Ship footwear ----new cruiser

Sledge1

Ok so I am a big guy and I have a pair of crocs and some sandals Just wanted to make sure they will be good enough

I've read several threads in the Fashion and Beauty board about how Crocs can be slippery.

Don't wear anything with a smooth soul.

I don't yet know how smooth my "soul" is:eek: Anyway, if you must wear something with a smooth sole, it is advisable to rough up the sole with sandpaper to rid of the slipperiness or not wear the brand new shoes. And bring shoes that are comfortable. I've seen many people with obviously sore feet or blistered heels just for the sake of fashion.

Avoid flip flops. Or any shoe that does not have good traction on its sole. Going from the heat to the cool the humidity plays havoc with the floors. Pools decks are wet and slippery

I'm a member of the No Shoes Nation. Each to his own.

I'm a member of the No Shoes Nation. Each to his own.

Thanks you! I was beginning to wonder, as I read, if I was the only one! I guess it is growing up in GA. I am always barefoot if I can work it! With the exception of the dining room and eating areas, I basically live without shoes. :D

The muster drill or safety drill - during this definitely wear shoes that can do stairs well. People. Ay step on back of sandals, and just this once double tie laces for safety. The drill may require many levels of stairs.

:confused: Pretty sure you can take the elevators to get to muster drill.

Thanks you! I was beginning to wonder, as I read, if I was the only one! I guess it is growing up in GA. I am always barefoot if I can work it! With the exception of the dining room and eating areas, I basically live without shoes. :D

LOL I do NOT wear shoes unless I have to. Inside the house and even out I the yard, barefoot for sure. Managed to live to a pretty good age that way. Drank water from either the outside spigot or those green garden hoses. :D

You can wear whatever you like, just be careful. I prefer a sport sandal (teva, keen, Merrill) with a bottom that grips. These are great for the beaches too.

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-16&13), (2boys-13&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

I've read several threads in the Fashion and Beauty board about how Crocs can be slippery.

This. I don't wear Crocs, so I can't speak from experience, but there has been quite a bit of discussion lately about alternatives to Crocs because some have found them to be very slippery on board, especially a wet Lido deck. If you are concerned about this, then you want to be sure that you have a sole with some grip...usually textured rubber.

I spend pretty much the entire cruise in Sperry Topsiders, usually without socks. But for the flight (where the TSA makes me take off my shoes) or if we're going off of the ship in a port and we're going to be walking around extensively, I'll put a pair of socks on with them.

The only time I'm not in Topsiders is on "elegant night", and I've tried to talk my wife into letting me wear them then....

I agree with this. I wear Eastland deck shoes which are similar. First cruise I wore my sneakers on the Lido deck and almost slipped several times. Now I just wear these everywhere, they are comfortable and look good. :D

Regardless of what shoes you wear be very careful in the Lido restaurant. The floors on the Breeze and Magic are the slipperiest I have ever encountered in a public place. I did not have any shoes or sneakers that were slip proof. I had a couple of falls and won't go inside the Lido restaurant on either ship. Thankfully, the Breeze has Guys and the Blue Iguana outside.

Regardless of what shoes you wear be very careful in the Lido restaurant. The floors on the Breeze and Magic are the slipperiest I have ever encountered in a public place. I did not have any shoes or sneakers that were slip proof. I had a couple of falls and won't go inside the Lido restaurant on either ship. Thankfully, the Breeze has Guys and the Blue Iguana outside.

The slipperyness of these floors cannot be overstated. In 18 cruises I had never slipped or felt the need to wear specific kind of shoes to prevent falling however on my 19th cruise on the Breeze it all changed. The floors in the lido restaurant were so slippery one night we saw children running and sliding on purpose like on an ice rink.

• 2 weeks later...

Dh & I wear runners which Americans call sneakers & Brits call trainers. Good traction especially on recently washed floors like the lido or wet areas around the pool or the walking decks that get rain or seaspray blown onto them.

I pack flip flops for poolside & in the cabin where I use them as slippers. Too trippy elsewhere. I've had some near falls with them so I'm careful now.

I often pack some Rockports for secure footing when I want my feet open to the sun, toes flapping in the sea breezes. Evening I wear some dressy light sandals.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app