Joseph Lustig Cruise Director Insignia

cruisingxpert

I haven't seen anything posted about this person. He is shown in our cruise booklet as the cruise director on our Insignia cruise on Nov 11th.

Has anyone ever met or sailed with him?

CJ

Big News and MAJOR SHIFT over at Oceania-

235628.jpgLeslie Jon will now be your Cruise Director on the Insignia, in place of the inimitable Mr. Lustig.

He's boarding her in Southampton for the 10/2 Transatlantic

map-lg-INS141002.jpgand will be on through early in the New Year. Baby-New-Year.jpg?itok=ExDzEbhQ

Has anyone been on board with Leslie Jon? Any thoughts here? Also, does anyone know where Dotty is? Or, if she's on vacation ... when she's due back?

He is only the very best Oceania has to offer. AFAIK, he was chosen to be the CD on all of O ship's maiden voyages - quite an honor.

JMO - YMMV :)

Has anyone been on board with Leslie Jon? Any thoughts here? Also, does anyone know where Dotty is? Or, if she's on vacation ... when she's due back?

Leslie is the best CD ever IMHO..Please give him my regards..Dottie is on Regatta until 12/21

Jancruz1

Don't know Mr. Lustig, but Leslie is a warm, friendly, "hands-on" CD. He is always visible around the ship and makes a real effort to make people feel welcome onboard. He is also the "original" O CD, having been with the company since the beginning. Nice, nice man.

I agree, interaction with the CD doesn't have a great deal to do with my enjoyment of the cruise, but he/she manages the entire entertainment staff on board, so sets the tone for that portion of the trip. To say they are unimportant is not correct, because there is a great deal more to their job than just shaking hands and introducing the nightly entertainment. They are really part of the crew management.

Edited by TKS

Why does every CD discussion always come back to LJ........The question asked had nothing to do with him !!

As I have said many time the CD has zero impact on my cruises.

Brian

The discussion "came back" to LJ because he is the CD for the OP's cruise.

We get that you don't care who the CD is, but that is exactly what the OP asked.

And I agree with the others, LJ is top notch, You are in the very best hands.

Thank you Jim and Stan and to all who posted their comments. I' don't normally interact with the CD but I agree with TKS that the CD has a great deal to do with the "tone" of the cruise. I've heard a lot about Leslie Jon but never sailed with him so I will be very interested to see why everyone likes him.

Still curious about who Joseph Lustig is. I searched the forum and a few other cruise lines and nothing shows up if I put his name in.

This is also my first time on a "R" ship after 4 on the Riviera. Hope I like it as much as the O ships.

CJ

Why does every CD discussion always come back to LJ........The question asked had nothing to do with him !!

As I have said many time the CD has zero impact on my cruises.

Brian

If you don't care about the CD, then don't comment.:rolleyes: We who play trivia are very interested in the CD. Not only does he or she plan trivia, but all the other activities on the ship and keeps everything moving. The first time we sailed with Leslie was in 1999 (yes on one of the original R ships), and after 15 years, we measure all CDs by Leslie. He and my darling Dottie are just about neck and neck as far as #1 CD is concerned in my book!! Arlene

We have never sailed with Leslie Jon but we spent 39 days on the Regatta with Dottie. Looking forward to cruising with Leslie and seeing if he really is "neck-and-neck" with Dottie. IMHO ... Dottie was probably the most accessible, friendly and wonderful CD we have encountered.

I haven't seen anything posted about this person. He is shown in our cruise booklet as the cruise director on our Insignia cruise on Nov 11th.

Has anyone ever met or sailed with him?

CJ

In response to Toranut here is the original question.

Brian

If you don't care about the CD, then don't comment.:rolleyes: We who play trivia are very interested in the CD. Not only does he or she plan trivia, but all the other activities on the ship and keeps everything moving. The first time we sailed with Leslie was in 1999 (yes on one of the original R ships), and after 15 years, we measure all CDs by Leslie. He and my darling Dottie are just about neck and neck as far as #1 CD is concerned in my book!! Arlene

I do not understand why, if I have a thought that opposes yours I should not be free to comment.

Brian

I called Oceania yesterday with some questions about the Nov 11 cruise. The employee checked with someone else and told me the CD is still listed as Joseph Lustig. Given this thread, I thought that was funny.

Just re-enforces the fact that the Res dept has no idea what is going on ;)

Joseph Lustig is better known onboard simply as “J.R.” He has been with Oceania for many years, most often as assistant cruise director. He is energetic, efficient, gentlemanly, talented and thoroughly professional.

I am surprised no other Oceania cruisers have answered the OP’s original question!

-Sukey-

Joseph Lustig is better known onboard simply as “J.R.” He has been with Oceania for many years, most often as assistant cruise director. He is energetic, efficient, gentlemanly, talented and thoroughly professional.

I am surprised no other Oceania cruisers have answered the OP’s original question!

-Sukey-

I know who is is!! He was with us when we did our Australia cruise in 2009 and he was all the things you said. He was Dottie's assistant CD and left to go to Regent as a CD!! Arlene

[/b][/font][/color]

I do not understand why, if I have a thought that opposes yours I should not be free to comment.

Brian

You can comment all you want about anything you want; you are certainly entitled to your opinions, as are the rest of us, but you are just so negative and I don't understand why!!

-Sukey-

JR is wonderful and to be honest I did not know his full name, as Dottie and company referred to him as JR the entire time. He is funny, a fantastic singer and made the on board activities lots of fun.