Majesty Diamond Lounge Sneaking In

Once again, the only thing consistent on RCI's ships...is inconsistency. Most of the DL overflow into the VCL lounge on ships we have been on, there is a "guard dog" at the entrance for the entire couple of hours. Not really good profit to

be made on serving drinks to pax that have not paid for the privilege....whether $$$$ over time...or $$$ booked in a suite.

I am very surprised they don't station a crew member at the entrance. And some to just to sneak in to get food??!! ;p Are you kidding me??!! Go to the WJ and stuff to your hearts content!! :hearteyes:

Will be interesting the end of the month when we board MJ for the first time. ;)

Never fear, we have been to the event many times on MJ and what has been reported here is not something we have observed. Have a great time!!!

Never fear, we have been to the event many times on MJ and what has been reported here is not something we have observed. Have a great time!!!

Thanks Ian! :)

I thought that was odd to not have any control there. Looking forward to checking her out for the first time, and the

VCL event. We always enjoyed the Diamond "events" before they put in the DL also.

Just of the Majesty May 5th sailing. First time I have ever seen children in the DL. I asked about it and was told if they are diamond they are welcome. They were very well behaved, placed their own orders and obviously not newcomers. No problems at all. The food was some of the best we have ever had in the DL on any of the ships. Nice gathering.

We were on the Majesty of the Seas 2 weeks ago. Had a great time it was a nice quick getaway. We went up to the VCL event with our invitation in our pocket we were never asked about weather we could be there or not. The question of somebody other than the event director or security asking your status or weather you belong here might get you and your luggage sitting on the dock at the next port of call. Some people don't take public embarrassment lightly. I guess what I'm trying to say is go the event which was very nice and don't worry about other people and what they're doing or weather they belong there because they might be undercover security.

Just of the Majesty May 5th sailing. First time I have ever seen children in the DL. I asked about it and was told if they are diamond they are welcome. They were very well behaved, placed their own orders and obviously not newcomers. No problems at all. The food was some of the best we have ever had in the DL on any of the ships. Nice gathering.

We were on that sailing with you. I agree about the food. And it was never crowded.

We were on the Majesty of the Seas 2 weeks ago. Had a great time it was a nice quick getaway. We went up to the VCL event with our invitation in our pocket we were never asked about weather we could be there or not. The question of somebody other than the event director or security asking your status or weather you belong here might get you and your luggage sitting on the dock at the next port of call. Some people don't take public embarrassment lightly. I guess what I'm trying to say is go the event which was very nice and don't worry about other people and what they're doing or weather they belong there because they might be undercover security.

Undercover security? LOL. They won't kick you off for asking questions.:confused:

Bunch of us went on the Majesty back in February and really enjoyed the VCL. My wife and I, daugther and her friend and My brother and SIL all had gold cards (Suites). My niece and her friend and my sister and BIL had outer rooms. What I liked about VCL was we could all be together at the end of the evening for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The outer room people had to pay for their drinks but were allowed to sit with us. We say on the end next to the ropes. I didn't notice anybody sneaking in but did notice many people stopping and read the sign and turn around.

Bunch of us went on the Majesty back in February and really enjoyed the VCL. My wife and I, daugther and her friend and My brother and SIL all had gold cards (Suites). My niece and her friend and my sister and BIL had outer rooms. What I liked about VCL was we could all be together at the end of the evening for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The outer room people had to pay for their drinks but were allowed to sit with us. We say on the end next to the ropes. I didn't notice anybody sneaking in but did notice many people stopping and read the sign and turn around.

Did your non Suite or Diamond and above participate in the hors d'oeuvres as well?

We will be cruising on MJ in June, as Diamond and Suite Guest. We will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did your non Suite or Diamond and above participate in the hors d'oeuvres as well?

We will be cruising on MJ in June, as Diamond and Suite Guest. We will check it out

They did not go up and help themselves but I wouldn't have seen a probably with it away. There were not very many people in the VCL. Probably a 6 to 12 at the most that I saw.

I have snuck in to both the suite lounge and the diamond lounge in the past.

It was pretty easy...

More power to you. Personally, we are not one who checks credentials, but there are those out there that do.

If one is not Diamond or above, or a Suite Guest, wouldn't this be similar to stealing something one has not earned?

More power to you. Personally, we are not one who checks credentials, but there are those out there that do.

If one is not Diamond or above, or a Suite Guest, wouldn't this be similar to stealing something one has not earned?

True but the most important thing is they are taking seats to the detriment of eligible people if the lounge is full

• 1 month later...

We recently cruised on Majesty with our daughter. We are Diamond Plus but she is not. We enjoyed the free drinks and very special appetizers each night in VCL She sat with us but did not drink. It was never full and only spoke to an officer 1 night on the Fri - Mon cruise. The Viking Crown Lounge is so relaxing to us. We use it during our cruise to read and watch pool people and sailaways.

We recently cruised on Majesty with our daughter. We are Diamond Plus but she is not. We enjoyed the free drinks and very special appetizers each night in VCL She sat with us but did not drink. It was never full and only spoke to an officer 1 night on the Fri - Mon cruise. The Viking Crown Lounge is so relaxing to us. We use it during our cruise to read and watch pool people and sailaways.

We were on MJ the weekend before the 4th. Never a crowd in the VCL and plenty of good munchies. Nobody asked to see our credentials.

I was on Oasis last year and there was some C&A event. We weren't status, but happened to be near there and they were handing out free drinks. It was fun pretending to be special for a few moments for some free drinks and some words from the Captain. My FIL, English as a 3rd language, didn't quite understand what they were saying and we just kind of followed him in. If only the special Emerald Diamond Extreme members knew we were not supposed to be there!!!!

There's just a sign and maybe a velvet rope; it's not really sectioned off; no card access door I could understand why people would just think it was an appetizer/happy hour. Some may be trying to get away with something, but others may be totally clueless as to what it is/who it is for and think they are just in the right place at the right time for some views and drinks/snacks. Last time I was on Majesty we sat with a couple and it was their very first cruise; they thought it was just happy hour up there before dinner, they had no idea. I did not think they were trying to scam anything. They couldn't believe the drinks were free, they were so impressed and amazed. They weren't making a scene about it and it's not my job to police or embarass anyone so I just let them know, yeah, this is a perk you get as part of the rewards program.

I'm coming to this thread late, haven't read all the replies. In Oct of 2016 there was a sign up saying DIAMOND EVENT for Diamond Members only. I'll check again in Sept. I did see one guy come in an say, "I'm Diamond as of today (Day 2 of 4 day) nobody challenged him. Now off to read other replies.

Chops is expected to move into where Compass Deli is, and have a bit more extra space on deck 12 as well.

Rick and Deirdra

I hadn't heard that, thanks for posting. I think in 2016 we totally forgot to go the Compass Deli. I'll make a point to go one last time.

I'm coming to this thread late, haven't read all the replies. In Oct of 2016 there was a sign up saying DIAMOND EVENT for Diamond Members only. I'll check again in Sept. I did see one guy come in an say, "I'm Diamond as of today (Day 2 of 4 day) nobody challenged him. Now off to read other replies.

There'es still a sign

Ellen who keeps hoping that prices will come down so she can sneak into the Lounge next month

There'es still a sign

Ellen who keeps hoping that prices will come down so she can sneak into the Lounge next month

Between the new deposit policy and a fairly quiet start to hurricane season prices haven't been coming down like they did this time last year as you appear to know. Some local friends (to the port) have been waiting for prices to drop. I booked a little earlier this year, a bit up from last year's prices, but still reasonable.