FLL TSA PreCheck line

brookie848

Has anyone used the PreCheck line in FLL? We have a very early afternoon flight on a Sunday and we are hoping that this will help some with the long lines that can sometimes occur post-cruise.

Last year, we had a late afternoon flight, so wait time wasn't a big deal for us, but we still felt the wait was a little longer than we are used to at major airports.

TSA Pre Check is a wonderful thing, that is, when the line is open. In my experience, 99% of the time, the line was open and it was a very smooth process. I have experienced the line not open, and therefore had to go through the regular security line, remove shoes, laptop, etc., which is so unnecessary when one pays for the benefit of not having to do so.

Good luck!

Last time we went through they were just sending people from the non precheck line over there. I'll never understand why when two people are traveling together on the same flight, only one of them gets precheck. That happens to us every time.

This is one that you never know. I have it. My wife doesn't. Sometimes she gets it. Other times she doesn't.

Keith

This is one that you never know. I have it. My wife doesn't. Sometimes she gets it. Other times she doesn't.Keith

Happens to me and my DW, last time she didn't get it but I went with her to instead of going to PreCheck. When we got to the TSA document check the Agent pointed out I had PreCheck and that I should go over to their scan area. I said that my wife didn't so I would stick with her.

He said, no problem and wrote in big letters "PreCheck" on both boarding passes and told us to go over to the scanners they were using for Precheck.

Only happened once at T8 JFK (AA). We did appreciate it.

FWIW