How fast do the decorations come down?

Cruisegoer

Sailing on New Year's Eve day and just wondering if the ship might still be decorated for the holidays?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Prinsendam's Christmas/New Year's Cruise in 2015. Lovely decorations through January 1st; upon arising on January 2nd, all of the decorations were gone.

Seems to me, if I remember correctly that HAL leaves them up longer than some other lines. Through New Years Eve. Last year we got on Celebrity Summit on the 26th of December and I don't remember seeing any Christmas decorations. By the time Christmas is over, I personally don't really want to see any. Christmas fatigue. That's what I need a vacation from. :)

Seems to me, if I remember correctly that HAL leaves them up longer than some other lines. Through New Years Eve. Last year we got on Celebrity Summit on the 26th of December and I don't remember seeing any Christmas decorations. By the time Christmas is over, I personally don't really want to see any. Christmas fatigue. That's what I need a vacation from. :)

You should come to Sydney then! In all the department stores the decorations come down at night on Christmas Eve. When they reopen, usually on the 26th, you wouldn't know it has been Christmas. But the decorations in the malls and so on do stay longer.

Yup, usually taken down on Jan 2

Too bad they don't leave them through January 6 for the Twelve Days of Christmas.

When we were in Victoria Canada for New Years and then a few days I loved the fact that their Christmas decorations were still up and the shops played Christmas Carols.

Here at home we celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas, not adding the Three Kings to the nativity set until January 6. One of the Hotels we were at one New Years did that same thing.

Doesn't anyone mark the 12 days of Christmas anymore? :(

Very few people seem to. And also what I've found is that many people think the Twelve Days of Christmas are the twelve days before Christmas rather that the twelve days between Christmas and January 6.

Very few people seem to. And also what I've found is that many people think the Twelve Days of Christmas are the twelve days before Christmas rather that the twelve days between Christmas and January 6.

Sad, isn't it.

Doesn't anyone mark the 12 days of Christmas anymore? :(

Too bad they don't leave them through January 6 for the Twelve Days of Christmas.

When we were in Victoria Canada for New Years and then a few days I loved the fact that their Christmas decorations were still up and the shops played Christmas Carols.

Here at home we celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas, not adding the Three Kings to the nativity set until January 6. One of the Hotels we were at one New Years did that same thing.

January 6th has been my cruise ship experience in the past. Sorry they are moving away from this tradition. :(

What I like best about the Epiphany tradition is that it is not commercialized and about spending money as in the lead up to the first day of Christmas. It is a peaceful period for thinking about what Christmas is really about.

Edited by Tinknock50

Sailing on the Ryndam a while back on the second week of Dec. out of Tampa most of the decorations and glassware came down as we hit a turbulent cold front just as we got to the gulf. All the beautifully decorated trees were tipped over. Luckily they had not put up the gingerbread village yet. Lots of broken china and glassware and we missed two ports.