My room was released and changed without my knowledge

Seriously? In the scheme of things and life this is not a big deal but if I pay money, make a reservation 16 months before the cruise I expect to get what I reserved. :confused:

I have been very busy with work this week so this has had to take a backseat but since I have not received an email response I plan to make some phone calls. Any ideas where I would find a phone # other than the main line on the website?

So sorry this happened to you. They need to fix this for you.

This is the information for Customer Relations:

You are also welcome to call our Corporate Guest Relations Department:

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST

Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST

(800) 256-6649

What did the TA do to make that happen? I give her kudos for admitting to it but I don't see how once the room is booked that you were just randomly be changed unless they deliberately did something to change it. Did they say how it happened?

We had a similar experience on Delta. We had booked premium economy the day a flight had been open for booking. About three months before our flight I noticed we had unassigned seats in regular economy. Premium economy was of course sold out by this point and Delta blamed The TA and the TA blamed Delta. We never did get our premium economy seats, that the error was traced back to the computer system and the TA that didn't communicate appropriately with Delta. After much conversation and conference calls and emails we still received zero compensation. So frustrating when you book so far in advance and then things like this happen

Seriously? In the scheme of things and life this is not a big deal but if I pay money, make a reservation 16 months before the cruise I expect to get what I reserved. :confused:

I have been very busy with work this week so this has had to take a backseat but since I have not received an email response I plan to make some phone calls. Any ideas where I would find a phone # other than the main line on the website?

Whilst I agree that things shouldn't change once booked and paid for, at least you are still on the cruise. Multitudes of people booked when the itineraries were released only to then have their cruises completely cancelled due to the ships being chartered out.

We not only had to change ship, itinerary and also slightly amend the date and cabin type as the cabin category we had booked was already sold out even that far in advance, and we were restricted to dates available for us to travel. other than same class ship there was nothing comparable to what we had booked.

Dependent on the category booked, compensation was pretty minimal given that people had to completely rethink their vacation.

Yes, I am still irritated about what happened but we will still enjoy what we have instead.

I am not trying to say what has happened is not irritating, but it could have been worse.

It was not an accessible room or a guaranty. We booked to have 3 rooms side by side over 1 year ago. I agree they should move someone like they moved me but they won't, I'm on a waiting list for my old room back. :mad:

Agreed $100. is nice, but better would have been to give you the room you had back, and notified the people who got your room they were moved to the room given you!:confused:

Agreed $100. is nice, but better would have been to give you the room you had back, and notified the people who got your room they were moved to the room given you!:confused:

Given op is now two rooms down (if I read it correctly) I don't see the harm in RC switching them with op. It should, theoretically be a straightforward switch. The rooms sound like they are close enough.

But RCI didn't make the change. IMO, that means they can't force the new cabin occupants to change. Sure, they can ask, but then what if they say "no"?

The TA should come through with SOMETHING for messing this up.

Whilst I agree that things shouldn't change once booked and paid for, at least you are still on the cruise. Multitudes of people booked when the itineraries were released only to then have their cruises completely cancelled due to the ships being chartered out.

We not only had to change ship, itinerary and also slightly amend the date and cabin type as the cabin category we had booked was already sold out even that far in advance, and we were restricted to dates available for us to travel. other than same class ship there was nothing comparable to what we had booked.

Dependent on the category booked, compensation was pretty minimal given that people had to completely rethink their vacation.

Yes, I am still irritated about what happened but we will still enjoy what we have instead.

I am not trying to say what has happened is not irritating, but it could have been worse.

Big difference between losing your cabin due to chartering an entire ship (which has happened to me twice in the short time I have cruised) and having your pre-selected cabin taken from you with no explanation.

But RCI didn't make the change. IMO, that means they can't force the new cabin occupants to change. Sure, they can ask, but then what if they say "no"?

The TA should come through with SOMETHING for messing this up.

The OP didn't book with a TA. That was someone else who had the same thing happen to them.

Big difference between losing your cabin due to chartering an entire ship (which has happened to me twice in the short time I have cruised) and having your pre-selected cabin taken from you with no explanation.

I know there is a difference, however given the choice of having the wrong cabin or the wrong cruise I know which I would pick:)! My point is OP is now two cabins out from where they started. It sounds like they are now alternate cabins as opposed to connecting. Iritating, yes. Dissappointing, yes. But still close.

Firstly I was trying to make the point that, yes if you book something and make payment for it you should get what you paid for. It doesn't matter whether it is a charter or a cabin change, both paid for something they didn't receive. In the OPs case, at least they get the cruise they booked, allbeit in a different cabin location.

Secondly, who is to say that they were not moved because someone prior to them had booked that cabin and they got moved and complained and got moved back as there had been a previous complaint.? We don't know the full circumstances around the move. I am not saying that is what did happen, but there is likely a chain of events that led up to the cabin being changed and we don't know where or why the error arose.

It is one thing to ask RC to contact the people in the cabin and explain the circumstances and ask them to move And to me that is a reasonable request. It may also be possible, that when the op boards, if they are unable to resolve beforehand, they are able to ask the new guests in that room to switch at check in or once onboard.

I genuinely hope they resolve, but I hope it doesn't let their holiday be ruined if it doesn't work out as desired.

