Review of Equinox TA with lots of pics and menus

MVPinBoynton

We have completed the review of our first Transatlantic cruise. It was on the Equinox and included ports in Spain and the Canary Islands. We were able to spend four days in Barcelona before the cruise which really gave us time to explore the amazing and beautiful city. While there we were able to tour the inside of La Sagrada Familia, La Palau de la Musica, Montserat and many other places.

EqBar-0876.jpg

EqBar-1144.jpg

In Valencia, along with the old world beauty, we were able to see the modern looking City of Arts and Sciences.

EqVal-2060.jpg

By stopping in Malaga, I was able to take an excursion to the amazing Alhambra Palace. This was a unique and gorgeous palace with such intricate decorations.

EqMal-3175.jpg

We also had great excursions in Lanzarote and Tenerife in the Canary Islands. There are lots of photos from all of the ports; as well as the activity itineraries from the Celebrity Today's for the seven days we were at sea. I put in the itineraries, since I see many questions on the boards about what there is to do during a TA.

I have also included photos of the latest drink programs and menus, including the World Class Bar and the Grastrobar. To see our review, go to www.thepreismans.com.

We hope you enjoy sharing our most enjoyable vacation through the review.

Looking forward to reading your TA review. My husband and I are going on our first TA in April on the Reflection. Similar itinerary.

We have completed the review of our first Transatlantic cruise. It was on the Equinox and included ports in Spain and the Canary Islands. We were able to spend four days in Barcelona before the cruise which really gave us time to explore the amazing and beautiful city. While there we were able to tour the inside of La Sagrada Familia, La Palau de la Musica, Montserat and many other places.

EqBar-0876.jpg

EqBar-1144.jpg

In Valencia, along with the old world beauty, we were able to see the modern looking City of Arts and Sciences.

EqVal-2060.jpg

By stopping in Malaga, I was able to take an excursion to the amazing Alhambra Palace. This was a unique and gorgeous palace with such intricate decorations.

EqMal-3175.jpg

We also had great excursions in Lanzarote and Tenerife in the Canary Islands. There are lots of photos from all of the ports; as well as the activity itineraries from the Celebrity Today's for the seven days we were at sea. I put in the itineraries, since I see many questions on the boards about what there is to do during a TA.

I have also included photos of the latest drink programs and menus, including the World Class Bar and the Grastrobar. To see our review, go to www.thepreismans.com.

We hope you enjoy sharing our most enjoyable vacation through the review.

Looking forward to reading your TA review. My husband and I are going on our first TA in April on the Reflection. Similar itinerary.

Other than losing an hour most sea days while crossing the Atlantic, it should be very similar. I hope you have Valencia and Malaga on your itinerary, since they are truly marvelous ports. Well, come to think of it, so were Lanzarote and Tenerife. :D Have a great TA.

We've just booked our 4th westbound TA. Love those 25 hour sea days!

We booked our second while on-board. The extra hours are nice; but the iPhones, iPads and cameras have to be reset five times in seven days, since they don't auto update at sea. :D

Edited by MVPinBoynton

Great review (we bookmark your web page!)

I notice they seem to have squashed 4 courses of food into 3 in the MDR - I guess a lot of people will start to order 3 courses instead of 4!

Thanks. We had no problem still ordering 4 courses. :D I was surprised that they moved the "available every day" items to the main page. It did make it a very busy page and with a smaller font. They had the same number of items for appetizers and soups/salads; but they combined them as starters. Thankfully the food was very good.

Thanks for your review Mike. Really glad you set up the private tour to see inside Cesar Manrique's home--fascinating!

Linda

Thanks Linda. Glad you enjoyed it. That home was most interesting to visit; but I sure wouldn't want to live there. :D As I said in the review, I was amazed at how many things we got to see during the tour. I am sorry that I didn't get to talk to you right after the excursion; but I had to run over to get photos of the Equinox. It was the only port where I had an opportunity to get them. I have to have a ship pic for the front page.

As always, I enjoyed reading your review and seeing your terrific photos. I found this review particularly interesting as we boarded the Equinox when disembarked. And there were some notable difference between the two cruises. Here are some:

We had Captain Panos (whom we got a kick out of)

Future Cruise office looked quite new; didn't realize just how new it was!! Quasar remained though I'm guessing it was smaller than before. I think the old Future cruise space was now hosting the Destination Experts

That landing area between Decks 14 and 15 aft that has two bistro tables in your photos (and is how I remember it from previous S Class cruises) now has four "Titanic" type chiars with cushions on them. Definitely popular during Sailaways!

