except those that have rented them. We no longer rent cabanas, partly because it's an expensive way to get shade, especially since they took away the upgraded buffet access for Nellie's.

The OTW cabanas are not behind a walled off area. Yes, there is an attendant (or two) for the cabanas on each side of the lagoon, and presumably they were watching for people going to the cabanas. Were they? I don't know. I do know we did not have wristbands two weeks ago. We were never asked to show our wristbands either.

I went there last year, so I guess they changed the buffet after that? I will say you aren't missing much - it was very 'buffet' like food, some tough shrimp really and some other ceviche that I thought tasted funny in little plastic Dixie cups. I have pretty high standards on food though, so that may be why I was unimpressed at having this as a 'luxury'. I would have been fine with them charging $10 or $5 less and having a regular buffet....the actual cabana was wonderful though!!

14413484589_c5798c812a.jpg885378_10151493874969489_2071376320_o by ihateworkinglate, on Flickr

The OTW cabanas are not behind a walled off area. Yes, there is an attendant (or two) for the cabanas on each side of the lagoon, and presumably they were watching for people going to the cabanas. Were they? I don't know. I do know we did not have wristbands two weeks ago. We were never asked to show our wristbands either.

Thanks for the update. I am sure things were different before. That is why it is nice to get

updated information from people that just went there. Thanks again. Your info is much appreciated.