Memorial Day - Thank You !

Orangefan

Thank you to all the Veterans who served our country and protected our lives. A tribute to the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice and the families who supported them.

Sali

http://www.syracuse.com/living/index.ssf/2017/05/watchfire_2017_remembering_those_who_made_the_ultimate_sacrifice.html#incart_river_home

Memorial Day is an American event. I don't know when or if our allies in the U.K., Australia, and New Zealand have a similar day to remember the members of the military who made the ultimate sacrifice. I want them to know that this American veteran is thankful for the sacrifices our allies have made in our united efforts to bring peace to our planet. God bless all of them.

As a veteran, I appreciate your sentiments, but this isn't the proper day to thank veterans for their service. We have our day.

Memorial Day: Celebrated the last Monday in May, Memorial Day is the holiday set aside to pay tribute to those who died serving in the military.

Veterans Day: This federal holiday falls on November 11 and is designated as a day to honor all who have served in the military. Veterans Day began as Armistice Day to honor the end of World War I, which officially took place on November 11, 1918.

Armed Forces Day - for those in active duty

First observed on 20 May 1950, the day was created on 31 August 1949, to honor Americans serving in the five U.S. military branches – the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Coast Guard – following the consolidation of the military services in the U.S. Department of Defense

Memorial Day - to remember those that have given their lives for our country. Veterans Day is for those still living and have served in the armed forces.

Memorial Day is an American event. I don't know when or if our allies in the U.K., Australia, and New Zealand have a similar day to remember the members of the military who made the ultimate sacrifice. I want them to know that this American veteran is thankful for the sacrifices our allies have made in our united efforts to bring peace to our planet. God bless all of them.

Here in Aus it's ANZAC day.

Just to be clear, Memorial Day, formerly Decoration day, celebrated here in the US, is to remember those who have died in service to our country.

Veterans Day, celebrated in November is to recognize those who serve or who have served in our military.

I know that it is a subtle distinction, but today is a solemn day, recognizing those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our homeland.

As a past veteran, Vietnam, I'm aware of the meaning of this holiday. But when people see me in my Veterans hat & say thanks for your service today I reply "Thanks for saying that" as I appreciated that & don't find any fault with anyone that said anything to me.

And thanks for restaurants offering a FREE meal to us veterans that are still alive.

Tom😎

As a past veteran, Vietnam, I'm aware of the meaning of this holiday. But when people see me in my Veterans hat & say thanks for your service today I reply "Thanks for saying that" as I appreciated that & don't find any fault with anyone that said anything to me.

And thanks for restaurants offering a FREE meal to us veterans that are still alive.

Tom😎

Not saying you shouldn't be proud of your service. I just want to set the record straight about what this day means versus Veterans Day.

Thank you for your service... and yes thanks to all the establishments that offer Free meals to veterans that are still alive.. wish they could all take turns; so everyday a Veteran can get a meal everyday.

God bless you for serving.

Tom😎

Here in Aus it's ANZAC day.

Those who were at Gallipoli were fed to the guns. It was horrible. So many in the rest of the world have no idea what those honored by ANZAC day did. It's sad they don't know. Australians gave so much. Australia hadn't even been established for very long (as Australia) yet they jumped right in.