My room was released and changed without my knowledge

We leave in June on the Oasis and booked our 3 rooms side by side in Feb 2014, Balcony Boardwalk. I was looking at my reservation today and realized my room # was not where it was supposed to be. I called RC, spent 30 minutes on hold and I was told that on March 28 through some unknown entity my room was released through the website and I was moved. Luckily I was able to get moved back to the same floor 2 rooms down but now someone has my room which was in the middle of the 3 we booked. I got an apology and OBC for $100 but I am very frustrated that this happened. Thank goodness I was checking my reservation! Has anyone had this happen before?

Did you have a handicap accessible room? Have heard of them moving someone with disabilities into a room, but I would have thought they would contact you? Very strange

ouch....that sucks....so if it somehow got released from you....they should have been finding a way to release it again, get you back in it and give you an onboard credit....Well, maybe you'll get something figured out...good luck...

Edited by splash_in_the_water

Might it have been a berth utilization issue? for example, were there only two booked in a cabin that can hold three (or four)? even if that does happen to be the reason, I think they should have contacted your travel agent (if you used one) or you (if you booked directly).

If it were me I would pursue this further. It may work..it may not but no harm in trying.

As you were the original one to book why are they letting you be upset and offering you the $100 OBC. Let them move the second person and give them the $100 OBC. Works out the same....1 person upset except this time the person that was booked in the cabin first gets to keep the cabin and your group of 3 cabins in a row remains intact.

I would try calling back and asking for resolutions. If that did not work I would escalate it to the executive offices that can be reached by e mail at mbayley@rccl.com.

As another poster stated previously they may have moved you if you had 2 booked into a quad cabin. In that case I think that it was poor for Royal to do that without notifying you but I don't think that you will get anywhere so just take the $100.

If it were me I would pursue this further. It may work..it may not but no harm in trying.

As you were the original one to book why are they letting you be upset and offering you the $100 OBC. Let them move the second person and give them the $100 OBC. Works out the same....1 person upset except this time the person that was booked in the cabin first gets to keep the cabin and your group of 3 cabins in a row remains intact.

I would try calling back and asking for resolutions. If that did not work I would escalate it to the executive offices that can be reached by e mail at mbayley@rccl.com.

As another poster stated previously they may have moved you if you had 2 booked into a quad cabin. In that case I think that it was poor for Royal to do that without notifying you but I don't think that you will get anywhere so just take the $100.

I agree with you (assuming that the cabin capacity is the same), but RCI never does that. For some reason they are more concerned with keeping the second booker happy than making it right with the first one.

It was not an accessible room or a guaranty. We booked to have 3 rooms side by side over 1 year ago. I agree they should move someone like they moved me but they won't, I'm on a waiting list for my old room back. :mad:

I feel a squeaky wheel may be in order... maybe it will shorten the waiting list.

I sent an email so I'll let you know what happens!

Sunny, I would really like to know how you get on.

I am in negotiations at present as the same has happened to me and I am disgusted at what is being offered. I booked 3 Balcony Cabins (2 of which were connected) to sail on Anthem in 4 weeks time.

Found out at the weekend that 1 of the Inter-Connecting cabins has been cancelled and others have been put in?

It has caused my whole family to be separated. They have offered my another cabin to the front of the ship where the ones that remain are mid ship. The new cabin comes with a different dining package so we wouldn't even get a chance of eating together !

I am at boiling point and on the verge of cancelling. Royal Caribbean refuse to talk with me saying they only deal with Travel Agents! The Travel Agent rang me today offering me a meal at a restaurant of my choosing on the ship.

I politely refused explaining I found it derisory and disrespectful. Nobody even told me of this and If I hadn't discovered it by chance I would have found out at Southampton when trying to board that 2 of my family of 5 would be without accommodation. I would have been mortified.

Luckily enough they have been efficient enough to bank the money I paid for the Cruise, booked 15 months ago and no doubt earn its interest too.

My negotiations resume on Thursday ................

Did you mark the reservation as "do not upgrade"? They may have considered the new room an "upgrade" from your existing room, and depending on how the system is set up, it didn't care that your reservation was specifically for adjacent rooms.

We leave in June on the Oasis and booked our 3 rooms side by side in Feb 2014, Balcony Boardwalk. I was looking at my reservation today and realized my room # was not where it was supposed to be. I called RC, spent 30 minutes on hold and I was told that on March 28 through some unknown entity my room was released through the website and I was moved. Luckily I was able to get moved back to the same floor 2 rooms down but now someone has my room which was in the middle of the 3 we booked. I got an apology and OBC for $100 but I am very frustrated that this happened. Thank goodness I was checking my reservation! Has anyone had this happen before?

Was this the first time you looked at your room number since booking in February or did they send you another reservation recently to make you see you were moved?

Over a year ago on another cruise lines, I was moved from my mid ship balcony cabin to foward. They notified my TA who told them I was to be moved back to my original cabin ASAP. I learned of the move because I went into check my Reserv within 15 min of the phone call to my TA. Upon calling my TA who explained what had happened, I could tell she was quite angry about them moving me. I promptly went back to check my Reserv and I was back in my original cabin and notified my TA of this which she was happy to hear. I was never notified of the move and if left unchanged would have learned of it at boarding.

Keep fighting.

In Feb I arrived Valparaso to board Celebrity Infinity. At the check in, check in, we found out our cabin was cancelled and replaced with a aqua spa under pool deck on the wrong side of the ship. We had no no upgrade on file and I had called celebrity the week earlier to confirm!

I got on board and got my original room back cause we were early on. Of course we lost our early sitting in the main dining room. So I had to fight for my requested table again.

After 5 hrs, I got our original booking reconstructed.

Then, I went back to guest relations and extracted a $400 p.p credit to my current cruise to compensate me for their incompetence. It was the email to NBC on my blackberry ready to send that freaked them.

I had no notice at all, they just did it thinking that I would worship them for giving us acquainted class.

We remain furious with Celebrity.

It would have been different if they had offered when one checked in.

That and the significant decline in food quality have ended our bookings with celebrity until further notice

ABoatNerd

I can't have my original room back as whoever now has it is not with my Travel Agent :confused:

My negotiation is going to start at $200 obc per room and Drink Packages for my 2 boys.

Would this be considered reasonable??

Sorry this happened to you. I would check out further with your agent, as RC won't deal with you if you booked through an agency. Did the TA have the bookings marked as a group/no change, linked reservations? Also have them marked no upgrade. Sometimes the move is an upgrade, but not one that you would want!

Would really pursue with TA.