We only had the Cirque de Soleil show. No other Equinox production shows which was a disappointment. I guessed it was because they must have picked up some new dancers and singers once back in the U.S. The production crew did do two Atrium performances towards the end of our cruise which was fun.

On our last day, they opened up Whiskey House on Deck 15. Looked like they were going to offer tastings (all part of the Walker company) but mainly there to sell bottles of whiskey

Ship entertainers were the same.

Thought you might be interested....

As always, I enjoyed reading your review and seeing your terrific photos. I found this review particularly interesting as we boarded the Equinox when disembarked. And there were some notable difference between the two cruises. Here are some:

We had Captain Panos (whom we got a kick out of)

Future Cruise office looked quite new; didn't realize just how new it was!! Quasar remained though I'm guessing it was smaller than before. I think the old Future cruise space was now hosting the Destination Experts

That landing area between Decks 14 and 15 aft that has two bistro tables in your photos (and is how I remember it from previous S Class cruises) now has four "Titanic" type chiars with cushions on them. Definitely popular during Sailaways!

We only had the Cirque de Soleil show. No other Equinox production shows which was a disappointment. I guessed it was because they must have picked up some new dancers and singers once back in the U.S. The production crew did do two Atrium performances towards the end of our cruise which was fun.

On our last day, they opened up Whiskey House on Deck 15. Looked like they were going to offer tastings (all part of the Walker company) but mainly there to sell bottles of whiskey

Ship entertainers were the same.

Thought you might be interested....

Thank you so much for that information. It can be a problem when there is a change over with production shows. Where did they put the Whiskey House on 15? I would have liked to try that venue. Can you post a pic of the landing area, if you took one? I would like to see the chairs. That is a great spot.

Glad you found my notes interesting.

I don't have a picture of the lounge chairs on between Decks 14 and 15; however, they are the same as the ones you took a picture of on the Promenade deck with the orange/red striped covers. Very comfortable!

The Whiskey House is in the space which at one time had a small shop for selling Celebrity items (2012). Prior to the construction, the windows were covered up but they were showing Michael Kors handbags. It would be similar to where The Porch is on Silhouette. Hope you can picture that.

What a thorough review...thank you for your time and effort..will be on equinox in Jan....only discouraging portion of the review was drink menus...seems like not much choice if you have classic package which we were given...we will make it work somehow...thanks again:D:D:D:D

Glad you found my notes interesting.

I don't have a picture of the lounge chairs on between Decks 14 and 15; however, they are the same as the ones you took a picture of on the Promenade deck with the orange/red striped covers. Very comfortable!

The Whiskey House is in the space which at one time had a small shop for selling Celebrity items (2012). Prior to the construction, the windows were covered up but they were showing Michael Kors handbags. It would be similar to where The Porch is on Silhouette. Hope you can picture that.

I know exactly where you mean. It did seem a waste to not have that space used for something.

What a thorough review...thank you for your time and effort..will be on equinox in Jan....only discouraging portion of the review was drink menus...seems like not much choice if you have classic package which we were given...we will make it work somehow...thanks again:D:D:D:D

The free classic package keeps becoming less valuable. The World Class bar even makes the Premium not as good.

Thank you for the outstanding review! I really enjoyed your pictures. After seeing those, I really want to visit Spain. Thanks for sharing the menus too. We are going on Celebrity for the first time in December. We are going on the Equinox. Really looking forward to it!

Mike,

Your reviews are always full of great details and beautiful pictures! Sounds like you and Carol enjoyed your first TA, otherwise you wouldn't have booked another one. I love TAs because you're very busy in the beginning of the trip but then you get to RELAX for so many days before getting home. We'll be doing another one next October and can't wait.

Thanks again for sharing.

Leslie

Mike,

Your reviews are always full of great details and beautiful pictures! Sounds like you and Carol enjoyed your first TA, otherwise you wouldn't have booked another one. I love TAs because you're very busy in the beginning of the trip but then you get to RELAX for so many days before getting home. We'll be doing another one next October and can't wait.

Thanks again for sharing.

Leslie

You are most correct about why we booked another one. It was most enjoyable. I hope your TA is as good as ours was.

That sounds great Ed. It has been too long. Can you send me an email and we can set something up?

For some reason, I can not get an email to you. I have tried 3 times. You want to try mine? texedhou at aol dot com. :)