Don't want quantum

Oh good. Another thread complaining about things that no one has experienced yet. Here's how these go: "Grrrr!!! Change bad!!! Me no like anything different! Grrr!!! RCI greedy! Grrr! No like change!!!!"

Yeah, we get it. Quantum and everything about it sucks. In fact, the entire company is completely imploding before our eyes....

By far and away the best post of the year! ROFLMAO!! :D:D:D:D:D

What really bothers me is having to wear this ugly big blue thing on my wrist, I don't want to see that on myself each and every minute, this is my issue its not the tracking really because honestly, for children I think its a great idea but for adults to me its childish wearing this plastic contraction around my wrist, I want the sea pass. :)

My wife loves the idea. Now she can go out and get a whole new wardrobe all in blue to be color coordinated.

Since she is married to the cheapest person on the earth she doesn't have to worry about all her gold and diamonds clashing.

Bill

It won't be long before someone gets all in a knot thinking someone else is going to have an RFID scanner and hack the bracelets charging drinks and shore excursions. Then again it won't be long after that when someone else sells the "brace-o-block" RFID bracelet cover that shields your RCI bracelet from illegal scanning.

Which will make the whole concept kind of useless don't you think? I say this while wrapping tin foil around my head. ;)

It won't be long before someone gets all in a knot thinking someone else is going to have an RFID scanner and hack the bracelets charging drinks and shore excursions. Then again it won't be long after that when someone else sells the "brace-o-block" RFID bracelet cover that shields your RCI bracelet from illegal scanning.

Which will make the whole concept kind of useless don't you think? I say this while wrapping tin foil around my head. ;)

I would think they still have to be signed for though

Would not think they would get rid if that double security feature

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to the alternate universe - one which can only exist in the developed world. One in which people worry about things that have yet to happen - even with facts available contradicting their worry. One in which alternatives to alleviate their worry are readily available (one does NOT have to wear the bands on the wrist).

Cruise Critic, the only place where unfounded worries, create a multipage thread which sucks folks off the sidelines and pads everyone's post count.

PW+1.:cool:

Edited by kemenyg

Quantum will be our first cruise and I literally could not care less about whether it's a card or a band. If it's a card, it'll be in my bag - if it's a band, it'll probably also be in my bag.

I'm pretty sure my entire honeymoon is not going to be wrecked by a blue bracelet.

this is so funny , people getting worried about the things that haven't happened yet.

I'm nearly 70 years old I didn't think I wanted to go on Quantum/Anthem but now I'm getting really excited as we have booked Anthem for October.

I cant wait to try all the new things and use the wrist bands the new technology the DD, life's all about change go enjoy it ,if you don't like it well at least you've tried.

the only thing my Dh is bothered about is the cost but that's a man thing ;)

. oOo PPPPPP TTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIIIII oOo NN N AA LL

O O P P TT II O O N N N A A LL

O O PPPPPP TT II O O N N N AAAAAA LL

O O P TT II O O N N N A A LL

O O P TT II O O N NN A A LL

OO P TT IIIIIIIIIIII OO N N A A LLLLLLLLL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by ssuccow

this is so funny , people getting worried about the things that haven't happened yet.

I'm nearly 70 years old I didn't think I wanted to go on Quantum/Anthem but now I'm getting really excited as we have booked Anthem for October.

I cant wait to try all the new things and use the wrist bands the new technology the DD, life's all about change go enjoy it ,if you don't like it well at least you've tried.

the only thing my Dh is bothered about is the cost but that's a man thing ;)

A person wanting to try new things and feels comfortable with change?

Your type is not allowed on cruise critic. ;):D

Sounds like you two have been hitting the booze.

From reading this thread... they aren't the only ones.

You know when a drunk person says the same thing over and over and over and doesn't comprehend when the sober people are patiently explaining to them what really is going on?

That's what this thread has felt like since your opening statement.

The wristband is

OPTIONAL

Like, like and like. You need a hammer to drive your point home Bob.

If it ever becomes mandatory, the other option is don't cruise RCL. Since the band is only an option, and you can still use your card why is there so much disdain (asked rhetorically).

This band could become more divisional than a smoking, dress code, or booze smuggling thread.

Edited by A&L_Ont

. oOo PPPPPP TTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIIIII oOo NN N AA LL

O O PPPPPP TT II O O N N N AAAAAA LL

O O P TT II O O N N N A A LL

O O P TT II O O N NN A A LL

OO P TT IIIIIIIIIIII OO N N A A LLLLLLLLL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No matter how you spell it, some folks just don't get that it is optional.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Cruise Junky you didn't get my point...my point is that the alcohol program started out on one ship then it went to the others, what I am saying is these bracelets will be doing the same starting out on the quantum and will be on other ships or all their ships down the road. I only hope we have the choice to choose it or not just like we have the choice to choose a drink package or not, by the way, I am so pleased that cruise lines have given us the drink packages, but wearing this device I never be pleased about.

I thought you were done with this thread. At least that's what you said in a previous post.

Edited by time4u2go

Absolutely not! It must be worn on the wrist and visible against the orange jumpsuits we'll all be required to wear while inside our cells...I mean staterooms.

This post, and some of the replies is the funniest I've seen since joining a few months ago.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

best response ever. lol

Where is it written that wristbands are mandatory ? All I have seen so far reads to me as optional.

Wristbands are also e.g. used recently by Disney in their Orlando amusement parks to replace - as an option - the tickets and to be used for their new fastpass plus system, may be used to pay etc.. So RCCL is up to speed also here with the latest and best.

I am WOWed about all the new, recently announced options (options are optional :cool:) and this wipes many of my doubts about if Quantum is 'worth' going for me.

So I'm now no longer doubting if I shall go or not. I'm more waiting for the prices to come down and/or till Q3's routes are announced.

Oh and for all that don't like Quantum - PLEASE don't go as this lowers the booking rate of the ship and brings prices down ... :p

Edited by ChristianDecker

Somewhere in a galaxy, far far away it is mandatory in someone's imagination.

If you believe in the multiverse theory, there must be some alternate universe out there which contains mandatory WOWbands to be worn 24 hours per day all year long (even when not cruising) and robot bartenders taking the place of humans behind every bar in the world.

Of course not. I want mine to be silver, gold, and/or platinum! That way we can all flaunt our status with just a flick of the wrist.

Flaunting of status?! Nobody does that! Never! :D

Edited by Lloyd555