UPDATE :

After 5 days of rather heavy negotiations I have my original cabin back and am back on the cruise. I have been given £100 compensation but I think its not enough so am still in discussion for more.

I cannot explain how stressful this week has been. I am really grateful for the helpful words of support and advice from members of this site, it really is appreciated.

Now I can look ahead and start planning properly.

UPDATE :

After 5 days of rather heavy negotiations I have my original cabin back and am back on the cruise. I have been given £100 compensation but I think its not enough so am still in discussion for more.

I cannot explain how stressful this week has been. I am really grateful for the helpful words of support and advice from members of this site, it really is appreciated.

Congrats. Enjoy your balcony. :)

UPDATE :

Just to clarify for my brain... you are the member that booked w/ the TA, who finally admitted the error was theirs? Assuming the OBC is from the TA?

If you'll look at what I said, I first agreed that it should not happen. But it has, and I'm just wondering why it is so essential to be right next door. Or is it just the principle of the thing?....they're wrong and you're right and by gosh you're going to prove it no matter how long it takes? At some point you have to decide how much time and effort it's worth to fight it. Seems you're going through a lot of aggravation because you've been moved a couple of doors down, into an equivalent cabin and have been given OBC to boot. I guess my question at this point is this: Aside from the matter of principle (that being you should get what you booked), how exactly is the new cabin and $100 OBC worse than the cabin you originally booked?

Again, put the principle aside for a moment and just look at the situation as it exists...is the new cabin truly worse than the original and if so how? If the answer is that it IS worse (smaller, too far away, blocked view, whatever), or that it's not worse but you want to continue the battle on principle, have at it.

If you'll look at what I said, I first agreed that it should not happen. But it has, and I'm just wondering why it is so essential to be right next door. Or is it just the principle of the thing?....they're wrong and you're right and by gosh you're going to prove it no matter how long it takes? At some point you have to decide how much time and effort it's worth to fight it. Seems you're going through a lot of aggravation because you've been moved a couple of doors down, into an equivalent cabin and have been given OBC to boot. I guess my question at this point is this: Aside from the matter of principle (that being you should get what you booked), how exactly is the new cabin and $100 OBC worse than the cabin you originally booked?

Again, put the principle aside for a moment and just look at the situation as it exists...is the new cabin truly worse than the original and if so how? If the answer is that it IS worse (smaller, too far away, blocked view, whatever), or that it's not worse but you want to continue the battle on principle, have at it.

She has children in the connecting cabin!!!

And she wanted to open up the balconies between the cabins. Do you get it now?

There was 2 posters with similar issues..... Should not have happened regardless, they did book adjoining cabins for a reason and it is not for us or anyone else to say whether her reason is "good enough" or the other cabin is "good enough"... That's why!!!

UPDATE :

Thanks for the update, I am glad you got your cabin back.

Laney, fear not for your brain you are correct. No OBC though just a sum paid into my account.

I do apologise as I have confused others with my issues and that of the OP, my cabin was moved from mid ship to the front of the ship, and I wasn't prepared to let my boys be alone, even if one of them is 19.

Laney, fear not for your brain you are correct. No OBC though just a sum paid into my account.

I do apologise as I have confused others with my issues and that of the OP, my cabin was moved from mid ship to the front of the ship, and I wasn't prepared to let my boys be alone, even if one of them is 19.

Enjoy your cruise and your family!

Perhaps I missed it, but I did not see any post by Sunny Delight in which she indicated that she had children in the adjoining cabin.

And she wanted to open up the balconies between the cabins. Do you get it now?

Again, perhaps I missed it, but I did not see any post by Sunny Delight in which she said anything about wanting to open the balcony partitions.

Once again, I agree that it was not right for her to be moved without her okay. I also agree that IF she does indeed have children in an adjoining cabin and/or IF indeed she wants to share the balcony area then it IS worth fighting to be returned to her original cabin. My point was simply that IF things like that are not an issue (and she had not said that they were), maybe its not worth the fight unless she simply wants to continue because of the principle of the thing. But one has to ask oneself when fighting on principle like that, is whether what I'm fighting for really better than what I have? Maybe in this case it is, for some reason the OP had not yet clarified, or maybe it's not. But I offered that suggestion in light of the many posts over the years in which this exact type of thing happens and the person does NOT ever get returned to their cabin.... and they go through a ton of aggravation for nothing.

Wait a minute.... What does the TA have to do with any of this ???? RCCL did this and they can damn well undo it and return your cabin to you!!!

When you book with a travel agent, the travel agent is supposed to deal with you. That's what they're paid for. If the agent doesn't want to take it up with RC, well, it might be time to consider a different travel agent. If the agent says they can't take it up with RC then they're either wrong or they tried and got turned down and have assessed that you're too much of a pain to deal with, in which case you might want to consider a different travel agent next time.

No matter what, your essential and basic recourse is the same no matter what the circumstances: Cancel and rebook. Your call on through whom, to what cabin, or on what line.

The same thing happened to us. We booked with a TA.

We are 2 adults, 1 child & 1 grandparent.

We booked 2 rooms, 1 a double for grandma & child; & a triple for us so kid could sleep in our room.

Sometime after final payment, we noticed that our room number was different.

RCI said that they automatically move people if the occupany doesn't match the room.

The TA didnt' even know about it until I told her.