Was assigned a table on Oasis can you help?

I will be sailing on Oasis for the first time on the 2 nighter in 3 weeks super excited. I contacted Royal Dining about getting a table for 2 they kindly emailed me back my request can any one tell if this table is by a window?

Table 531

D4

Thank you very much

I will be sailing on Oasis for the first time on the 2 nighter in 3 weeks super excited. I contacted Royal Dining about getting a table for 2 they kindly emailed me back my request can any one tell if this table is by a window?

Table 531

D4

Thank you very much

Royal does not publish dining room maps. Also, table numbers can change cruise to cruise.

Agree that table numbers change from week-to-week.

Also, keep in mind that at dinner time the blinds may be down, depending on which seating you are on, and if it is getting dark.

Sailed the Oasis a few weeks ago, and also the Allure in the past, I seem to remember that tables for two seemed to be more around the balcony than the windows - we had window tables on more than one occasion and it was always a large table for 10-12. The tables for two seemed to be in locations where they could add a small table, such as on the curve of the balcony or near a pillar in the dining room.

I don't often eat in the MDR anymore, but if memory serves correct, on most ships, I think it's rare for tables of two to be by the window. Simply because it makes more sense to put larger tables on the periphery and smaller tables on the interior. Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

I don't often eat in the MDR anymore, but if memory serves correct, on most ships, I think it's rare for tables of two to be by the window. Simply because it makes more sense to put larger tables on the periphery and smaller tables on the interior. Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

We posted about the same time! See #6 above. Totally agree. I think the larger tables are more permanent - they may change table numbers, but the actual tables themselves stay the same - the ones they move around are more towards the middle of the room.

Agree that table numbers change from week-to-week.

I've seen it happen. One of our old traditions was to go into the dining room shortly after boarding and see where are table was so we could bypass the line the first night when the waiters take you to your table. We found our table number noted where it was, got to dinner that night to find out the table had a new number and our table with our number was a smaller table and about 30ft away. I asked the waiter and he said one of the most common reasons they change it for people in wheel chairs. The week before there had been a group that had 6 wheel chair people and they had re-arranged the tables to have more aisle ways around their table. I'm sure there are probably other reasons too.

Agreed. Tables by the window are probably considered prime real estate, so they can satisfy more people if they don't put their smallest tables by the windows.

Edited by time4u2go

My sister & I sailed on Allure, May 2013, had MTD. The two of sat at a table for 4 by ourselves several nights next to the windows. I don't remember looking out the windows too much. You'll be discussing your day and there is so much going on around you that it doesn't matter. We ate around 6:30- 7:00every night and had the same waiters every night but two. No matter where you sit, enjoy the moment and the experience. Have fun!

We've been on both the Oasis and Allure and request/got table #631 which is a table for 2 by a window. It is nicely placed between the MDR and a side dining room. I send the request no earlier than 60 days to RCCL dining and they are very accommodating.

For what it's worth...just looked at my SeaPass from the Allure two weeks ago and we had a table for four by the window #533. Not much of a view since we ate at 8:30 but there was a window with pretty curtains:)