What should the next regional/ethnic food specialty restaurant be?

LMaxwell

What type of regional or ethnic specialy restaurant would you like to see onboard  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What type of regional or ethnic specialy restaurant would you like to see onboard

I wish they would put in a restaurant like Qsine on Celebrity. It is one of my favorites now and with a great variety so you can go many times and each time eat something different. Also a great place to try different dishes.

They have, it's called Wonderland.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/wonderland/

We're dining there tomorrow night aboard Quantum, can't wait.

Jonathan

They have, it's called Wonderland.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/wonderland/

We're dining there tomorrow night aboard Quantum, can't wait.

Jonathan

Not the same. Unless this link is not showing the whole menu, Qsine has a much larger selection of groups of small plates (around 20 choices). It is also much more standard fare just from many different cuisines around the world.

You cant have good true southern BBQ without wood and a smoker :) We all know that isnt possible on board a cruise ship.

Agree! No way it would be true Southern BBQ! :D

Happily, we can get that at home so something else works for us on cruise ships. Thai gets our vote because we like it and don't have a Thai restaurant close to us. :)

Not the same. Unless this link is not showing the whole menu, Qsine has a much larger selection of groups of small plates (around 20 choices). It is also much more standard fare just from many different cuisines around the world.

Michaels pub has a large selection of $4 plates. Not quite what you are getting at but probably closer than wonderland.

With a little finesse and fine-tuning Samba Grill has some potential.

Besides, if everyone's to be believed the goal is for Specialty Venues to be revenue generators. Barbecue, Bagels or Fish n Chips won't fit that bill.

Indian. It's one of our favourites and always the first meal we have when we get back home.

More importantly, a lot of the chefs are Indian and they produce wonderful Indian food. We sometimes ask for Indian rather than the boring offers in the MDR.

Indian can really polarize folks. I'd sure like it but I realize many folks I know-- including pretty much everyone else at my office-- wouldn't touch Indian food even if you deep-fried it and covered it in cream gravy.

My other suggestion might be to split the current Italian idea. Have one venue be more pasta-focused and the other more toward meat and fish. I know when we hit Giovanni's it's like "we just finished pasta and they plan to bring MORE food?"

But whatever they pick, I'm sure in plenty of folks' minds it'll be "The last straw for us and Royal. How dare they?"

:DI am vegetarian, basically nothing that ever had a face. On ships, after the first night I am brought Indian food every night. I like Indian food.

Since I went with "other", my choice would be Middle Eastern for more variety.

I think with our next cruise on Infinity I may need to have pasta now and then. 42 nights of Indian food may be a stretch.

Edited by SPacificbound

With the addition of a great Mexican restaurant, Sabor, I don't think they need any more specialty restaurants. What I miss on Royal is good casual lunch time options. Windjammer is really weak at lunch (IMHO) and Cafe Promenade is just OK for a snack. I'd like to see something like Princess' pool side grill and excellent NY style pizza by the slice.

Indian or Thai. Much of the crew is from this region so the food would be authentic and also, it's not as costly for the cruise line compared to typical steak-seafood offerings.

Also, many people don't use Indian or Thai as "go to" choices for lunch at work so it might be a nice change, or even new exposure for some.

I wish they would put in a restaurant like Qsine on Celebrity. It is one of my favorites now and with a great variety so you can go many times and each time eat something different. Also a great place to try different dishes.

Indeed. Did my first Qsine in May - and still remember every dish I had. Delicious food and perfect service.

Guest maddycat
How about a sit down, made to order pizza joint. NY style, of course. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That would be good if they could make good (made from scratch) pizza. Crispy thin crust NY style pizza.

Guest maddycat

I voted for Greek food. I'd also like to have a Spanish/Cuban/Puerto Rican restaurant. A Jewish deli would be great. However, the food must be first rate. Don't just add another restaurant with mediocre food.

Indian, absolutely.

At the very least I would LOVE it if they would just make it an obviously available choice, instead of feeling silly and awkward asking your servers if please could you have Indian food instead of the menu items.

I would want something not easily available outside of Miami or Tampa.

And so you put Cuban in your reply's subject line? Isn't that easy to find in Miami?

Indian, absolutely.

And so you put Cuban in your reply's subject line? Isn't that easy to find in Miami?

We have MANY Indian restaurants in my city here in the Mid-Atlantic but no good Cuban restaurant. Thus, I'd like so get good Cuban food on a Royal cruise.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I'd probably vote Greek or Caribbean, because I wouldn't be tempted to eat there. Also, MDR quality has plummeted since they started these specialty restaurants. I'd hate to suggest something only to find it gone from the MDR.

That was one reason I suggested Indian. They used to have at least one Indian entree on the MDR menu almost every night.

Great point Ken. It would be better if they'd just focus on doing current offerings better - vs confusing things and branching out again. Speaking just for myself - I'd prefer 3 "great" restaurants over 20 good ones.

Back the choices - they are all wonderful choices but BBQ- if you get 1000 people together, you'll get 1000 different methods of cooking it. If you get another 1000 people to taste it - you'll get 1000 different opinions - i just can't see how a BBQ restaurant will even be "good" onboard.

Finally consider - how many people form Kansas City, Texas, or Carolina work in the kitchens? None.

My opinion: I'd rather let the staff that is from Asia - make authentic, high quality Thai or Indian food. Cost-wise, it would also be more feasible for RCCl than very meat intensive dishes.