UBER is back in Ft Lauderdale

royalcruz

YES! Uber can pick up and drop off at both the airport and Port Everglades. Your Uber driver will have a sticker on the passenger side of the windshield with a large "U" on it. "Starting Friday October 23, 2015, you must display trade dress ("U" Sign) on your vehicle when operating in Broward County. This includes pickups or dropoffs at Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades."

When using UBER, do you have to pay to download the app.

Is there a contracted lets say monthly service fee.

Tip is included correct??

Never used it just saw commercial on TV.

I guess I could google, but someone with experience tell me more.

Thanks

When using UBER, do you have to pay to download the app.

Is there a contracted lets say monthly service fee.

Tip is included correct??

Never used it just saw commercial on TV.

I guess I could google, but someone with experience tell me more.

Thanks

No monthly fee and app is free. You leave a credit card on file on the app and they automatically charge it for your ride. You cannot add a tip to the card so if you do decide to tip you must do it in cash. The app will give you an estimate for the fare.

You will hear different answers on the tipping question. Officially uber says you don't have to but I always find the drivers very pleased when I do tip. They won't ask or imply you need to tip.

Uber is awesome! Download the app, hook it up with your credit card and you are in business. Just click the app and you will see what Uber cars are available in our area. It will even show you their picture. You can choose which one you want and follow their progress to you so you know exactly where they are and when they are arriving.

Uber is awesome! Download the app, hook it up with your credit card and you are in business. Just click the app and you will see what Uber cars are available in our area. It will even show you their picture. You can choose which one you want and follow their progress to you so you know exactly where they are and when they are arriving.

Thank you for your reply do you know if they would pick up at the FLL airport and drive to a Miami hotel?

No monthly fee and app is free. You leave a credit card on file on the app and they automatically charge it for your ride. You cannot add a tip to the card so if you do decide to tip you must do it in cash. The app will give you an estimate for the fare.

You will hear different answers on the tipping question. Officially uber says you don't have to but I always find the drivers very pleased when I do tip. They won't ask or imply you need to tip.

Just remember by using Uber, you can rate your driver, and your driver can rate you too.

I am not gonna say if you don't tip, you will be marked as "no-tipper", but low rating customers will be less likely to be served, and all your activities will be logged on their server.

Just remember by using Uber, you can rate your driver, and your driver can rate you too.

I am not gonna say if you don't tip, you will be marked as "no-tipper", but low rating customers will be less likely to be served, and all your activities will be logged on their server.

I use Uber at least five times a week and I don't tip and I have a 4.9 rating.

My driver told me last night they do indeed drop off and pick up at the airport.

The queue up just like the cabs do.

I use Uber at least five times a week and I don't tip and I have a 4.9 rating.

My driver told me last night they do indeed drop off and pick up at the airport.

The queue up just like the cabs do.

Will they pick up from the FLL airport and take you to a hotel in miami?

Will they pick up from the FLL airport and take you to a hotel in miami?

Yes, they will. I did it last year. Be mindful of peak pricing, which is based on demand.

It will even show you their picture. You can choose which one you want and follow their progress to you so you know exactly where they are and when they are arriving.

Interesting, this is different from my experience. I've used it in several cities and was not given the option to choose a driver. My experience is that I can see cars on the map, but not information for each. Once I submit the request, then it shows me which driver is assigned.